Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris

Half_Pint

anyone have a yaris or vitz AUTOMATIC transmission with digital dashboard?? i need some help bcos i dont have an owner's manual.

there's a little red button in front of the gear stick....what does it do? also how do i reset the "trip A" and "trip B" digits (milage).

any help much appreciated.

thanks

is yours a jap import? coz my old mans soarer has a little red button. it releases the gears if they get stuck. thats all.

and all you do to change the trip milage is hold the button. hope that helps

ye its a jap... gears get stuck??? erm...ok...let's hope that doesnt happen then

thanks 4 d help

the red button, isnt if the gears get stuck.

its for Garage/workshop use, its so the car can be moved in gear

it releases the mechanical interlock within the gearbox

when you select either a or b hold down the button and it will reset the trip

cheers guys...one more thing...what does the 3rd button on the dashboard do?? its got like a pic of a speedometer or something .

i think you mean this button - backlight brightness*/mph/kph

*only with the lights on

meaning if i press it it will switch from mph to kph ?

does anyone know if and where i can get an owner's manual online from? in pdf format or sumthin

cheers

no meaning if you press it...it dims/brightens the centre console. turn the sidelights

on first...

no..I'm an idiot...that button changes the speedo between kph and mph.... the display dims when the sidelights are turned on so it's less distracting...turn lights off...it resumes normal brightness.

I've had a good search for an on-line owners manual to no-avail. but i'm sure if you have any other questions about the Yaris, post em here and you'll get a reply.

Do you know the rear seat slides back and forth?

don't be scared to play around. you won't break anything..

I must admit a manual would help. Mine's got a Yaris Verso one with it. Useless..

no no u wer actually right, it does change the brightness when the lights are on only though. when lights are off it resumes its brightest automatically.

i heard that the rear seats slide forward but i coulnt find out from where!? i mean maybe it doesnt work on the jap models (the vitz i mean).

if it does please tell me from where as it would be quite handy hehe.

however i DIDNT manage to switch from mph to kph.... do i need to press it in combination with another button or sumthin?

I need to check the wife's car..she has the digi dash I've got the T-sport model.

You may even change the MPH/KPH using the trip computer controls. I can't remember

to be honest...but the trip computer does ring a bell.. Will let you know in about 6 hours, unless someone else gets in there first!

Rear Seat slides back and forth (if it's avaliable on your model),by using the Bar located under the rear seats ...accesible from the inside. Just lift the bar..and the seats will slide back and forth.

The Bar behind the rear seats accessed from inside the boot, actually tips the entire seat assembly forward( only works if the seats are all the way forward), in the event you need lots of lugage space.

Vipes

it only changes from MPH/KPH is you have a digital speedo. When the lights are off it should change with one press

well i do have a digital speedo...the brightness works cos i tried it....but switching from mph to kph aint workin.....do i have to press a combination of buttons maybe? i tried keeping it pressed but still no effect. :(

oh and rear seat is fixed.... doesnt slide....just folds

your rear seats dont slide? hope your not planning to put a sub or something in the boot. its tiny without sliding. i had to move it all the way forward to get my stereo in.

ye actually i'm gettin a 10" rockford sub in there....gonna take more or less half my boot volume... i'm gettin the install done this weekend....i'll be postin up some pics soon

thats ok then, i was saying if you were to put more in there. itd be a bugger.

Just in case this is where you are going wrong - when you press the button the speed reading should change from MPH to KPH BUT the Odo and trips will still read in miles no matter what you do. Also when you switch to KPH the trip computer still gives Average and current MPG readings and Average MPH - confusingly temperature always displays in C not F - In other words only the actual speed read out changes. Why Toy didn't make every display change to Continental information if the driver makes the switch I don't know.

ye thats all well and good cos i DONT have an odo or whatever its called (the temperature readings etc...)

it is just the speed which i wanted to change...it doesnt change though....dunno y.

Oh Ok then - you sure you don't have temperature and fuel computer readings ? They display from the radio LCD not the digi dash.

yep...100%...all i got on the cd display is track number etc...no time or temp readings

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links