Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kits: K&N Vs Green?

97paseo

Induction Kits: K&N Vs Green?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Induction Kits: K&N Vs Green?

• K&N
    • Green

Looks like these are my two options for induction kits, prob go for Green as I think its cheaper, anyone got any preferences tho? :blink:

ive used both in my motorsport times, the green hold up better, aslong as there maintained

I would go for the K&N. As they seem to be one of the best in induction kits. Green seem to be a budget make. If you have got the extra cash i would go for the K&N. Or better still HKS induction kit?? HKS ar better for the Japanese cars. They deliver more power than a K&N. K&N seem to work better on european cars. There was a post on one of the forums on induction kits. If i can find it i will post it back here again for you to see.

jerry!!

Thanks Jerry!

I'm not sure yet how the prices will compare, i'm waiting for Demon Tweeks to get back to me, got a rough idea for the Green kit tho, I am on a budget so will have to wait & see! Thanks for yor comments! :)

K&N dont make an induction kit for the seo or the 5efe engine at all for that matter.

they only supply a replacement filter which will help a little, but not as much as a full induction kit sucking in nice cold air

alas, green to the rescue. apart from customising ur kit or importing from america, this is your only option (but even this kit is supposed to be twined with a smaller corolla engine) check out their site for more details...

id like to see some evidence that filter A is better than say filters B,C or D

In a recent exeriment an IS300 was dyno'd with a drop in filter, a std filter and an Induction kit, which do you think gave the most gains

the drop in filter by 3hp, the induction kit actually lost 1hp

a cone filter is pretty much that, and 99% of all modern cone filters are made using the same process.

i can vouch for green cotton, as ive used them in motorsport, the K & N didnt hold up to the abuse

Thanks guys! It'll be Green then! Interesting about the IS300 tho. :)

hey supercharged, i just noticed your location... manchester/ milton keynes? not too close to each other then eh? I trust one is work?

nope......i actually work in Germany,

my stamping grounds are manchester/ milton keynes

i like varied scenery :D

i can understand the induction kit dropping 1% if it was fitted by an idiot, they need to be shielded from the hot air under the bonnet either by location or a phsyical shield, if your going to the expense of getting an induction kit you may as well fit it properly, not just bolt it on...... LOL :o