Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If Not The Mr2, Then What ?

Jimlad

What should I buy instead ???  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy instead ???

• RX-7
    • MKIII Supra
    • Celica GT4
    • Scooby
    • None ... keep the ruddy mr2 !
    • Other (please specify)

Other.

Got to try something else if you're leaving the MR2.

Baddest Skyline of the lot. R32 GTR VSpec II.

You won't get a VSpec for your money, but hunt around and you can pick up a '91 GTR.

You're obviously not a man worried about owning an older car... and quite rightfully too. They'll go on forever if looked after.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BLOODUK

• KiwiMR2

• Jimlad

• Jesus

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike my mr2, stupid prevous owners  <_<

You have had your share of bad luck mate. :(

Unlike my mr2, stupid prevous owners  <_<

You have had your share of bad luck mate. :(

I know, and whats worse none of the more experienced mr2 turbo users

dont live near me to help :crybaby:

I'm with Jesus on this one.

If you're going to leave the MR2, then go for the Skyline. As Kev mentioned, you can pick up a really decent R32 GT-R for that money.

I can't think of any car that looks more brutal mate. :thumbsup:

gtr32.jpg

I wouldn't say scooby,

The RX-7, nice car, looks great, very expensive - and if you get one, just make sure its had the rotors replaced recently - save a big expense

The Supra, well that depends on you

Skylines, far too big and heavy, and running costs are just silly..

I guess the thing is Jim, when and what do you use your car for? non of your suggestions are practical.. so me, i'd say buy a TVR Chimera - you'll have a permament grin plastered across your face..

go the American Muscle Car route, A Corvette Stingray! theres a few on autotrader for around your price range, or a even just the normal Corvette, American Classics!! V8 POWER!

If you're going to leave the MR2, then go for the Skyline.  As Kev mentioned, you can pick up a really decent R32 GT-R for that money.

I can't think of any car that looks more brutal mate.  :thumbsup:

gtr32.jpg

Could see myself in this :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can see you like the RX7 :drool:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4524814093&rd=1

Edited by Christine & Paul

skyline r32 gt-r is cool or, S14 200SX cheap and easily modded for big power. I'd go for an S14a though, alot :angry: meaner looking!! :lol:

If you're going to leave the MR2, then go for the Skyline.  As Kev mentioned, you can pick up a really decent R32 GT-R for that money.

I can't think of any car that looks more brutal mate.  :thumbsup:

gtr32.jpg

now that... I like.

I only use my car for fun... not for commuting etc.

i was thinking of getting a TVR.

After doing some research I found that there not very reliable at all. :(

also the older Chimera has a smaller block which does struggle to pull the weight.

Ive drove a Scooby WRX STI and ohh my word, it was fast :eek: . Turbo'd 4wd cars are awesome, but you'l be putting allot of fuel in the tank per week, however your probably used to this driving a mr2 anyway.

If i was you id go for a Skyline or Supra, for fun, a Skyline GTS-T (its rear wheel drive :thumbsup: ), power and face pulling of G-Force - GTR! There's a MASSIVE difference in price in those two motors tho

Looks - a supra, lets face it fellas - the skyline does look like a modded mondeo with a sweet back end on it!! Youve gotta like those rear lights :thumbsup:

Right - here's my answer.

Cheap, powerful car - Scooby STI WRX

Power - Skyline

Looks - Supra twin turbo (there quicker than a skyline gtr standard!)

Any of the three - if they brakedown then its :crybaby: im afraid!!!

Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

i was thinking of getting a TVR.

After doing some research I found that there not very reliable at all. :(

also the older Chimera has a smaller block which does struggle to pull the weight.

erm.. no offence, but you really have been listening to the wrong people..

Okay, the early S2's and 340's were notoriously unreliable, and the AJPV8 (Cerbera) did need a lot of regular tweaking to keep it in tune..

But the Chimera especially was quite reliable, the only issue really being the electrics sometimes failing due to the bodyshell being fibreglass.

