Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'automatic' Mr2 Import? Please Help.........

higgy

Hiya there, my cousin is looking at a 1990 mr2 automatic, I wasnt sure if uk cars came in automatic or not? any help much appreciated, also are the performance figures similar to manual? cheers :P

there were a lot of auto's for sale in December on autotrader but I have to admit I didn't check to see if they were uk or jap at the time as I just saw the worrd automatic and skipped it. Now I look on there and they doo seem to be jap ones, but I am sure someone else must know if they were in the uk market too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you though.

Think the Auto's are only rev1 & FE engined .. both Jap and UK available.

Bibbs didnt mean that all fe engined mr2's are auto's

He meant All the auto's had the fe engine....make sense??

But you say your dads Rev 3 is an auto so who knows!! :rolleyes:

still not sure about import, performance wise am I write in saying that all autos were fittied with the 120hp fe engine and not the 158hp ge????

well i woulda said that before i guess, but like SCIS200's example they could be different. But then again that was a 1999 model, so i'm presuming the older yrs will be the FE's...

-Z

A bloke I know has a Rev5 with the 200bhp Beams varient 3SGE engine. It was UK supplied and is an Auto. And to contradict Bibbs, I also know of Rev2's with AT, but they are imports.

A bloke I know has a Rev5 with the 200bhp Beams varient 3SGE engine. It was UK supplied and is an Auto. And to contradict Bibbs, I also know of Rev2's with AT, but they are imports.

There is no such thing as a UK supplied BEAMS rev5, UK supplied as in it's been imported a while back and the dealer/garage selling it is UK based :D

The !Removed! got autos right the way from rev1 to rev5, they also got the 3S-FE engine all the way to rev5 also :(

So, I'd say any revision with any engine (not sure about the turbo though ;) ) JDM car can be an auto. But the only UK autos are 3S-FE engined ones (and they are rev1s only).

There is no such thing as a UK supplied BEAMS rev5, UK supplied as in it's been imported a while back and the dealer/garage selling it is UK based  :D

A little off topic here but...

Do you mean the cars actually classed as a UK model as far as insurance, DVLA etc. are concerned, or is it just the dealer saying it is?...

I've heard of this before for cars like the type R, like the fella's from a recent issue of Banzai...

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links