Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intrument Panel

Intro2

Ha, ho guys and girls,

just a question, for some reason ever since i have had my Gen 6 GT the speedo doesn't light up correctly at night, the revs and fuel etc are cool, it is a jap import but i have seen a 150MPH cluster for sale, now mine only goes from 0-120 if i replace it with this cluster (in MPH) will it work without any other changes? just before anyone asks, i have had the cluster out and replaced all the bulbs behind and still no help, i think maybe when the dial was changed from KMH to MPH caused a problem maybe offset from illumination.

Any ideas?

dials can be bought here for £14 , www.eliteinternational.co.uk

if the car is limited to 112 mph it wont make any difference .have you got the big bulbs in where they are meant to go , some in mine i think were 4 watts

thanks for reply,

the is not limited to 112, does more (obviously not on the roads :) ) as regards the bulbs i basically took them out one at a time and replaced them one at a time, the clock dial has been replaced for a 120MPH dial it just seems that the markings are not lined up correctly letting the light throug, the other dials light up fine its just the speedo, it kinda lights but very dim and not even light, but if the 150MPH cluster will work (out of a USA model i believe but picture shows in MPH) might be the best plan. Have found out a little more, apparently the car is a JDM modded import, need to do a bit more investigating unless anyone else has any info, its a JDM 120MPH speedo?!?

i'm a tad confused, are you after changing the dial card or the full instrument cluster?

could be the last keeper put the new dials over the top of the old ones ???

If i was gonna replace i would replace the whole cluster, speedo, rev etc haven't checked if original dial face is still there, will have a look thanks, but still interested in the 150MPH cluster!, Speedhut would have a solution if no other as they said if i take a digi picture of the face they can fabricate the dial for me and i can replace the whole lot with a glow dial (looks nicer too)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links