Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1990 Previa

daves

Hi

Has anyone removed their catalitic converter and if so what were the results, how does it affect the two oxygen sensors fitted before and after the cat.

My Previa has 220,000 miles on the clock and gives 360 miles per tank full on motorway driving but about 21 miles per gallon on local driving.

The only problem I have is a whistling noise above 2000 rpm that I have not been able to trace, one suggestion is a leak in one of the vacum pipes. Has anyone come across this one and what was the cure ?

Regards

Dave

i havent removed the cat before, but have been told that you can defeat the seocnd o2 sensor if you can work out the correct resistor to put in its place. Basically, the second sensor just checks the cat is doing its job and give off a resistance back to the ECU, if you can measure that, then you can replace the sensor and run without the cat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links