Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corrola T Sport Common Issues

MJG

Have joined this forum to pick some brains so I hope you don't mind answering a few questions:-

Considering a T Sport as my next vehicle (Currently have a 02 (52 reg.) LR Discovery and am very happy with it but really don't need such a big 4x4 since we sold and didn't replace our caravan at the end of last year)

I am looking for something a bit nippy but not an out and out boy racing car (I'm 46 in April!!)

I really like the T Sport, to me it has a bit of a look and feel of the old Audi A3 about it.

The Corrola build quality looks superb and it has all the bells and whistles I think I would need.

I've done some searching on this forum and unearthed what appear to be two main issues with this car

1 - rattles, how bad is this issue??? it seams a shame that a co. with the reputation for quality has a car on it's books with this problem.

2 - dodgy clutch, how common is this (a few of you seem to have this problem) has anybody ever got to the botom of what the problem is.

Additionally I am probaly not going to want to get a brand new one so does any body know when the new front bumber and lights were fitted from and has the T Sport always had VSC fitted or is this a new addition to the spec list.

One used one I saw today had the old lights/front bumper and was a five door, I see the new one is only available as a three door, when did they stop doing the five door.??

Hope some of you can chip in with some help on the above,

Many thanks in advance............................... :)

Additionally I am probaly not going to want to get a brand new one so does any body know when the new front bumber and lights were fitted from and has the T Sport always had VSC fitted or is this a new addition to the spec li

the facelift model is build from 08/2004 and all (facelift and pre-facelift) models got VSC.

One used one I saw today had the old lights/front bumper and was a five door, I see the new one is only available as a three door, when did they stop doing the five door.??

with the facelift model there won't be a 5-door version anymore

Hi

On the rattle front it varies from car to car. But if you buying second hand you will get to drive the actual one you are considering getting. So you will soon know if it rattles badly or not. Just make sure you drive it down some corse & rough roads.

I've had no clutch or gearbox issues on mine so far at 17,000 miles. But if you slip the clutch too much (like holding on a hill or traffic lights) I can smell the clutch burning a bit. In my case it's not as bad as it might sound.

pb

:wacko:

MJG

I collected my T sport on Friday, and i am in similar position to you in that I have been driving a diesel cherokee for the last 2 years. Howeve there is a slight difference between it and the T sport.For a start the rolla will happily tootle along in 6th at 30 mph, but when the rev counter hits 6200rpm the boy racer is still in there :D(and I'm 48) go for it, its a wolf in sheeps clothing:rolleyes:

Gaz.

ps Beware it may be additive I have already driven 500 miles since Friday !!!

No rattles at all in mine. It's very easy to take the dashboard apart so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fix if mine started doing this.

Mine has the burning clutch problem, I think the CTS just doesn't like to be hurried or left standing on a slipping clutch. I've changed the way I drive it now so I hardly ever get this.

Hi

I have a slight rattle on my 2004 Tsport but nothing to worry about.

As for the clutch prob, I havnt had any probs at all with this. But then I dont hold car on clutch at all.

You will enjoy it especially when you hit 6200, the power surge is superb. My wife always looks across as the power comes in to see the very huge grin its certainly addictive.

Well after five years of Discovery ownership (4 years with a 300 tdi and 1 year with a td5) my relationship with Land Rovers comes to an end......

Jan took a lot of persuading to give up the LR habit but ever since last October when we sold our caravan our future as Discovery owners has hung in the balance. Just after we sold our caravan I flirted with Mini CooperS ownership but couldn't cut the right deal.

Tonight however I cut a good deal on a 6 months old Toyota Corolla T-Sport .

Build quality and the fit and finish is just great.

This is not bourne out of any dissatisfaction with the Land Rover product, I have loved both my Discoveries and have found them to be generally very reliable, solid and great when you want to get there when the going gets tough. If my t-sport is as reliable I will be very very happy.

However since selling our caravan I just can't square the circle of owning a large 4X4, Jan loved the Toyota after the test drive tonight so the deal has been done.

I remain a Land Rover 'enthusiast' (although not an owner) which I believe entitles me to dip in and out of (and even contribute) to both this and the Land Rover forum, so I will continue to do so as appropriate, I hope nobody minds.

Regards,

Mine also maybe the red CTS is finished to a higher standard :)

Think you're right there, exon16m :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links