Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Don't Speed In Italy

gordypix

Italian Police have aquired a number of Lamborghini Gallardas in an attempt to catch the country's notorious dangerous & reckless speeding drivers. The car, capable of around 190mph should enable the Police to achieve higher arrest rates in a country where many motorists blatenly ignore traffic calming measures and use their cars to their max.........

Highway Patrols on the Rome- Reggio Calabria Autostrada, one of the most dangerous roads in Italy are now using the Sports Cars.......

wow imagine that... Today you are using the Lambo in your line of duty

:eek:

Cool. How do you go about being a driver for the police in Italy then? :D

You got to do a 5 year apprenticeship in a fiat seicento first :D

I think Wiltshire police have got the right idea

wilt_pol_car_lexusgs430.jpg

I Have seen taht on the M4 a few times....

I can;t understand how they justify rolling about ina decent luxury saloon???

A top spec omega will be just as fast and cost loads less????

Nice to see taxpayers money is being used wisely!

Not a bad job at all! lol

Mind you, even this would be a good pursuit car for this country!! lol

Traffic police car

They use cars like that down here, my bro was pulled several times by them (no police used to like his laguna 3.0 v6 for some reason :lol: )

The Lexus probably wont fall apart after 20k miles tho.  :lol:

Neither will the Omega. They are very well built. My uncle's got a 3.0 with 155k on the clock and it's not gone wrong yet. Just because it's not Japanese doesn't mean it's not reliable and well built. Where are Omega's made now? There were being made in Germany.

Where are Omega's made now? There were being made in Germany.

Don't think they are made any more... We are starting to research our next company cars. It's seems that as our parent company is German, they will only allow us VW or Vauxhall (Opel in Germany). I used to (and still do) like the Omega for the features available for the money. The Omega isn't listed as being available new any more...

Anyone got a spare "learn Italian quick" book?

Scriva dentro qualche cosa a macchina che desideriate e traduca. Lavoro fatto.

Translator :D

Trouble is, it translates to pidgin english. Anybody got a book on THAT??? :D

Hi to everybody!

If you want to see more pictures: http://www.motorbox.com/Auto/5408.html.

Gallardo_Polizia_1_T.jpg

Note that this car (at now there is only one) is a gift from Lamborghini to italian police (for advertisement reasons, I think) and it will be used mainly for fast medical organ transportation.

nofear.gif

Alberto.

Hi to everybody!

If you want to see more pictures: "http://www.motorbox.com/Auto/5408.html".

Note that this car (at now there is only one) is a gift from Lamborghini to italian police (for advertisement reasons, I think) and it will be used mainly for fast medical organ transportation.

Cheers, Alberto.

THERE YOU GO :thumbsup:

Hi to everybody!

If this can interest you, the most commonly used police cars here in Italy are the 156 hp Subaru Legacy 2.5 AWD Wagon; there are then many 150÷155 hp Fiat Marea, sedan and wagon, some Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TS (mainly Sportwagon ones) and some BMW 320i sedan. There are however some exceptions: for example, on the A22 "Brennero-Modena" motorway (also known as "Brennerautobahn" in my bilingual region), that there is here by me, the police use some 180 hp Audi A4 2.5 V6 TDI Avant quattro.

Them all are in a sky blue livery and, in my region, them have the police writings both in italian ("polizia") both in german ("polizei") language.

However, for what I know, the fastest police cars that there are now in Italy are the 218 hp Subaru Impreza AWD sedan Turbo, that have the detail of being in civilian look: them in fact are in normal available body colors, like silver, blue and black metallic and have no badges, writings or outside flashing lights at all (there are some on the A22 motorway too). Them are all fitted with the Provida, a fully integrated electronic vehicle-speed-limit-detection system: basically, its digital camera film and photograph you during your speed limit exceed action and, when the policemans stop you, they print a proofing detailed photo, with place, date and vehicle speed made clear.

Some italian people think that this is a law-limit-near government abuse.

When you are in the motorway driving too fast (in Italy, apart very few strokes, the motorway speed limit is 81 mph), they pursuit you stealthy in the passing lane and after a while them stop you and cut away 10 of 20 points to your driving license: due to the Provida proofing photo the thing is indefeasible even in front of a judge; however, some time ago, a jewelery trader who was transpotating very precious diamonds and similar things was pursuited by one of these civilian-like Impreza: he, thinking to be pursuited by thiefs, applied full throttle but he went stopped some kilometers later: the judge, in this particular case, gave him reason.

nofear.gif

Alberto.

P.S.: I'm not sure I can reply you daily, so excuse me for this (end four may bed englisch to).

P.S. II: what is ":thumbsup:"? what does it mean?

Thanks for your input Alberto. :thumbsup:

That :thumbsup: Means - Thanks - cheers, good, great, brilliant, I agree, nice.......It's basically an English way of showing support. :thumbsup:

Hi!

If you want to see the photo of ALL the italian police cars start from here: http://digilander.libero.it/autopolizia/page30.html .

Unfortunately the site is in italian: however http://www.freetranslation.com works well.

nofear.gif

Alberto.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links