Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beaten By A Fiesta!

dawolf

Last night on my way to work a new shape fiesta was flying up behind so I put my foot right down but it went past me and I couldn't seem to catch it up. It was even taking the bends quicker than me (although I was wary of ice). I was rather baffled until I pulled up behind at the next set of lights when I saw an ST Badge on the rear. Could this be the fiesta ST150 that has been talked about recently? I didn't think they were being sold yet! :o

is the st150 the turbo`d version?, if they are even making a turbo`s version?

please excuse my ignorance, im not exactly clued up on fords. :wacko:

Stu8 Apparently Cossie have fettled the Focus, running 230bhp and its N/A !!

Not sure if its on sale though, or if it ever will be, but if it is/or does then we better get tuning our 2's fast :bookworm:

Stu8 Apparently Cossie have fettled the Focus, running 230bhp and its N/A !!

Not sure if its on sale though, or if it ever will be, but if it is/or does then we better get tuning our 2's fast  :bookworm:

No I mean a "proper" Cossie :thumbsup:

I kept up with a 1992 BMW M3 1992 tonight , silly me i had it in fifth gear i shouldve changed to fourth... but he turned off , and he felt the true power of the mr2 acceleration couldnt get away from me :thumbsup:

zetec tuning is now the wayforward over cosworth YB tuning imo

i freind of mine has a zetec turbo mk3 fiesta running around 600bhp (last dyno was 550bhp) :) i have seen it go 178mph on bruntingthorpe high speed track !

The ST fiesta is not turbo'd!

However there is a guy in Scotland who has built his own RS fiesta that cost him £30,000 :o and has 300/350bhp i believe.

Currently not on the road though, because it's Headgasket is shot...

Yeah the ST150 is a N/A engine with 150bhp. Think mine has about 165bhp but I'm guessing the fiesta is significantly lighter in weight and easier to handle in winter conditions being FWD.

The fiesta ST is a 2L 150hp job. And it has vvti (zetec), so it will have a better power band than a non vvti 3s-ge engine. Ford could have put the 2L 170 hp engine (from the focus ST170) in the Fiesta. :eek: Presumably it didn't for marketing reasons, who would want a Focus ST170 when they could have the same power in a Fiesta (OK, someone who wanted the extra space). And they couldn't really call it the 'ST150' either. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same engine with different ECU maps, and then chipping would get it up to 170 bhp.

hmm good one.

How heavy is the Fiesta?

Engine wise:

Well the ST150 has a bigger lump for starters and as its an n/a so it wont suffer from lag.

I think a 1.5 lump with a turbo wouldn't have much trouble compete'ing with the same torque figure as the st150.

I wouldn't put on any money on it.

But I hope the Car in Front is a Toyota :thumbsup:

ST150 vs Kimi's TTE supercharged Yaris?

The Yaris anyday, 190Nm of torque on Kimi's! :D

thats the only problem witht the mr2, if something quick like a 182 clio or similar hot hatch turns up at the lights beside you folk watching would expect your fast looking mr2 to smoke it!

thats the only problem witht the mr2,  if something quick like a 182 clio or similar hot hatch turns up at the lights beside you folk watching would expect your fast looking mr2 to smoke it!

I'd smoke em :D very easily :D

thats the only problem witht the mr2,  if something quick like a 182 clio or similar hot hatch turns up at the lights beside you folk watching would expect your fast looking mr2 to smoke it!

exactly. sometimes its bad having an n/a mr2 because they look so crazy and then a shi clio burns u off :( NOT good. turbo time i rekon :lol:

thats the only problem witht the mr2,   if something quick like a 182 clio or similar hot hatch turns up at the lights beside you folk watching would expect your fast looking mr2 to smoke it!

exactly. sometimes its bad having an n/a mr2 because they look so crazy and then a shi clio burns u off :( NOT good. turbo time i rekon :lol:

even better, get a turbo and put a n/a lid on it, uk rear bumper, GTI-16 Badge and absolutely no VTA BOV! :D

Guy in a probably stock 200sx had a go the other day off the lights, he gave up before i'd hit 60.. :D probably thought his car must be Fu*ked.

The N/A MR2 is a quick car in it's own right but it struggles against some of these modern hot hatches, there are 2 main reasons: 1) most hatches are very light in weight and 2) FWD cars can be pushed more on the twisties. I talk from experience, my old 106 GTI was a very quick car which was easy to chuck about, the MR2 in comparison takes time to master, several times I've chickened out of races coz it felt like the back end was stepping out.

i agree, but if the road conditions are good then a good driver will leave nearly everything on the road standing! just a shame to have to back down cos of the weather to twerps who go round tellin their mates that they beat an mr2.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links