Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some one copied the way my car looks

mrrandom

The look of my yaris has beens tolen! IM :censor: RIPPIN, JUST OUT FROM TOWN, SOME :censor: IS RUNNIN AROUND CLAIMIN I COPIED HIS YARIS. HE OBUGHT HIS A MONTH AGO AND DONE IT UP!!! TELLIN EVERY1 I STOLE THE IDEA OF HIM WHEN I DONE IT 8 MONTHS AGO. HIS IS IDENTICAL!!!! (but in gold :blink: )

You think thats bad, I had a mate who has a corsa said he wanted the kingdom kit but had to wait 2 weeks for cash.THE SAME DAY my other mate says "i like the sound of that" (he also has a corsa) so goes and orders it, he didnt even like it!! Just copyin not being original :thumbsup:

yeah well...i Don't even know this guy, and my town has a very small community of modified cars! now im rippin, and because my car is off the road ppl r prob. guna beleve it :-(

Barry,

Old English saying.......Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Take it as a compliment..........You know you lead the way :thumbsup:

Barry,

Old English saying.......Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Take it as a compliment..........You know you lead the way :thumbsup:

Thats exactly what I was going to say!

If you have a nice car, people are bound to copy - theres no point getting angry about it - what you gonna do - go round and beat him up because he has the same kit as you? Didnt think so!

Just accept it that he admires your work and wanted similar!

As Red_Yaris_54 says, it is the sincerest form of flattery, so take it that way! :thumbsup:

At least it's a different colour though......

I heard of a guy in London who was driving a heavily modded Sierra years ago. One day he was out walking and he passed a house with an identical car on the drive. Looking at it, it was a carbon copy......EVEN THE NUMBER PLATES. He went home and checked that his car was still in the garage then called the police. Any speeding/parking offences would have come straight to him.

just a minute..

I thought you were driving around in a Clio now?

and as has been inferred, woop-de-do... if you buy off the shelf parts, then its no great surprise if someone else buys the same kit for the same car...

and on a another note - a title of 'car theft' would suggest someone stole your car - I think its a little strong for the subject matter that this thread is actually about..

and on a another note - a title of 'car theft' would suggest someone stole your car - I think its a little strong for the subject matter that this thread is actually about..

Good point - when I saw the thread I thought he'd had his car nicked!

Good job its been changed - wouldnt want to confuse people! :D

ok, fair enough. but why change the title to being something like what it is now???? hardly fair is it??? the title "car theft" was put there to grab ppl's attention and obvioulsy it did whenever ur askin about it??? and in my books, my car HAS been stolen, the look of it that is. and it turns out my car is fixable and is going to be fixed, and don't like the fact that some tube is runnin around tellin every1 i stole the idea from him! so change the title back Ian! Cause i sincerely thought the title topic was up to me??? now ur tellin me I can't decide what title my topics are??? i seriously think mine was more appropriate than "now im crying like a little tart"

why thank u for changing the topic name from "now im crying like a little tart" to "now im crying like a little baby" that helps so much

the title "car theft" was put there to grab ppl's attention

And it did.

No offence Barry, but theres a big difference between your cars looks being "stolen" and your car being stolen..... you implied your CAR had been stolen - just to get people to look....

Ok, so to put you are crying like a baby is a bit harsh, but the fact of the matter is, you were seeking attention by saying something that wasnt exactly true so people would read all about it...... thats like me starting a thread saying "I'm dying" and then talking about my horrific cold.

So just take it as that the other guy admires your work and move on! :rolleyes:

Barry, i didnt change the title (but I know who did :D ) and as far as im cocerned, GET OVER YOURSELF, what right do you have to complain, i mean, I dont remember you having a particularly heavily modded car, so him doing the same isnt exactly going to be hard is it...

I've never really convicted you before barry but... you're being a little soft over this one.

Attention seeking.

No offence dude but a silver Yaris is hardly unique, which bit are they coping?

I think you are copying me by putting T-Sport alloys on and side skirts!! :lol:

Yours:

new1.JPG

new2.JPG

Mine:

yts111.jpg

:P

So we conclude that this guy copied barry, who in turn has copied TVOR *snigger* :lol:

And as Barry likes to put it, end of discussion lol :P

Which would also mean that.....

the guy copied Barry and Barry copied TVOR and everyone else who owns a silver T-Sport in the whole country..... :D

I just realised - that means everyone who bought a Carlo Blue T-Spirit after me, copied me - but the people before - I must have copied them! :o

Aren't I a demonic little angel :D :D

Flippin eck, I have just been in town and every bugger had black tyres the gets! I have black tyres on mine.

Dont anybody dare put a sticker saying expires 31.03.05 in there windscreen as that would just be blatant copying, and I would consider calling the cops for date rippin

right, im not givin out mostly that the guy copied the car, well...he kinda did, has even got the same stickers on it as I do! same place, same position etc.

but what im annoyed about is him telling every1 that I am trying to copy him!

another thing i'm annoyed about is the title of this topic being repeatidly changed! a complaint has been made to Steve and whoever keeps deleting my other posts (topics) please sease from doing it.

And by the way, them pictures are old pictures of my car, its very different now, ones in my garage are out of date too

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links