Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prado Tv/gps Nav

Johno

Does anyone have any information or ideas how I may be able to get the TV system on a 1996 Prado to work in PAL areas? The Vehicle is a Japanese import and it has an integrated Audio/TV and GPS Navigation system with a built in display, but since Japan is an NTSC area it will not work in Europe.

Also, does anyone know of any companies that can supply the CD's for the Navigation system?

Thanks.

Johno

Please let me know how you get on with the conversion , I need to do the same but have not got the funds yet .

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and still trying to get the Navigation to work. I have repeatedly been told, including Toyota dealers in UK that its not possible to use it here. Any information would be most welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've heard doesn't look like that sat/nav system will be able to work with PAL. Got the same problem. I'd like to know what inputs/outputs ... audio/video are there at the back of the unit ... got some ides but don't know what's at the back .. if anyone know .. please let me know ... thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i also have the same problom my japanese tv screen has a button on it saying navi but when i prees it some japanese comes up, so i am confused.i am really :censor: annoyed.

please :help::help::help:

jalal

I have pardo 1996 my system is same have 18 mhz expander fitted for radio but can not get cd to work,

sound only comes out of rear right speaker as cursor does not work. any ony have any thoughts even if it is only how to get unit out so it will fit in the BIN........? :ffs:

• 1 year later...

:thumbsup: I have it on very good authority ( Next Door Neighbour Japanese Man) that all Jap imports the come in to Europe have the SAT Nav/ Tv unit taken out on the Docks in Japan as there is a Big Second hand market for them. so any vehicles that make it over here with them in it are usually fit for the bin, as they are not worth taken out in Japan, thats why 99% of them don't play CD's,

Also if you ring Toyota Ireland/ Toyota UK customer service department they will actually send you a free Manual for your car/4x4. even for Imports.

• 1 year later...

:thumbsup: I have it on very good authority ( Next Door Neighbour Japanese Man) that all Jap imports the come in to Europe have the SAT Nav/ Tv unit taken out on the Docks in Japan as there is a Big Second hand market for them. so any vehicles that make it over here with them in it are usually fit for the bin, as they are not worth taken out in Japan, thats why 99% of them don't play CD's,

Also if you ring Toyota Ireland/ Toyota UK customer service department they will actually send you a free Manual for your car/4x4. even for Imports.

Hi All

I have been working on this for a while and have collected lots of info. Please email me @ crg@mercury.co.zm or colingale@hotmail.com so we can share info and find some kind soul to host this data. It is possible to convert to PAL but it is a lot of work. Best way is to use the Video in option and use a external PAL source (DVD player , PC or video) and convert that signal into NTSC (option I chose) and bingo.

Colin Gale

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys

Did anyone get to the bottom of this.

I just acquired an imoported 1996 Prado and i'd like to use the stereo.

Thanks