Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Skymera

Chappers

I'm sure he could have got a decent skyline for the money he's invested..

I don't get this thing where people recieve praise for doing something 'totally different' and 'original' or 'unique' ...

It may be totally different but it's certainly not nice!

Anyway, strokes and folks.

I have to agree with Dawesy, i like modding my car, and it took alots of effort and times not to mention the funds to do, why? cos i enjoy it, after all u wont see many IS like my about, and it won me 3 trophies, what more can i say, i would think this guy with the Skymera are the same, want to be different and also enjoying what he do...let just say this is a kind of hobby for me to enjoy, so there no need to slate people off just cos they want to be different....

i agree with you maz, true moders enjoy what they do to their cars because they know its unique. this guy may have spent more than skyline money but at least no one else can just go out and buy a car like his. some set trends others follow like sheep.

i know that if some one wants a car just like mine they'll have to pay out for it to the tune of over £20,000. so yes my car is unique, and yes im proud of it.

how many yaris have you seen with the same lexus lights? if theyre are a lot of ppl with the same mods they dont get noticed. i like the fact that when i drive the rolla it turns heads, its a good feeling and im sure this guy is the same

Hi

I like it

The Skytegra is better - it is a Honda Integra with skyline body and the engine is still B18 but with around 600bhp

windowline and fender flares give it away. one big question though-why mock such a powerful car when you have NOTHING to back it up???

windowline and fender flares give it away.  one big question though-why mock such a powerful car when you have NOTHING to back it up???

but he does, dont knock them! its still a 2.0 turbo! fair enough its not on par with a skyline but who can afford the petrol?

i reckon hes done a brilliant job of modding his car, fair enough i dont think he should have tried to make it look like a skyline but it still looks awesome!

and i know he owns a chinese shop so i'll have house special fried rice and curry sauce if your readin this, on the house of course? :D

totally agree with Dawsey on this one, I have more of an insight into this project and the car then most of you here and the comments slating this car are ridiculous and unfair to the car and the owner. I know the owner's brother and have had first hand experience of the car and the SR20DE engine.

The SR20DE is a very capable engine and one of the best in the nissan range, comes in at 150bhp as standard and with the turbo conversion is pushing around 250bhp and is a very capable car even with the install in and bodywork completed it was a quick and very driveable car.

The bodywork was done with using contacts in the trade with sponsorship and didn't cost as much as you think. Modifying cars today is very difficult to be unique and make them into 1 off's without spending a lot of £££££'s but in this case the owner used his contacts which made it a lot cheaper, as a modified car it's done very well. Whether the styling was based on the skyline or not, similiar amounts of money are spent on aftermarket bodystyling on most modified cars with similiar modifications done to body and chasis.

Before he sold it the install was award winning and very impressive, I have images of this somewhere, I'll upload them later. He has removed most of it to put into his next car to keep some of it back!

Full credit for him for attempting the whole project and also another note he hand crafted almost all of the turbo piping, fitted it himself and mapped it.

Most people fall into either being enthusiastic about tuning or styling or even both and this car does both very well. In reference to why not just buy a Skyline, you tell me the difference with putting in a more powerful engine from the toyota range, bodystyling is no different. Yes sure you could go and buy a skyline for both and looks power with the money. You could also buy a more powerful toyota as well. It's all determined about how passionate you are about the car you own and how far you wish to take this.

My last Micra was powered by the SR20DE running 170bhp weighing in at under 750kg and would blow away most on here and that was done as track based performance car but still at the same time road legal. Shame the new owner got pushed off the road by another driver down a country road and flipped it and wrote it off!

Kev

• 3 months later...

Firstly, i want to apologise for digging up an old thread, but thats what happens when bordom sets in.

I just wanted to thanks all of you for the honest comments. Which ever way the car is accepted, its all good. It does attract a lot of attention be it positive or negative, but its foolish to think that everyone has the same taste and that everyone would like the car, the most important thing is what has already been mentioned, its been recognised as a one off unique project, and the effort involved noted.

I just wanted to clear up a few things too. Firstly, the car was owned for 5 years, from 2000, and the work was gradually done over this time period. During that time, it has seen other modifications, cosmetis and performance, up till JAE 2003 where the Skymera was released looking the way it does now.

Skymera - yes, cheesey - more than likely, but it certainly easy to remember and for people to recognise. The name did what it was supposed to do and that was to relate uniquely to the car. Front end SKY-line, back end pri-MERA.

