Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Vs Intrega

Mitz

I don't know but I don't think it would, Honda's are ofter faster than there book speeds!

I used to work for Honda, and both cars standard I would very much doubt that the Corolla would be able to better the 0-60 time of the Integra Type R. But this no way means it is the better car. The ride is just way to hard, fantastic for tack days, but as an everyday car it could become very tiresome I would think. I would not cop my Corolla T for one lets put it that way.

Nick

:P

HI,

The two cars are in entirely different leagues. The 0-60 on an Integra is nearly two secs faster. Whilst I'm a toyota loyalist, if I had a T-sport and somene offered me an integra, I'd have to go with the integra.

As for the ride being too hard, I wouldn't care the cars almost on the floor standard and makes for great handling, so whats the problem?

Stats: T-sport 1.8 = 0-60mph 8.4secs

Integra type R 0-60mph 6.7 secs

I seem to remember the Integra Type R had loads of lightweight stuff in it like thinner windscreen, titanium, and less soundproofing. You're not going to get that as standard in your T-Sport.

Also quite a bit different to the current Civic Type R although probably closer to the old (J-spec) model

intregra?

How many ways can you spell Integra? :blink:

Intrega / Intergra. Any others? :D

eh?. Maybe we could just keep to the topic

A little out of the topic.

Yesterday I made a test drive with corola TS and

Leon Cupra R (210hp). The feeling in the leon is that you

drive a much much...... faster car. The accelaration is unbelievable.

Its like an aeroplane. :) It has a huge torgue 275 Nm from 2100-5000 rpm.

And the 0-100 km/h is quite good too 7.4 sec. Its a bit pricey though. :angry:

You say that would take a Integra Type R over the Corolla T Sport this to me sounds very interesting but it your choice so fair enough. I personally have a different view on this. I worked for Honda for 2 Years from 2000 to 2002 and in my time I had the opportunity to drive every Type R Model available. Firstly both cars are totally different pieces of machinery, which does not help in trying to draw comparisons. The Honda weighs in at 1100kg apposed to the Corolla at 1655kg, which means that the Toyota is carrying 555kg more weight. Clime aboard the Integra and straight away you will understand were the weight has gone, this car bears more resemblance to a Touring car than a everyday road car, drive over a stone and you will hear it been thrown up in side the wheel arch. The steering feed back is fantastic and it goes round corners sometimes faster than even the most confident of drivers is peppered to do so. I personally think the weight is the key to the Integra huge success, as correctly previously pointed out in an earlier post the even the front windscreen was made thinner to save just that little more weight. Also with torsion struts standard under the bonnet and in the far end of the rear boot the ride is very stiff. Second to maybe a Louts Elise or a Caterham 7 it is the ultimate track day tool.

But as for swapping my Corolla T Sport for one no thanks. Soon to be lowered 30mm with a TTE suspension kit, 18inch TTE alloys and HKS induction kit. This will provide me with comfortable every day transport that will also be able to raise a few eyebrows at track days. In the short time I have owned my Corolla I think its is fair to say that I have been very impressed with its performance, its easily keeps up with Hondas latest Type-R offering (The Civic) and once lowered with the wheels it should also handle as well to.

Nick

;)

Nic: Very nice review, this topic is like comparing apples to oranges. one thing though, the TS does not weights 1655kg, it weights 1260kg. As a matter of fact, I weighted my car with my racing scales and it came bone stock with an empty tank to: 1230kg=2706lbs. Mine is 5 doors.

C 4 C

Sorry Buddy!

Doubled checked this information and the Corolla T-Sport gross vehicle is 1655kg. Even the Yaris T-Sport is heaver than 1317kg :D

Nic: Very nice review, this topic is like comparing apples to oranges. one thing though, the TS does not weights 1655kg, it weights 1260kg. As a matter of fact, I weighted my car with my racing scales and it came bone stock with an empty tank to: 1230kg=2706lbs. Mine is 5 doors.

