Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farenheit 9/11 On Ch4 Now

Fizz

Not interested in this at all I have to say..........

erm.. shall i copy and paste your spiel on MSN.. :lol:

I couldnt watch it, not after seeing Michael Moore on Team America..... I couldnt take the guy seriously now if I tried..... :D

I hear its very interesting..... but I prefer a good romantic comedy, preferably starring either Tom Hanks, Adam Sandler or Julia Roberts :D

I really enjoyed it..id heard a bit of bad stuff about it.but I thought it was much better put together than I expected it too....the scene where the mum whos lost her son in iraq is talking to that (i think iragi) woman in wasington and that woman comes over and starts having a go at her..just shows how norrow minded some americans are...

its a very good documentry (i saw it on the cinema), but you do need to bear in mind that Michael Moore has his own political adgenda..

That said, the fact is, a lot of the things he talks about are true, and whats worse, a lot of Americans believe they were justified in attacking Iraq..

'that woman'

'yeah the military is great i love it! i cant afford to send my kids to college but in the army theyll do really well as theyll be educated and serve the country and learn disciplin, yeah fantastic nowt better'

'oh my gawd, then sent my son to iraq and now hes dead, i hate the government i really do, sob sob'

:wacko:

you send your kids to the military! they get killed and its the countrys fault!

hypocrite! im sorry that may be nasty (and people dont deserve to die in such means)

i thought it was pants! waste of telly time and glad i didnt have to go see it in the cinema! fell asleep before the end!

as if nobody already knows about the US's ties with Saudi! been in conflict for years!

you send your kids to the military! they get killed and its the countrys fault!

hypocrite! im sorry that may be nasty (and people dont deserve to die in such means)

Thats a hard one to call though - I mean my bro is in the army (of his own free will might I add!) and hes been to Iraq and come back and is now in Germany....

I mean say, for example, my bro was killed on duty whilst in Iraq - yeah it's his job to fight for his country and he knew the risks when he signed on....

But personally, I'd have some anger towards our government if that happened, for sending our guys and gals over there in the first place!

Thats just me though! :P

its a very good documentry (i saw it on the cinema), but you do need to bear in mind that Michael Moore has his own political adgenda..

That said, the fact is, a lot of the things he talks about are true, and whats worse, a lot of Americans believe they were justified in attacking Iraq..

at the end of the day if it wasn't true i dont think he'd get away with it.

america was justified. they were a threat. now there not.

at the end of the day if it wasn't true i dont think he'd get away with it.

america was justified. they were a threat. now there not.

they were a threat to who exactly??? dont get me started.. :!Removed!: :lol:

While I may be a fairly liberal person who tends to vote left, my opinion of Michael Moore is that he a lying, disgusting, and ugly sack of flab who cares more about his own agenda than than what he 'uncovers'.

He belongs in the same pile as Rush Limbaugh. Fat, stupid cogs in the political machine, with no real purpose or goals other than towing the party line and making money.

I fell asleep 30 minutes into the film :angry:

I was quite p'd off coz I was enjoying it... Now I'll have to rent it to finish watching.

Michael Moor is one of the few intelligent americans. I know a large number of americans and all are very cool people and relatively intelligent in general life/work etc... but when it comes to what they believe in and how gullible they are... :rolleyes:

You can say that about any country on the planet.

And yours is near the top of the list. *Anybody* who thinks they know what goes on in the world around them has another thing coming.

gosh, this thread is just like echodrivers.com.... :rolleyes: It's not often we have threads that split political opinions like this.

A

dont even start me off about the arrange and ignorance of most americans...a very good frend of mine is in the USAF based at mildenhall..hes just gone to irag for 3 months..were he can be expected to be put up in a 5 start hotel whilst hes there on triple pay for just being there..and acccording to him war is hell..even though hes no where near any kind of action!! unbelivable!!

But whatever people say about micheal moores political agendas..at least he had the balls to make a film about the real people that profited from 9/11 if bush had read that security dossier he was given in aug 2001 would 9/11 have even happended? we'll never know now.but that he failed to even read a document about a serious terriost threat....well theres no way on gods earth hed have my vote ever again!

i think 9/11 was staged by a secret upper echelon of military planners in the US gov't to change world opinion in Favor of the American political machine, to bolster the american war machine and justify the expansion of american military occupation.

but of course thats just my opinion..............and im in the Military :ph34r:

i think 9/11 was staged by a secret upper echelon of military planners in the US gov't to change world opinion in Favor of the American political machine, to bolster the american war machine and justify the expansion of american military occupation.

i would like to say that i agree with you as i aint the US 'government's biggest fan.. quite the opposite infact but if they were to have staged 9/11 then dont you think they would have had come up with somethign in Iraq?

It's clear Michael Moore has it in for Bush, from the moment Bush tells him to 'get real work'.

If nothing else, it points out the incredible greed and money driven mentality of those currently in power.

I think the most astonishing thing is that Bush was re-elected when this film was released a year before that...

Incidentally, Bush is just a figure head for that right-wing movement - the people behind the thinking are the same guys who were in power when George Bush Senior was around.

These guys were nick named the 'crazies' ... can't think why....

dont even start me off about the arrange and ignorance of most americans...a very good frend of mine is in the USAF based at mildenhall..hes just gone to irag for 3 months..were he can be expected to be put up in a 5 start hotel whilst hes there on triple pay for just being there..and acccording to him war is hell..even though hes no where near any kind of action!! unbelivable!!

But whatever people say about micheal moores political agendas..at least he had the balls to make a film about the real people that profited from 9/11 if bush had read that security dossier he was given in aug 2001 would 9/11 have even happended? we'll never know now.but that he failed to even read a document about a serious terriost threat....well theres no way on gods earth hed have my vote ever again!

You're making quite a claim based on one person. 'Most' Americans. Lol. Everyone outside the U.S is a **** armchair foreign policy expert I guess. People in your country seem good at making ridiculously broad and innacurate claims (see, I can make broad sweeping claims too!)

Here, have a tinfoil hat. It'll keep the mind-control rays away.

Don't get me wrong. I hate Bush. I hate the War. I hate the terrorists. I hate the fact that the right is not only getting more radical than they've been in decades and decades, but succeeding in their bid for power. I hate that 51% of my countrymen actually believe what they have to say. I hate that Ohio was "delivered to Bush by any means necessary". I hate that my option against Bush was Kerry. I hate how much money is being sent overseas when there are things within the borders that could desperately use it. Lets just say the Republican party has gone from basically neutral to radical and I can't stand it.

But typical ethnocentric and generalized BS like is getting spouted here gets to me.