Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Opinion On....

projectprelude

I make these points of my own back, to express my own opinions and disgust at the idiots on these forums who think that its OK, or even cool, to drive in a dangerous way in public areas.

sorry mate - that wasn't specifically address to you - it was to a more generic "you" - ie the people who drive like morons.

Just want to add something here! Does this apply to me Matthew someone who has never been convicted for speeding or dangerous driving ever! but then gets done on an empty motorway at 110 the first day i bought the car???? :huh:

you obviously think it does - why else would you post.

so - therefore you DO think that driving at 110 mph on a motorway is dangerous.

so the questions is - why did you do it?

The truthful reason is (sue me for saying this but) it was fun and I could do it. I just didn't think I would get caught. I still know I was breaking the limit but how many people can honestly say they have never broken a speed limit (and no one say not by 40mph). I'm sure there is someone who has done 50, 60 in a 30.

I have to agree with Blood that you don't buy a fast car not to drive it. It's like the boys saying they never speed but own turbos just cause they like the look of the car. Why buy a turbo when you can get an N/A for cheaper, less fuel consumption and less insurance?? :wacko:

Don't want to get up any bodys backs over this but i just can't accept people condoning others when they do it themselves.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• projectprelude

• BLOODUK

• Stu8

• Rookey

Top Posters In This Topic

Why buy a turbo when you can get an N/A for cheaper, less fuel consumption and less insurance?? :wacko:

Tha man has a point...

In that case why buy a sports car at all.

Diesel Astra For us all. Woo Hoo :crybaby:

Why buy a turbo when you can get an N/A for cheaper, less fuel consumption and less insurance?? :wacko:

Tha man has a point...

to re-iterate what Bibbs said..

Its not about the car, almost every car built today can exceed 100mph...

You buy a car like the MR2 Turbo to drive fast AT THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE..

Tha man has a point...

to re-iterate what Bibbs said..

Its not about the car, almost every car built today can exceed 100mph...

You buy a car like the MR2 Turbo to drive fast AT THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE..

Its a never ending debate, it will alwyas go on, much like marmite, either love it or hate it...there are always going to br pro's and con's!

I know for a fact Bibb's turbo has got him out of more trouble than it has got him in due to the fact he can accelerate out of dangers way on the motorway for example...But then there are an equal amount of "points" going for the lower spec sports cars. I had a 3S-FE and I was very happy, got me from a-b while in a car that looks the same as the turbo...yet it was as fast as a saxo and I got great mpg...etc.

Lots of pro's and con's and the people on this site will just continue to argue both sides in relation to what they believe. Fact it, everyone has different views on driving. There are always going to be good and bad drivers out on the road (which is a worry) but we can't do anything about it!

With regards to the donuting thing, different things please different people. If someone can afford or wants to spend money on rubber, as long as they aren't causing any danger to anyone, then I'm not bothered. Its not affecting me and not endangering anyone so what EXACTLY is wrong with it?

Sorry for ranting, just wanted to put MY OWN point across :)

This post is an opinion expressed solely by the individual that wrote it and the actions/opinions are not influenced by toyotaownerclub.com

With regards to the donuting thing, different things please different people. If someone can afford or wants to spend money on rubber, as long as they aren't causing any danger to anyone, then I'm not bothered. Its not affecting me and not endangering anyone so what EXACTLY is wrong with it?

nothing at all

I think doughnuts are pretty moronic and daft,, and in all honesty I think 9/10 people grow out of them. I'll admit I have done them in the past, (I got caught and charged) I look back and I think what a tosserish thing to do!!! (even though they were "safely" executed)...

I don't really think it really impresses anyone, and if it does they are not the sort of people I'd go out of my way to impress....

If anyone has seen the drift displays that involve doughnuts, set into a drift, then doughnutting around a cone (or pretty girly in this case) as staged by profesionals That is a different matter, its more like a circus act in a car, incredible control and precision, its an exhibition of car control, not burning rubber for the sake of it...

As with drift racing great fun, great skill, as opposed to mindless circles.

"but its one of the attractions with rear wheel drive cars i guess."

I can't actually remember who said this, but you are a moron :thumbsup:

As most of you will know I'm a great promoter of RWD, and ability to do doughnuts is not on my list of advantages!

As for the speeding racing thing, everything is relevent, there are times where you could exceed the limit and still be well withing the boundries of safety, and sensible driving, but thats the point, sensible driving, sensible as in not going flat out everywhere, and bragging about it!!

