Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning 1.0 Yaris

jrampton

but, its worth mentioning a 205 tyre will likely cost more than a 165 version - so infact, that backs up my statement ;)

(just being pedantic though)

155x13 kumho = £22 - £25.... 175/65x14 kumho = £30... 205/40x17 kumho = £59 (prices correct at time of going to press lol)

The wider the tyre you have the more rubber is in contact with the road.. which WILL give you more grip than a narrower tyre of the same make.

To get even more grip/performance change the make of tyre to summit like Toyo Proxes T1-s (205/40x17 = £70 - £75) obviously more expensive but the difference in performance can be quite considerable... each and every car is different (even 2 cars of the same make and model).. so what might be good on one car might not be good on another.Also.. just because you buy a more expensive tyre it doesn't mean to say that it will last longer... too many different factors come into how long a tyre will last ( road surface... driving style etc). so if a garage says this brand will last longer than that brand then they are talking :censor: no-one can possible telll how long or how good they will be on any individual car.

I have just changed from 195/50x15 Toyo's to 205/40x17 Kumho's... so far the Kumho's are doing as well as the smaller Toyo far as grip goes.

Gonna shut up now or this is gonna go on and on and on and on and on.........

all im going to say is, of course a lower profile tyre will perform better..

and the discussion about tyres had nothing to do with how long they last..

when i did my HNC for fun we learnt how to find out weather or not a cirtain car would slide or roll & how fast it could go arount a corner, tis one very difficult equation i'll try to find it out, you have to allow for a list of variables about the length of winstons ****. damn cool really, also for motorbikes with the degree of leaning etc. :D

i dont see much sence at all spending any money on any 1 litre car for added performance , and putting wider wheels and tyres on may even slow it down.i mean you dont see sprinters running in wellies for added grip now do you. :lol:

for show yeah for performance no ..so do what ya want we all have different views on it ..but if ya want people looking do it thaa way but dont expect performance

for show yeah for performance no ..so do what ya want we all have different views on it ..but if ya want people looking do it thaa way but dont expect performance

i agree alot of power does not take away for the fun factor, i love my yaris to bits, its serious craic on back roads and does not look to bad either, right i have another car which is a company car, its 210bhp 17", lowered and a body kit but and to be honest for pure smile on ye face fun i`d drive the yaris