Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K Reg Starlet Gt

Jonny H

Hi everyone, im new here from P2X

My gf picked up her first Starlet GT last night from Exeter. Very clean for its age!

Engine spec: re-bored to 1.4

Forge pistons

High lift cams

New standard gearbox

Quick shift lever

RR @ 150hp

The engine sounds pretty clean to me although im not 100% what to listen out for as im used to Nissans, and Nissans tend to have noise tappy engines anyway!

My mechanic mate viewed the car for us and he seemed to think the engine was sound apart from a VERY slight leak around the rocker cover gasket, how much are these to replace?

Also what oil should she be using? Im assuming a 10W 50? Im currently using Silcolene Pro S 10W 50 in my GTI-R, would this be ok to use in the Starlet?

Finally the exterior! Very clean apart from a few scrapes and scratches around the side skirt trim, are these removable and can they be replaced easily? also how much?

I think thats everything! lol. Any help would be appreciated! :D

Thanks

Jonny H

P.s. IS ANYONE FROM THE ESSEX AREA ON HERE?

Firstly hi and welcome, the starlet block cannot be bored to a 1400cc there isn't the room it can old be stroked to a 1500cc using a 5E bottom end. 10W 50 will be fine best thing to do is got to toyota for all your parts matey.

Simon

Sounds nice mate, Make sure you post up some pics dude !

Rocker cover gasket is about 5 quid from toyota so its not gonna break the bank mate. Its easy to replace also!

Cheers

YBY