As for Nick, I can vouch that he does not drive like a total pleb :thumbsup:

As for wet grass.... as long as its not someone's lawn who can resist, just an ikkle step out.. just and ikkle ikkle flick of the tail... :!Removed!:

Exactly, you just proved my point dude...everyone has their own opinions. But if anyone can tell me, in a controlled or safe enviroment, what exactly is wrong with it? Im not for or against it, just think its a bit silly to say "your stupid" for doing it...its up to the person, if it doesn't affect or endanger anyone else, and the person wants to go through ther tires...what...someone please tell...is wrong with it, because I stand to be corrected on what I am saying, other than being "silly" or "a nob" etc, what is wrong with it...I am seriously open to suggestions. :P

Each to their own I say. I really don't want to get bogged down in this but I dont think anyone should be calling anyone else names.

Each to their own I say. I really don't want to get bogged down in this but I dont think anyone should be calling anyone else names.

Didnt i say this thread should be closed earlier? but nooo mods left it wide open :unsure:

Too right...:P Just what I've been trying to say - but a shorter version :D :lol:

Didnt i say this thread should be closed earlier? but nooo mods left it wide open :unsure:

I joined you on that matey :D But also...no one got slated properly and looking over it again, its not kicked off into a huge fight/slagging match etc...I suppose its a heated debate as opposed to a "fight"

Its a bit like cutting yourself for the adrenaline rush. People do it. I dont because it would hurt, leave scars, and be a bit of a strange thing to do. This doesnt stop other people from doing it though.

Doughnuts are a little like this but without the razorblades and blood loss.

Doughnuts are a little like this but without the razorblades and blood loss.

did i mention i self harm during the displaying of mr poo?

But things have sorted themselves out in the end so it's all good. No nasty feelings now :group-cuddles:

Didnt i say this thread should be closed earlier? but nooo mods left it wide open  :unsure:

Closed?? Why because it sparked a debate and encouraged people to express their varied opinions on driving behaviour? And because there was a bit of banter which i believe has offended all of nobody! And if its got some peoples backs up, thats merely because they feel strongly about it and isn't a bad thing, and proves it was a worthy topic in the first place. So if you dont like it, close it to yourself by not clicking the !Removed! title. If you love censorship so much go and live in North Korea.

Honestly! <_<

Didnt i say this thread should be closed earlier? but nooo mods left it wide open  :unsure:

Closed?? Why because it sparked a debate and encouraged people to express their varied opinions on driving behaviour? And because there was a bit of banter which i believe has offended all of nobody! And if its got some peoples backs up, thats merely because they feel strongly about it and isn't a bad thing, and proves it was a worthy topic in the first place. So if you dont like it, close it to yourself by not clicking the &#33;Removed&#33; title. If you love censorship so much go and live in North Korea.

Honestly! <_<

ooops sorry mr 34 posts i didnt mean to upset you :rolleyes: next time read why i said it and try to reply a little quicker not 5 posts later and on the next day bumping a thread just to cause a flame. <_<

ooops sorry mr 34 posts i didnt mean to upset you  :rolleyes: next time read why i said it and try to reply a little quicker not 5 posts later and on the next day bumping a thread just to cause a flame.  <_<

35 posts, but how many times has he recieved a warning :rolleyes:

ooops sorry mr 34 posts i didnt mean to upset you :rolleyes: next time read why i said it and try to reply a little quicker not 5 posts later and on the next day bumping a thread just to cause a flame. <_<

oops. sorry, couldnt reply any quicker, dont spend my whole life on here <_<

oops. sorry, couldnt reply any quicker, dont spend my whole life on here  <_<

Maybe not but try not to bump threads just to cause hastle nobody else did it

so why you?

:thumbsup:

Project prelude , a quick question... your car did sound amazing in that video

have you got a downpipe or upgraded exhaust?

oops. sorry, couldnt reply any quicker, dont spend my whole life on here   <_<

Maybe not but try not to bump threads just to cause hastle nobody else did it

so why you?

:thumbsup:

You'll find ive already added a few posts to this thread. Believe me, yours wasn't important enough to me, for me to reply to it just to cause hassle. Im sorry if it hassled you. Im afraid i don't agree that threads should be closed because a small minority want to spoil things for the rest of us. And this thread had demonstrated absolutely no cause to be closed. I still fail to see what you base that opinion on :thumbsup:

what a wonderful topic but i dont really think its goin anywhere, not a thing that can be settled.

im surprised about the arguing over this, always thought that people would like to see an mr2 driver showin off.