Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Opinion On....

projectprelude

A pair of rear tyres cost too much to wear them out doing stupid donuts.  They wear out quick enough just driving normally  :ffs:

:P mine dont . Ive had my rear Avon ZZ3's for about 10000 miles and theres still about 4mm on them :huh:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• projectprelude

• BLOODUK

• Stu8

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

A pair of rear tyres cost too much to wear them out doing stupid donuts.  They wear out quick enough just driving normally  :ffs:

:P mine dont . Ive had my rear Avon ZZ3's for about 10000 miles and theres still about 4mm on them :huh:

...I bet you don't do many donuts then.

...I bet you don't do many donuts then.

nope :P but it does get driven hard :arrgg-matey:

If its in a safe environment go for it. You'l have to replace the back tryres b4 you know it but its one of the attractions with rear wheel drive cars i guess.

Personally i prefer sliding the car around corners (on a track of course!), something which is very difficult to do with front wheel drive cars.

Moral of the story - buy a rear wheel drive car!!! :thumbsup:

If its in a safe environment go for it. You'l have to replace the back tryres b4 you know it but its one of the attractions with rear wheel drive cars i guess.

Personally i prefer sliding the car around corners (on a track of course!), something which is very difficult to do with front wheel drive cars.

Moral of the story - buy a rear wheel drive car!!!  :thumbsup:

I used to slide the back end of my race Mini 18 years ago! Didn't need the hand brake either :P Just hard into the bend, back off mid corner and let the rear catch you up.

...boys today... :lol:

I find anyone who does these things on public roads (inc carparks) a fool.

If you want to drift, do dounuts, burnouts, race people, drag start and generally rag your car .. there are places for that kind of behaviour. It's called a track.

Public roads are just that. Public, and should be treated as such.

I find anyone who does these things on public roads (inc carparks) a fool.

If you want to drift, do dounuts, burnouts, race people, drag start and generally rag your car .. there are places for that kind of behaviour. It's called a track.

:thumbsup: - Agreed.

"Mr2's are not meant for doing doughnuts

in car parks "

Theres only 2 cars i can think of customised to doughnuts thats a tvr that they take to shows and a strange MG thing.

"But doughnuts omg , fo-oking

fiesta's can do doughnuts."

No they cant

what's the point in this thread ??

You can do dounuts all you like. Simply don't go posting vids of it on TOC....

My point is ever since i posted the video some members seem to have a dig and take the *****. At the nd of the day you run your fourm how you want its not up to me, if i knew you had a rule about the videos i wouldnt have posted it sorry if i dissagree with my video being deleted thats my problem i dont have to post here. The point of the post is i wanted to know peoples opinions on displaying an mr2 not if it was right or wrong for me to have had my video deleted.

"I find anyone who does these things on public roads (inc carparks) a fool"

I agree to a point. But i see nothing wrong with it being in an empty car park with you and a couple of other cars.

Bibbs im not sure if you saw but when i organised the Christmas Cruise in reading i made it clear that we didnt want anyone doing burnout etc because the meet would get closed. And the 2 people who did decide to ***** about i spoke to and they stopped. My point is that i do think in a situation like that its wrong because it will spoil the meet but dont think theres a problem doing it in an empty car park with no one about to "follow the lead" i know its wrong and shouldnt be done though like you say theres places for that.

and if that was true none of us would speed.

mr2s are meant for SPEED ... Racing cars at the lights ,

no they're not.

<I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>

^^ this is damn annoying  :angry:

is it?

stop trying to get around the swearing filter then - its there for a reason :thumbsup:

no they're not.

What are they meant for then? sticking to the speed limit? , oh wait let me just buy a Sports car and not actually go very fast cause its not meant for that <_<

Bibbs im not sure if you saw but when i organised the Christmas Cruise in reading i made it clear that we didnt want anyone doing burnout etc because the meet would get closed. And the 2 people who did decide to ***** about i spoke to and they stopped. My point is that i do think in a situation like that its wrong because it will spoil the meet but dont think theres a problem doing it in an empty car park with no one about to "follow the lead" i know its wrong and shouldnt be done though like you say theres places for that.

Yeah man, it's just my opinion .. (hey - you did ask :P). I just think there are too many "civilians" on the road for me to drive as and how I'd want to .. I leave that for safe, regulated places ..

and if that was true none of us would speed.

And of course none of us do - cause it's illegal.

Just like murder, I may do it - I'm not going to put it on a public forum :yes::lol:

no they're not.

What are they meant for then? sticking to the speed limit? , oh wait let me just buy a Sports car and not actually go very fast cause its not meant for that <_<

away from traffic lights?

on a public road?

there is a difference between what an item is capable of - and what you are legally allowed to with it

this is getting way to hardcore for me now!

I presume toyota tell you what you can and cant say right? And of course they dont condone speeding???

But sureley they cant in reality think that none of there customers have ever sped? So how come you cant say it? i dont get it.

This forum muct be really restricted if they have such tunnel vision.

Blooduk has a valid point why buy an mr2 turbo if your not going to speed? its a sports car.

Yeah man, it's just my opinion

i know i respect that

i dont drive like amental either rookys been out with me ok we had a bit of rd rage but not my fault :ph34r:

no they're not.

all cars are meant to stick to the speed limit funilly enough

just cos its a fast car doesnt make it exempt

He didnt say it was ok to speed. I gather from his post hes saying why buy a fast car if you dont wanna give it a blast every so often?

to overtake slow moving tractors (scoobies) safley?

He didnt say it was ok to speed. I gather from his post hes saying why buy a fast car if you dont wanna give it a blast every so often?

to overtake slow moving tractors (scoobies) safley?

Exactly Well said that man :thumbsup:

I got my Turbo as I like the Mr2 and it's allows me to look good and do track days as and when I want ..

Its much more fun to go for 0 - 70 say in 6secs or less than it is for arguments sake

in 14 seconds its alot quicker more fun, but still legal!

IF i want to go fast ill blat it up santa pod with my old man :rolleyes:

I got my Turbo as I like the Mr2 and it's allows me to look good and do track days as and when I want ..

True, but i bet you twenty quid you also bought it for the odd quick accleration during normal driving :o

True, but i bet you twenty quid you also bought it for the odd quick accleration during normal driving  :o

I didn't buy it to break the law though ..

I also bought a petrol chainsaw to chop down trees, and not decimate the family next door ..

I think this thread will be getting closed soon ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links