Yep, I posted correct info on 3 door model somewhere as well... ppl dont realize that weight posted on the vehicle ID info is maximum weight - under full load, etc, etc... I think "official" weight for 3 door is 1230... it is not exactly light, but it aint bad either, considering how much equipment there is plus all the extra safety stuff that wasnt there 7-8 years ago...

Also, I posted a rather long post previously in this thread about Corolla TS performance (8.4 sec myth), but i think i actually hit report this post button so its lost now ;-).

anyway, Top Gear tested Corolla TS and Civic Type R head to head... 0-60 in Corolla was recoreded at 7.3 seconds, while Type R did it in 7.8 seconds - in slightly wet conditions, so Corolla TS 0-60 should be faster than 7.3 in dry conditions... in any case, it is a lot faster than official toyota figures...

stock, it cant compare with Type R, but lower it, put larger/wider tires and it should do really well at the track as well...plus all agree, it sounds wonderful...

also, you have to adjust your driving habit to 2zz-ge in order to drive it as fast as possible... i was driving it today on a small country road, and dear jesus it is just frantic at lift, i dont think i would be able to drive it if it had much more power ;-)

Sounds like you guys know a little more about the figures than me. I was just reading some stats. Anyway quite an interesting post this one.... :D

I managed to blag a test drive in the integra R when I was working down in Wales, it is an awesome drive, great acceleration, handling and stunning brakes (saved my skin when I thought I was going to shoot up someones *****, ooeerrrrr)....

Comparing to the Corolla seems very odd as they are different types of car.

Although I felt the Integra was stunning I would not have it as a daily drive as it is not practical at all, you'ld have to make sure you got the air con version or the engine would turn the cabin into an oven and a load of other bits and bob's....

As a track car or occasional drive great but would not have it as a daily drive....

I also have driven Interga... Integra :) Compared to our TS is a race car, but when I switch off my sport-drive mode I love to drive Corolla travelling with my girlfriend and my dog. With Integra is difficult to talk at cruising speed because of the engine and the suspensions noise.

The italian magazine AUTO tested both Integra and Corolla (I posted all the dates in 0-60 topic), they say 7,15sec for TS and 6,5 for Honda (6,6sec for Civic TR).

Bye...

Davide.

I'd rather be that full 0.5 seconds slower but have the extra luxuries....

And be able to hold a conversation...

C 4 C

Sorry Buddy!

Doubled checked this information and the Corolla T-Sport gross vehicle is 1655kg. Even the Yaris T-Sport is heaver than 1317kg  :D

And winner figure are: :D

Corolla T Sport 1285-1295kg

Yaris T Sport 3-door 1025kg, 5-door 1045kg

- Xtreme

I think we can all just say that the integra is a very different car to the t-sport. so why not change the topics to comparing the corrola to the civic

Hi Guys,

I didn't know much about the Integra, until reading this post, and I would agree with those that have said it's an odd pair to try and compare, but as its been done, I would say that the post has been an interesting read, with some very good comments posted. So it would seem that they may not be the ideal pair to put agaist each other, but a good post has been the result of it, I'm sure much more will be said, and I for one will countinue to read it,

cheers

guys

I would say the ITR is a real drivers car. If your not bothered about A/C, traction control (Bit of self control on the accelerator and this aint needed), sound deadening etc then this has got to be one of the best FWD cars out there for the price.

Just like Honda dont put many toys in the CTR, more money was spent on the chassis & engine so they are perfect from the factory rather than having to 'mod' these areas later on, ie front & rear strut braces as standard. Even so the CTR is quite heavy at 1204kg.

So what is the actual weight of the Corolla?

I certainly hope its not 1655kg cos the bhp/tonne of that would be very poor.

I remember that Top Gear test between the Corolla/CTR/172, i have the video on the computer :P Even in the damp i remember the CTR still finishing quicker, and the CTR is at its worst at the slightest hint of a wet road :unsure:

In the dry though the CTR with a decent driver will hit 0-60 around 6.5 all day long, and that takes 3rd as well which is pretty impressive. 30-70 is even more impressive though :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links