Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Topics?

T V O R

Barry’s topic about people copying his car has been locked :ffs:

The ‘I have no insurance’ topic has been deleted :ffs:

Why when a subject gets interesting either in a funny way or an emotive way, the mods seem it necessary to lock or delete?

Surely the point of a forum is to discuss subjects. I understand you have to moderate posts but I haven’t read anything offensive, liable or anything I wouldn’t want to contribute too.

This is a good place to get things off your chest and have a say on subjects you wouldn’t really come across in an average day.

I think the over moderating is a bit petty, sure edit or delete anything rude or offensive but let us give off steam and have a say :thumbsup:

*Awaits deletion...

I didn't close those threads down - but I can understand why they were, as I actually considered doing it myself - I find myself less and less amused with barryfloods posting, which is coming closer and closer to trolling.

I also enjoy a good discussion or debate - but there was no discussion or debate in either of those threads.

I have been down this road many a time fella....

The problem is, in reality, in public these days, there is no true freedom of speech. The world has gone PC.

In this case I think its just that this is intended to be a friendly forum, and mods/admin don't want potential newbies seeing it and thinking "that Toyota lot seem a bit rough".

That said, all who know me know I am the first to speak my mind :thumbsup:

Sometimes I'm even helpfull!!! :o

I have been down this road many a time fella....

The problem is, in reality, in public these days, there is no true freedom of speech. The world has gone PC.

In this case I think its just that this is intended to be a  friendly forum, and mods/admin don't want potential newbies seeing it and thinking "that Toyota lot seem a bit rough".

That said, all who know me know I am the first to speak my mind  :thumbsup:

Sometimes I'm even helpfull!!!  :o

Fair enough!

Shame really, I like a good 'discussion'

:crybaby:

I like a good discussion too, but when a thread just keeps going over and over the same ground with ever increasing harshness or hostility it's not productive to keep it live. If everything has been said then there's no need to keep posting.

There seems to be quite a few people who all insist on having the last word though, which drags things out to the point of deletion.

that's my view anyway

Rich

Most of us like a good discussion!!!! There is nothing more annoying then a good thread being shut down... which as far as I have seen has not happened in a quite a while here!!!!

That insurance thread was no good...

If you need somewhere to vent and rant and abuse... go here (I do frequently lol)

Some people do need telling though :!Removed!: :bye:

arguing3so.jpg

i'll get this topic locked now, but it does put my point across well, why bother slatin each other when its never gonna be settled, i like this site the way it is, gives off a more friendly image!

I find myself less and less amused with barryfloods posting, which is coming closer and closer to trolling.

I havn't read many of his posts... but what i have... they're a load of bo**ocks!

Oh, and if anybody wants to have a rant, or talk crap in an unmoderated place......

GO GOLD!!!!

£25 and you can say and do as you wish... in the right area!! Plus you get discounts and nice stickers and you support your club!!

You know you want to!!

:thumbsup:

Funny thing is tho, Barry has got what he wanted and had the insurance post removed. He thought he was right therefore no one elses opinions mattered. He wanted the discussion over, now it is. :yes:

Same with the other post as well.

There has to be a line between keeping the peace and giving in to what people like that want *shrugs*

I do see what you mean TVOR - but there was no discussion on the "Someone stole my cars looks" thread - it was basically the world vs Barry's world.... Barrys world being a quite self-centered and attention-seeking one.... (no offence Barry, but thats how you portrayed yourself yesterday....)

As for the insurance one - that hit a bit too close to home for me and I started to get really racked off with it (for more personal reasons than anything or anyone) so I just decided to let it be and I was glad it had gotten deleted this morning.

I'm all up for a bit of friendly debate and I like to hear peoples opinions, but theres a big difference between a friendly discussion and hostility - people started to get angry with the Insurance thread - me included.

Still like Seveer says - if we wanna rant - we can do it in Gold! :thumbsup:

In regards to the insurance thread, it did turn out to be a slate the poster thread and in one instance I remember personal comments were made against the poster which is against the T&C's of the club...

I know its not difficult to slate someone for such a blatant mistake but T&C's are there for a reason...

Personally I think there needs to be some consistency in deleting/locking and indeed, banning members for personal attacks.

Seems to me like there's one set of rules for the in-crowd, and another for the outcasts.

Its must be a hard one to call though, for the mods, as you must find yourself having opions that you just cant post, as you have to be a neutral...that must really be hard sometimes?

bizzare the troll reference, if my memory serves me right, it was once thought tha TVOR was an old member in disguise, way back, umm november 03 time if I remember..or was that someone else if my mind is getting a little slow, he turned out to be a decent guy?

Seems to me like there's one set of rules for the in-crowd, and another for the outcasts.

Is there?

damn it - I'm an admin - you guys need to let me know who is in the in crowd, and who is an outcast - I musta missed a memo or something :blink:

We have pretty clear forum terms and conditions - they are pinned to the top of every forum.

We also have a pretty clear set of guidelines for moderating - to try and ensure consistency.

However, we cannot guarantee that a mod will read every single post before a member does - so some stuff may appear to slip through.

If you see a post which breaks the T&C's - just hit the "Report" button and the mod team will get a pm / email notifying them of the post - that way we can get on the case as quick as possible :thumbsup:

bizzare the troll reference, if my memory serves me right, it was once thought tha TVOR was an old member in disguise, way back, umm november 03 time if I remember..

What?

Who?

Why?

When?

Am I someone else? You been talking about behind my back lol?

:eek:

So is there a brand of chocolate called "topics"????

Yes...

102.jpg

I like nuts :thumbsup: but I just think there are tooooooooooooo many nuts in a Topic :rolleyes:

Yes...

102.jpg

I like nuts :thumbsup: but I just think there are tooooooooooooo many nuts in a Topic :rolleyes:

I agree, its just too nutty, I dont like them - I mean Snickers have nuts, but not so many and then they have the nice caramel too - Topics have no caramel and taste yucky! :D

What has a Hazel nut in every bite? (Apart from squirrel !Removed!)

Topic, or was that another chocy bar?

Wow!!!!

I have never seen those!!!!!

Do they still make them???? I wanna try one!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links