Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2003

pavlitos

My mother is after a new car and has decided on a short list of cars that she fancies trying out, with the Avensis on the top of her list. As a sensible and well-advised (by me!) person, she has spent a day trying out all these cars so that she can compare them one after the other, so she doesn't forget what they were like.

She tried a Passat, an A4, a Mercedes C Class and a BMW 320i - she called the Passat and the Audi normal looking and poor value for money, the Mercedes beautiful but poor value for money, and the BMW a great drive but too common on the roads.

The Avensis (for her) was the best looking, the most well-equipped and best value for money. It comes down to personal preference of course, but these are comments coming from someone who has always wanted a Mercedes and finally changes her mind in favour of the Avensis.

Now that she has made her decision, I want to be able to advise her (from those who've tried it) which model is the better one to buy.

Hope you can help - I personally think the new Avensis is heading in the right direction, and is going to be very competitive against the boring Vectra, Passat, A4 clones.

As an Owner of a T-Spirit (albeit Corolla), I would say the T-Spirit range offer good value for money versus equipment levels.

When I looked through the Avensis brochure I saw the equipment levels were very nice indeed.

depends on what features you want and how much dosh you are prepared to spend and/or can afford really... all the models are excellent quality.

take a looks at the grades on www.toyota.co.uk to see what model has to offer. There's also a showroom at www.toyota-europe.com where you can see 3D models and other cool stuff.

the only performance option you have is the choice of either a 1.8 VVT-1 or 2.0 VVT-1 engine. When i test drove the 1.8 i thought that considering the car's size that a 2.0 would be more my thing. The 1.8 also has lighter steering than the 2.0 so i'm told.

When looking at the specs of the Avensis you'll see that it is very good indeed. You can actually buy the lowest range (T2) and still get many things that are extras on other makes (like CD player, steeringwheel remote control, 8 Speakers, 9 air bags etc).

So really depends on how much goodies you want and how much you are prepared to pay for it.

Pontus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links