Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Estima Owners Club Forum Open

Tatra 603T2

The UK Estima Forum is now open to everyone - it's our gift to you all !!

We know there are now several fora out there devoted to Estimas but this is the first one to offer full forum facilities free of commercial interests. Yes, no-one will get "booted off" for mentioning other groups or any commercial suppliers and we can categorically state that no-one will get "booted off" without a reason being given.

Forum members can include pictures in their posts.

There are already notice boards for cars and spares wanted and for sale (great with pictures!) and if you have a message which doesn't fit any of the existing notice boards, unsure.gif we can create one for you! thumbsup.gif

Where is it?

Right here:-

Mod Edit

"Advertising and Soliciting

We have very strict rules about advertising on our message-boards.

All unauthorised advertising or soliciting will be removed without explanation and without notice.

The TOC moderation team may at its absolute discretion, remove or edit any post, signature or profile that it interprets to be unauthorised advertising or soliciting, with or without notice or explanation. If you are unsure about whether your post will be allowed under these rules, please seek guidance from a moderator before you post."

- ENJOY!

Paul and the rest of the U.K.E.F. Team. group.gif

• 9 years later...

does anybody have any info on the dealer called algys autos in the bristol area as he seems to have many estimas for sale. i am looking for a replcement for my own . thanks for any help . paul

Not heard of them.

However see the following old topic from the Toyota Estima Owners Club - http://www.teoc.ws/community/topic/39303-algys-autos/?hl=%2Balgys+%2Bautos

You may wish to raise a question yourself on the above club, to see whether anyone has any more up-to-date information they can impart.

I live in Australia and have just bought (imported) an Estima 1999. The nav cam centre dash unit (CD,TV,Radio, 6" navigation screen) is all in Japanese. I would like to change this to an English version. Is this possible? :dontgetit:

Hello Ronald - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Other members have raised similar questions on a variety of cars. Think the consensus of opinion would be that the unit will need changing.

Thank you Frostyballs for replying to my post. I would like to change the unit. Does anyone know where I can purchase this unit?

Thank you Frostyballs, I may find my model there, Thank you for your help. Ron

• 10 months later...

Hi i need to locate some curtains please, any ideas toyota estima :ermm:

• 7 months later...

does anybody have any info on the dealer called algys autos in the bristol area as he seems to have many estimas for sale. i am looking for a replcement for my own . thanks for any help . paul

I have experience of him. I had a good vehicle (not the specification requested but has been trouble free for 10 years - that's got to be a bonus for anyone?)

If you deal with him ensure everything is in writing, ensure you know what you're talking about - or find out and don't let him fob you off with ANYTHING.

Set a price for everything before you finalise anything else.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm in New Zealand with a import 2006 estima aeras.

Looking at replacing the factory stereo but a lot of conflicting info. Where the amp is etc?

Any help on an wiring diagram or an English owners / workshop manual ...please.

Loads of wagons on the roads here so parts should be easy. Great set up and good specs on the vehicle too.

Looking forward to some sweet road trips with the wife and 3 boys:)

Big one for safety with the kids....please what is the rating on the luggage clips in the boot? I see in the floor there are two points for car seat tethers but wondering if I can use the two either side that appear to be luggage tie downs.

Many thanks.

Hi, I'm in New Zealand with a import 2006 estima aeras.

Looking at replacing the factory stereo but a lot of conflicting info. Where the amp is etc?

Any help on an wiring diagram or an English owners / workshop manual ...please.

Loads of wagons on the roads here so parts should be easy. Great set up and good specs on the vehicle too.

Looking forward to some sweet road trips with the wife and 3 boys:)

Big one for safety with the kids....please what is the rating on the luggage clips in the boot? I see in the floor there are two points for car seat tethers but wondering if I can use the two either side that appear to be luggage tie downs.

Many thanks.

Hi,

You're probably after chassis number ACR50. Here's a link the detailed specifications where you can locate component parts within the vehicle.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_J_200605_TOYOTA_ESTIMA_ACR50W-GFXQK.html

I don't have the other details you require.

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,

I love the look of this car and I'm thinking of buying one as an alternative to my current diesel car.

Two questions:

1) I drive to france a couple of times a year, about 600 miles each way. How does it hold up on long motorway drives?

2) I've noticed that the on board computer is in japanese, can it be changed to English ?

Thanks for replying and feel free to give any buying advice too, I cant wait to join the club !

Best. 

Sylvain.

Hi Sylvain, I've had my 2002 2.4 Estima for almost four years now and love it. There was a member on here a couple of months ago saying that they under steer but it's nearly two ton of car if there driven as such there is no problem. Estimas are a nice car to drive very comfortable on long journeys. As far as I'm aware you can't change the language settings most change the head unit. Some garages scanners can't read the codes so I bought a scanner to solve that problem. Like any car purchase have a good test drive look all over it, if you can check the transmission fluid when it's warm should be a nice clear pinky red colour not black.

Hi...as Tony says...excellent vehicle and I've had mine going on 4 years too....love it.

I doubt you could find a more comfortable vehicle particularly for longer journeys...they are a joy to drive.

I assume you'd be buying the 2.4.....make sure you do the MOT history checks.!!..and as Tony suggests, check the ATF for levels and condition.

Generally, they are known to be pretty trouble free and reliable...and parts are pretty easily available.

Just do all the things you'd do when buying any car.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies!

I'm sure they're super comfortable to be in on long drives but what I meant was are they economical?

Sorry I should have been clearer!

Thanks and have a good Christmas !

Sorry can't help with mpg info, I like the car so put petrol in it. I'm happy with how much fuel it uses which is not over excessive mines a 2.4 engine so is not going to be as cheap as a smaller car to run.

9 hours ago, Sylvain said:

Thanks for the replies!

I'm sure they're super comfortable to be in on long drives but what I meant was are they economical?

Sorry I should have been clearer!

Thanks and have a good Christmas !

Depends on your interpretation of economical.?..what would you expect.?..or want.?..when you consider the type of vehicle it is.?

Like Tony, I don't have to pay too much attention to mpg as I only do about 5k miles each year,,
I reckon my V6 gives me in excess of 30mpg in Summer...on a good long run..but drops to mid-low 20's on shorter Winter runs. (that's simply assessing fill-ups against mileage covered...nothing precise)

I don't see the 2.4 being that much different tbh.