Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Bulbs

GT4 BOOSTER

Something really simple you can do is to make sure your headlamps are clean. In this winter weather, it only takes a 10 minute journey and the glass is coated in salt.

The headlight washers work well. I was quite impressed couldn't see a thing the other day, one short press and they were back to their normal (not brilliant) standard. :thumbsup:

Toyota must have improved them, as I find the gen 5 ones a thoroughly useless.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sotal

• GT4 BOOSTER

• daktari

• steve o

Something really simple you can do is to make sure your headlamps are clean. In this winter weather, it only takes a 10 minute journey and the glass is coated in salt.

The headlight washers work well. I was quite impressed couldn't see a thing the other day, one short press and they were back to their normal (not brilliant) standard. :thumbsup:

Toyota must have improved them, as I find the gen 5 ones a thoroughly useless.

I would say they were the best headlight washers I have ever used! You get a massive cloud of fine spray of water appear round both sides and it really effectively shifts everything off the headlights.

Just a shame the lights themselves are so poor :lol:

I used the headlight washers for the first time yesterday myself and was very impressed with how well they cleaned the lenses. As you say though, shame there's no light passing through them in the first place. I've taken to attaching my zippo lighter to the front of the bonet on these dark evenings just to see where I'm going. Far better than turning the lights on. Have to drive a little slower to ensure it doens't go out though.

I thought the decent zippo lighters were wind proof :lol:

I'll let you know how well these bulbs work. My fingers are crossed but to be honest I'm not expecting a great improvement!

Well the bulbs came today - Just put them in. They do look whiter and slightly brighter - Will wait until it's dark for the big test.

bulbs.jpg

The above picture doesn't really do them much justice! They look well made but are unbranded and come in a (sturdy and strong) clear case.

before_after.jpg

As you can see the after shots do look whiter and brighter. The wife wasn't over impressed though when I got her to watch! She took the photos - said she could hardly notice the difference.

I have a journey tonight to the inlaws so I'll let you know if they're any better on the road tomorrow.

Cheers :thumbsup:

thats the same box mine came in.

probably the same bulbs!

Not sure if I should give a positive feedback or not as the description says:

These 6500K HID blue tint bulbs offer excellent quality and value.

The 6500K emitted colour gives these bulbs a magnificent white light with a blue tint to give the same look as a true HID system.

Rated at 12V/55W these are a straight replacement for your standard bulbs. See the difference!

This is for a set of 2 bulbs.

Now they do look whiter but I can't see a blue tint coming from them like a true HID system! They just look white. Although having said that I'm not too bothered about them looking blue, I would prefer better performing ones - I suppose it is just the principal! :blink:

i think they are great , cos the celica is low on the road , the ones in my jeep are crap cos its high up. compared to my front fogs these bulbs are brighter than those even.

I got some lue ice from motorworld, they are 60w. and were £25, they are very clear.

I also noticed the fitment for the fullbeam bulbs is the same as the dipped beam bulbs, knowing me i got full beam bulbs, but they aint bright enough for full beam. but nice dipped.

dipped beams are HB4'S mains are hb3's , may be worth a try swapping mine . :huh:

humm, the description for that one says 100w acting like 145w, but the packaging in the picture says 80W

I've heard that you can melt your headlights by putting these in?

I've got to say I think that it is the design of the car that is at fault. I parked next to my wifes seat ibiza (with standard bulbs in the seat) my bulbs look loads brighter but yet on the road her's light up the road better.

oh well - I'll have to just keep concentrating hard!

the ones i have in my dipped are hb3, but they are not really bright enough for full beam, no one has flashed me yet, they are extremly clean clear light

try that then sotal put the hb3 in where the hb4 sit.i just ordered a set of those 100 watt hb3's £ 9-99 , will report back when they are fitted.

cool.

Yeah I'll try swapping them - the hb3's did look different though (might have just been they were grey and the hb4's were black)

Might be going to live in my car for a bit - The power has been off for ages in the house. I'm currently running my Laptop, Wireless Access Point, Gateway and Switch off a car inverter linked upto my car booster pack!!! Won't last long so I'll have to move to the car after it dies on the booster pack!!! :thumbsup:

my hb4's were brown

Yes looking at the spares so were mine! - The replacements were black :thumbsup:

I have had chance to have more of a play whilst driving in the dark, and I've got to say the eBay ones are actually a lot better.

When I used to try adjusting the height of the beam it appeared to make no difference - now when I lower the beams they do show up well on the road, so I now can see the kerbs so I'm pretty happy with them :D

Still got no electric in the house - it's !Removed! cold now and all the freezer food has defrosted :angry: it's been off for 14 hours and they *think* they should have it fixed in the next 4 hours :ffs:

I have wondered if mine just don't point in quite the right direction?

Sotal, I've just looked at your before and after headlight shots. My new toy has got the brighter white looking bulbs fitted yet the lights don't seem to project that far in front of the car.

I had to drive down a really nasty country lane in the dark yesterday, and what light that hit the road was fine. It's just very short range, making the drive a bit of a nightmare without the fullbeams going.

What I'm thinking is the lights are pointing down too much, and if they pointed up a little more it would help a lot.

So, does anyone know of a way (or if it's possible at all) to adjust the projection angle of the lights?

turn the knob in the car. The one to the left of the steering wheel about level with the stereo. It's one of those roller dials. That will move the headlights up and down. :thumbsup:

If I have mine right down I can see them at close range on the road. If I then move them up they appear to disappear :eek:

turn the knob in the car. The one to the left of the steering wheel about level with the stereo. It's one of those roller dials. That will move the headlights up and down. :thumbsup:

If I have mine right down I can see them at close range on the road. If I then move them up they appear to disappear :eek:

with regard to what sotal posted the booklet states that 0 and 1 are for one person driving and then after that its as a load is applied to the car and the weight gains also take into consideration tyre pressure and tyre/alloy wheel size for change of bulb direction

!Removed! hell that sounded like i knew what i was typing

with regard to what sotal posted the booklet states that 0 and 1 are for one person driving and then after that its as a load is applied to the car and the weight gains also take into consideration tyre pressure and tyre/alloy wheel size for change of bulb direction

bloody hell that sounded like i knew what i was typing

Yeah you get like that sometimes, think you know what your typing about and then poof you realise that you havent reallt got a clue.

Or maybe thats just MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :lol:

found some HKS powerbeam headlight bulbs (120w) i don't have them in my car at the moment but i am think of geting them soon altougth they are a bit pricey i have posted a link so that you can have a look at them.

it would be nice to hear from some one who allready has them just to know if they are as good as the sound

I'll let you know if they are any good when i get a set

Phttp://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item_detail.php?prodID=2509

:thumbsup: