Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Tune An Amp

breezer

generally it does matt

you have the total figure that is then split between the channels unless it says 'per channel'

ok dude this is what u need to do:

bridge the amp (for sum reson u guys missed the bit on the net that says: 1200w X 1 @ 4 Ohms (bridged mono)) and then hook up you subbies in series. that way the subbies will both go off at the exact same time. i have heard subbies not going at the same time and it was pretty f**ked.

and you shouldnt be too worries about the amps power output matching the subbs. i have run a 450W sub off a bridged 2 x 50w amp for a year back in the days. hahaha.

so once you have them hooked up do this:

-on the amp turn off loud or mega bass or any equivilant feature.

-set the low pass filter to 100hz.(might need to be a little bit higher depending on the music u listen too. play ur fav track and tune it so the bass is not getting cut off)

-if your head unit has the features built in to control the sub then set the amp roughly so it sounds right and then do the rest of the tuning from the drivers seat. cos thats where you will be hearing the music from anyways.

-if not then the only thing left to tune is the volume of the sub in relation to the other Speakers. you dont want it over powering the other Speakers. so if your hu hasnt got sub control then youll need an assistant that can change the amp setting as you inruct him.

and dont forget that over time (a few weeks dependind how much u listen and how loud) your Speakers will burn in and sound better. with new speakers dont pump them up too much right away, after like 30 min max of playing u should be able to pump it fully.

ok dude this is what u need to do:

bridge the amp (for sum reson u guys missed the bit on the net that says: 1200w X 1 @ 4 Ohms (bridged mono)) and then hook up you subbies in series.

the load ain't 4ohm then is it. if you do that your amps gonna be too friendly with you!

I have a diagram with my sub.

YES

===

Two 4-ohm subs, wired in stereo, will present a 4 ohm load to each channel of the amplifier. Most two channel amplifiers will work well in this configuration

NO

==

Two 4-ohm subs, wired in parallel to a brdiged two channel amplifier, will present a 2 ohm mono load to the amplifier. MOST TWO CHANNEL AMPLIFIERS DO NOT SUPPORT 2 OHM MONO OPERATION! AMPLIFIER DAMAGE COULD RESULT!

:yes:

then the sound from the left side goes to the left sub and the sound from the right side goes to the right sub. if they ain't enclosed in the same box this'll be fine!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links