Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plugs

seveer unaek

Do after market spark plugs make any difference to anthing?? Iv heard of these irridium things or whatever they are, but was just wondering what difference, if any they'll have on a 1.3 Yaris??

Envy did mine with Iridium ones and I think it runs a bit smoother - better idleing etc ...

At the end of the day they'll need doing in a service at some point and they're not expensive so why not?

Clarky

My big brother has noticed more mid-range torque but maybe he just thinks he is???

Anyway, daft if you don't, can't see it being detremental! :thumbsup:

Might give it a go then... is it easy to change them or is a mechanics job?

sorry if I'm stating the obvious...but it's not been mentioned.. you have to ensure the gaps are correct...can't just buy spark plugs off the shelf and stick em in.

Dead easy to change though.

If you want to go a step further..get some HT leads with gold plated ocnnectiond.

Vipes

sorry if I'm stating the obvious...but it's not been mentioned.. you have to ensure the gaps are correct...can't just buy spark plugs off the shelf and stick em in.

Dead easy to change though.

If you want to go a step further..get some HT leads with gold plated ocnnectiond.

Vipes

Thought most spark plugs came with the right size gap from the factory these days

has never gapped a plug out of the box ever,if they look ok dont touch em , Iridium plugs give a better spark at higher temps fact .

ermmm so every single spark plug for any car has the same gap does it? don't think so. They don't come vacuum sealed..they come in a little carboard box which have been banging about in other carboard boxes.

and if you can tell what the gap is of a spark plug by looking at it..well... even 1mm can make huges differences to the burn. To big a gap, and it will misfire...too small a gap and they carbonize easily. Both make your car idle badly and both reduce performance.

Vipes

They come correctly gapped mostly, sometimes spark plug makers offer the same spark plug in different gap settings (like 0.8 and 1.1 mm gapped ones for the Yaris) to better suit different applications.

Iridium spark plugs can not be regapped due to the fragility of the center electrode anyway, so you can only go with the factory preset. Their main benefit is that you have longer service intervals.

Yves.