As for the 'struggle', having driven the 4.0 for an hour - I can tell you struggle is the wrong word! Sure, its only 240bhp, but it flies.. 0-60 is about 5~6 secs, but the acceleration just keeps going...

and the best bit, is the noise :D

But hey, on the downside they dont even have a glovebox.. and the plastic rear window isnt great...

<<<<<<< Next car..... TVR Cerbera. pick a nice one up for £15 - £16K.

And i'll wipe the floor with other suggestions in here. Its quicker than a 911 turbo of the same age!

;)

Are we still talking about on a budget of £6K here?

I'm sorry if you buy a GTR/RX-7/Supra for that price, then you get what you've paid for. :ph34r:

erm.. no offence, but you really have been listening to the wrong people.

None taken. I can take criticism. ;)

But it's what I've read, not heard.

Your right about the noise :drool::thumbsup:

If not about the reliability :P

well, as i said, they aint pefect, and most Jap marques will destroy them for reliability, but they are vastly improved over early models - and i know for a fact about the performance..

But, I missed the budget of £6k... you'd be lucky to get a S2 for that unfortunatly... but i also cant see you getting a Skyline or RX-7..

i would say an evo but after talkin to a few people that have owned them they are VERY expensive to run, and i dont just mean petrol, servicing and parts are a right kick in the wallet. what do you need from your car to give a better idea of what your after.

if i had the money id be goin for a lancia delta hf integrale! i know there rare but i had a quick turn in one years ago and i got hooked. just a shame he sold it.

if i had the money id be goin for a lancia delta hf integrale! i know there rare but i had a quick turn in one years ago and i got hooked. just a shame he sold it.

Now your talking :thumbsup:

NISSAN SKYLINE 2.6 GTR32, 1994 L Reg , 76,000 miles, Metallic Silver. 17" Gold ADVAN RACING Alloy Wheels,HKS Basket Clutch,HKS Boost Controller Set At 1.2 Bar,HKS Exhaust,HKS Turbo Timer,Boost Gauge,This car has a common gtr problem with 4th gear syncro(crunches when you change gear),Apart from 4th it drives very well and goes like a rocket,I have found a gearbox for £250 if it helps,It needs minor paintwork(scratches)and 4 tyres,Please dont make me an offer beacause this car is worth the asking price in spares,Please no test pilots or dreamers my time is valuable, Please Note- For all those discussing this car on the owners forum, this car is not a risk, Mechanically it is in A1 condition other than the 4th gear problem,i have been honest in my description, and feel the price reflects this! £5,495.

media.jpg

...I think the 'box would cost more than a simple £250 fix... or he'd have done it and sold it for £1000 more.

Just to give you an idea though...

1990 NISSAN SKYLINE R32 GTR 2.5 twin turbo

78,000 miles. 4 wheel drive, very fast car, 12 months M O T, 6 months tax, Air-Conditioning, direct from japan, looks and drives superb, outstanding condition, Rear Spoiler, Remote locking. PART EX WELCOME, ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED, PHONE 0161 483 6161 £6,995.

media1.jpg

...and I thought about getting this one myself...

NISSAN SKYLINE GTR 2.6 TWIN TURBO

Metallic Grey. super drager exhaust, ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Body kit, CD Multichanger, Central locking, Cloth upholstery, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Limited slip differential, Metallic paintwork, Radio/Cassette, Spoiler. This Trully Must Be One Of The Best Example Ever, After Market Front Bumper, Camber Adjustibile Suspension, 17" Toyo Racing alloys In White, Super Dragger Exhuast, BLITZ Induction Kit With Twin Inlet Cone Filters, BLITZ Dump Valve, APEXI Digital Air Flow And Boost Control, Map Sensor, Turbo Timer,Close Ratio Gear Box, Over 300 B.H.P Very Fast, Ready To Drive AWAY Fresh Import Full M.O.T And 6 Month Tax, £6,995 p/x welcome.

media3.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links