Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Interior Bulbs

matt5cott

I cant seem to get into the interior light enclosure (where the rear view comes out from) theres no obvious access points, I just want to change the bulbs.

Ive tried giving it a pull and ive tried to gently prize the clear 'lense' bits but have had no joy.

As ive said im going gently so if I need to use more force let me know, also a guide would be handy, but I cant seem to find one (yes ive used the search buttton!) :help:

edit-> its a Mk2 btw.

I think the whole black plastic bit is clipped into the roof. Fairly sure I read somewhere that you gently pull it away at the front and it unhooks at the back. Worth a try but be gentle. I know the black part comes away with the clear lenses still in it.

put a flat bladed screwdriver in each side and prise it out. ?????

Will try both then I suppose! I did look for the online manual but cant find it :(

pull it towards you and towards the front, BE VERY GENTLE, they snap easily. that's what i've read anyway

that is, pull it towards the side you're sitting on, and towards the front window

No joy and its starting to wind me up, anyone else able to offer help?

Come over to ours at the w/e and I'll give her a go if you like. Spent my life breaking stuff, erm fixing things. If you want to, gi us a shout.

remember that bloke on the x files who could stretch himself out really thin and get into ungettable places,........

i got his number :D :thumbsup:

Ugh, I remember trying to remove that thing when I was installing a radar scanner in my MR2 a few years back - took me about an hour of gentle prizing, tugging, squeezing, and fiddling :eek:

I think the retaining lugs are on either side and towards the "rear" (ie. closest to you rather than closest to the windscreen). The problem is if you break off one of the lugs then it'll never fit properly again.

Once you've had it off once though, you get the hang of it and it's not quite so tricky the next time round.... nyuk nyuk <_<