Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passed My Test :)

DazzaP

Passed my driving test there yesterday (thursday) to my surprise! Had a healthy amount of minors :P had to use emergency stop on a ****** pulling out in his Baleno. Insured and been driving around in the Yaris all day, nice little car but mine is pulling badly to the left.

Anyway congrats to me :D

Very well done to you :thumbsup:

NOW, enjoy the Yaris, and get posting on TOC with all your questions, comments, advice, stories etc etc......... :thumbsup:

Congratulations.. my mrs also passed her test recently too so do we she does.. drive to the shop drive to the town drive drive drive but please drive carefully and look after your wee Yaris... have fun n enjoy :)

Yeah first time, which surprised me the most. I was lucky and got one of the female examiners, which are more lenient around these parts. Just enjoying the freedom at the minute and resisting the urge to speed. I'm actually surprised at how nervous i am out alone and tend to just sit at a nice speed and watch the world go by :)

Anyway cheers and i will post up with any problems :thumbsup:

P.S Is there reports of any gearbox problems with 1st gen Yaris'? Especially going into 2nd gear from first? Noticed it twice tonight but thought maybe its just my lazy clutch work :P

Hi DazzaP

Well done. Now be careful on the roads now wont you ;) About the gearbox thats quite common on the yaris. I find if you change gear more slowly from 1st to second it's a lot better. But nothing to worry about as you will find thats quite a common complaint on here ;)

jerry!!

well done mate be good be carful ther etoo many ppl losin gthere license on here at mo so watch ur self and send everything away fro ur license otherewise u could pull a rookey

I was lucky and got one of the female examiners, which are more lenient around these parts.

Same here - 3 male examiners failed me, on the fourth test it was a female examiner - and I passed that time round! :D :D :D

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Might scrounge enough cash together to get a CD player and some decent Speakers, as the standard Toyota ones are awful and its annoying listening to radio1 as they play terrible music :P

Jobhunting im must go!

gears jus be easy on it the yaris prefers you to be soft on it, u can stil change fast but real soft like a laydee!

Top effort fella! Great feeling passing a test first time!

1st gear doesn't like to be engaged above 10/15mph really, (when slowing obviously) so unless you're in traffic, just stop in 2nd, then shift to 1st, you'll get the hang of it eventually!

Also, make sure your left foot is welded to the floor when changing gear as the clutch NEEDS to be fully in unlike some other cars that let you get away with half a press!

True true! Washed the car today and gave it a thorough T-cut, so many black dots all over it, either tar or cow !Removed! but it takes some effort to shift. Anyway heres a pic.

yariscleaned2rj.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links