Concerning the bodywork, Kev above is partially correct, the bodywork was infact fully paid for without sponsorship. Sponsorship didnt occur until after this was all done, when companies finally took notice and wanted some advertising done on the car. From when it came out of the bodyshop, it then got free tints allround, 18" alloys at Trade price, tyres free from Toyo, free nitrous remote bottle opener, performance mods at cost price from the US, plus other misc discounts here and there. Everything had to be paid for.

Ultimately, the car has now been sold, and is currently off the road as far as im aware. The sale price of £8000 was certainly a big loss on the amount of money spent, but at the end of the day, you cant reap back everything when it comes to modifying cars. The enjoyment of doing it, the knowledge and gratification from doing it is priceless.

Thanks all.

Think it looks alrite personally, and respect to the person who's built it.

I won't touch the car, but I know where the guy is coming from when people ask "Why?" I'm in the middle of a motorbike project, which has seen modified bodywork, custom paint job, and is about to have a bigger engine dropped in.

Sure, it's simpler at the end of that day to buy the bigger bike/ car, but when it's been this much fun/ turmoil to build my own special bike, why follow everyone else?

Everybody has different views on different things, the world would be such a boring place if people didnt, I think it looks good, you can tell he's put lots of care, time & money into it, but if I didnt I'd say so. Thats what's good about living in a free country, every1 can say what they think.

When you modify a car you're open to people not liking it because you do it to your taste so as long as the owner likes it, who cares if some1 takes the mickey a bit? If some1 wants to have a go at my car they can because I know its just their opinion, which every1 is entitled to, and as long as I'm happy with it I dont care who doesnt like it. Those that like it like it, those that dont dont matter.

Seen it before ... it looks better in the flesh ... the pictures dont do it any favours to the amount of work that has gone into it

Im not keen but i can respect the amount of work that he has done ;)

and why shoudnt people get credit for being different ..that comment was ridiculous! :blink:

It'd be a messed up world if everybody was the same! i know id be very bored! <_<

the Skymera is a "Marmite" car, you either love or you Slate (hate) it :lol:

I'd give anything to have the knowledge, skills & Balls to do something like that.

If I did I'd have a Celolla or Levolla (Sounds medical)

or like Knowlson a Corolevinolla - Corolla with levin bits inside.

For the money his spent on it he might of been able to afford a GTR granted not a R34 but still atleast it's still the real deal. :rolleyes:

nice, has it got a skyline engine?

Of course not.

That would defeat his purpose......which is to be a complete knob apparently.

It's great to see RICE has infected the whole planet now, not just Japan and the west coast of the United States. :(

I knew once I saw pics of "cruise nights" in Scotland with 1000 different econo boxes fitted with Lexus lights, it was all over.

This depressing and pathetic trend can't end soon enough.

Yes maybe you don't like it but name calling is a little immature don't you think? ;)

I know people will slate my car and to be honest I don't give a f :censor: k what they think, I work &#33;Removed&#33; hard to make my money, what I do with it is my choice <_<

And before anyone does start slating mine it's in the bodyshop till tomorrow so wait till I have new pics up, it'll give you something new to !Removed! about :!Removed!:

Scionic - you're an idiot.

Think what you want, but the builder of that car has put **** loads of effort into building that car, and to individualise from everyone elses.

I could say I think your car looks like it came from a Matchbox collection set, but ya don't see me bitchin now do ya.....

Yes maybe you don't like it but name calling is a little immature don't you think? ;)

I know people will slate my car and to be honest I don't give a f :censor: k what they think, I work &#33;Removed&#33; hard to make my money, what I do with it is my choice <_<

And before anyone does start slating mine it's in the bodyshop till tomorrow so wait till I have new pics up, it'll give you something new to !Removed! about :!Removed!:

Yeah, I agree, it's your car, your effort and your money and you're free to do whatever you want with it. Everybody's free to their own opinion but calling some1 names just because you dont like the way they kit their car up is absolutely pathetic.

Arent you trying to sell it, Daz? Why are you putting it in the bodyshop, to help it sell or have you changed your mind? Anyway, post some pics (or a link to some pics) when you get some

Actually Kev just getting a couple of things sorted on it ready for JAE, ironically geting rid of the alloy wing cos it's common :thumbsup:

Got some more suspension mods (Whiteline to name drop :rolleyes: ) on the way and I've decided I've spent too much money to sell so may aswell go the whole hog with it :rolleyes:

Scionic - you're an idiot.

Gnome - you know better than that - we treat each other better than that around here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links