Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can It Be Done?

flight22

is it posible to disable/turn off the seatbelt warning system. We realy hate it when the car screams at us to fasten the seat belts. 2005 corola.

I find, the best way to cure it is...

BUCKLE UP!

Seriously mate, its there for a reason and it stops you from forgettin! :thumbsup:

I find, the best way to cure it is...

BUCKLE UP!

Seriously mate, its there for a reason and it stops you from forgettin! :thumbsup:

I agree

Buckle up mate :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

if you really wanted to you could go to a breakers and buy the wee thingy that plugs in... wouldn't recommend it though... when the cops pull you over for speeding you will have your work cut out getting it out and the real one in while stopping the car :ffs: .......

just buckle up as previously stated.

i was never one for wearin seatbelts but the t-sport is a different annimal and at the end of the day it's not yourself you have to worry about but the other crazy !Removed!'s on the road

I might find a seat belt reminder annoying at times :ffs: . Like when I drive into a car park I tend to take my seat belt off or going backwards (some cars beep even then).

My car doesn't have a reminder (2003 T Sport). I'd rather not have it. If someones not going to wear it's their choice at the end of the day (in the back can be a different matter).

One way round would be to fasten the belt before you get in (ok thats not very safe I know but I'm just saying there are ways around somethings).

pb

P.S. I never driven further that a few hundred yards with out one on anyway.

Hi guys

The seat belt thing is there for a reason and more cars should have it and i'm speaking from experience!!!

The only thing that really gets on my nerves is the reverse beep now thats a "IRRITATION" :ffs: :censor:

If only, the daft reverse beeper only did it 3 or 4 beeps. Then it would make more sense. It even beeps when it not quite in gear properly.

No point in having park distance (2 beeps at the same time :ffs: ).

:wacko:

If you want to disconnect the beep here is how to do it, before I get a lecture I am just answering the question, I don't condone driving with out a belt but hey heres how

Cut the wires to the sensor in the belt clip and remove the bulb in the dash. The sensor is a closed circuit until a seat belt is applied, then it opens the curcuit to stop the beeping.

Mr expert then????? You cut many wires like that???

I'm allowed to give you a lecture seens I live with you........... Lets hope you always remember to buckle up then........unless you have forgotton about the accident that an old classmate of mine had............no seatbelts.......driver seriously hurt.....passenger dead!!!!!! People dont always not wear seatbelts cos they dont wanna wear them........some dont wear them cos they have forgot........the warning needs to stay however annoying.

Thats my point of view anyway,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links