Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Little Help Please!

WantingGlanza

Evening all,

I have been reading your forums for quite a while now and have finally decided to make a post! I have seriously fallen in love with the Glanza V and decided that I gotta have one no matter what. I am going to look at one tommorow, but by all accounts (a mate went to see it about 3 months ago, and its still for sale!! He now has a starlet GT) its in very poor condition. Im going to go and have a look so I have a benchmark for the poor end of the spectrum. I have now seen another one on autotrader that is due in to england middle of this month. I am abit dubious about whether it is an original glanza though, as it has a sunroof which I didnt think glanzas have?? Also the sideskirts do not look like glanza ones. So my first question is, can anyone confirm this for me??

Second question (hope I am not taking liberties here!), would it be best for me to import one myself, or keep looking in england. Im going to have a budget of about £5K-£6K, so will this cover it?? Being a complete novice when it comes to this, so where would be a good place to start?!

I hope someone can help me!

Many thanks

John

StarletSy is one of the guys with a Glanza, no doubt he'll be along soon.

Meanwhile there are always one or two over at www.toyotaownersclub.com

:D Hello and welcome right first off have you checked insurance these are imports and it's not cheap.

Mine has a sunroof i have the original brochure from japan and a sunroof was an option.

It may well have different side skirts they could well have been changed in japan.

Since the SVA (import) laws changed last year you will need a modle report to import a 97 onwards glanza there is not a modle report done yet for these cars and it would cost big money to get one done. If you want to import one make sure it's a 96 and totally standard as that is how it will have to be to pass the SVA.

Any more questions please ask...

Simon

Many thanks guys!

After the hours of research so far, I have discovered the whole post 97 problem so I am definetely after a 96! After looking on the toyotaownersclub.com site, I have realised that there are more for sale than I first thought (as in 1 or 2, instead of 0!!). Guessing I will just have to keep looking! Unless you would advise otherwise...?! (I'd prefer not to import if at all possible)

On the topic of insurance, I am 21 but unfortunately 0 years no claims bonus. Have been driving 3+1/2 years, no points, no claims. Adrian Flux have given me a provisional quote of just under £1500, which i'm fairly happy with. Does it sound about right?

Thanks again fellas. I have been completely taken by this 'beautiful' (how sad!) car!

J.

Ok, thanks buddy.

Ill keep a constant eye out now then!! From what ive seen, £5k-£6k maybe about right. For a 96 Glanza with about 40000-50000 miles. Any thoughts??

Cheers again

HMmm aren't these glanza's becoming popular, i hope it dont become the next generation of cars the rude boys are looking for :P Seen a GT turbo black one down mine recently, tit drives with his front fog lights on during the day grrr... lol. Also seen a black one, a silver and a white one down mine..... aahhhh getting known these little glanzas!!

There's a nice white one up in autotrader and also a black one from far east products on autotrader... me drool over them... he he even though i have one on my drive...... hmmm... need to do something to my car to make it look better.. :ph34r:

thanks shelly! Youre the one with the white glanza with volks wheels and TRD carbon scoop arent you?! Very jealous! But dont you worry, therell be no driving with fog lights on when I get mine. Chavs are my worst enemy! Itll be fun embarrasing the Nova and Saxo !Removed! though!

Anyway, I have seen the black one from Far East already, in fact that was the one I was asking about sunroof and sideskirt wise! I am going to give the people a ring this morning to see how the reservation thingy works. I dont fancy putting a deposit down on something ive never seen. I cant see the white one you mentioned though?? Is it a Glanza or a GT?

Here are a couple of piccies of the car from far east. How does it look to you experts?!

media1.jpg

media2.jpg

The advert says the following:

1996 TOYOTA STARLET

3 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Fastback, 48,000 miles, Black. Air-Conditioning, bumper and mirror in color, Power-Assisted Steering, ABS, Alloy wheels, Body kit, Electric windows, Sports seats, Sunroof. Glanza Turbo, Adjustable shocks, After market SS, steel Exhaust, NEW Tyres, HKS Induction Kit, Wastgate Blower. Car is Quick and due in from Japan MID FEB, Reserve today, call for details, as per our usual. Full Service, 12 Months Test, 6 Months Road Fund License, Warranty, RAC Inspection £5,995.

Thanks again folks.

J.

P.S. I will take you up on that very kind MSN offer simon. :D Will add you when I get home

lupo-gt over on toyotaownersclub.com placed this advert yesterday saying "for sale in a few weeks"

ep91 glanza v in silver 60k on the clock been in the country nearly 5 months only 1 thing wrong with the car it needs lowering. Drives like new engine bay and body work are mint mods include:

16 inch wheels

5zigen exhaust

hks filter

hks plugs and leads

upgraded fuel pump

AFPR (fuel pressure regulator)

FCD (removed ECU fuel cut)

g reddy boost controller which is set at 10 and 14 psi

g reddy turbo timer

JVC head unit and sony Speakers.

and an ARC upgraded top mount intercooler

and BOV

very pleasing to drive as every1 nos who had one and turns loads of heads.

Reason for sale is to buy a modded one

location near Cardiff S Wales

I payed 5500 for it 5 months ago and spent just over 3k on it.

Always run on optimax and oil levels checked weekly just had an oil and filter change to and new mintex front pads, i have done about 5k miles since i have had it and its never let me down or iv never had any probs with it.

Open to offers

hi mate hope you are able to find yourself one soon and trust me they drive as good as they look ive bin hunting 1 myself but then im greedy wanting a 2nd lol i was selling mine but then came up with the plan of have 2, 1 standard as possible and 1 pure animal for the strip

oh yeah welcome to the club

Jim

1996 TOYOTA STARLET 1.3i 3dr Hatchback

uk spec glanza turbo.taxed & mot'd. hks t'timer & boost control e/w'c/l etc. quick car with cheap ins.genuine reason for sale. 77000 miles. £5195.

Tel: 07884 492472 or 02837 524214

Distance: 452 miles

Price: £5,195

glanzaauto.jpg

Geez this car is really far from me, 452miles!! blimey.

Yeah thats the one from far east that black one, i was staring at it all last night and wonder if i should trade mine in for it lol, crazy thoughts hey. loving the chin spoiler on it, wonder what it is... i want one i want one!!! :P

6k for that glanza, try knock it down :P

i think the chin spoiler and sideskirts are the jam racing kit...

this is avalable through hyeline performance www.hyeline.com

event.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

if i eva get a glanza, i'll be getting that kit!

Rich.

hiim lupo-gt off toyotaownersclub.

My glanza is 4 sale its in mint condition just needs some lowering the engine is like new its lush to drive so easy nicer tan any other car i have driven.

But i wanna wait abit cos im waiting for another one to come over frm japan with a heap of mods on it, let me no if ur interested

im gettting a highly modded glanza V trd coilovers, big FMIC, lsd, clutch upgrade basically the whole car has been done was given a pretty long spec sheet and at the end it said and much more so im hoping it will be a monster i really cant wait just gotta sell my car now in about 2 months time hopefully

you got any pics buddy?? That would probably be a better time for me to buy actually!

Shelly: Ive seen that white one on there now! Didnt notice it as it didnt say glanza or turbo in the title of it!! Unfortuately, im 424miles away, so hardly much closer! Mileage a bit high for my liking aswell! If you were to sell yours and get the black one from far east, then I would be first on your doorstep to buy! :D

give me email addy and i will send u some pics gotta get some of the engine bay though, wouldnt really worry to much about the milage mate the engines are so strong as long as the turbo is good besides u can pick up a replacement engine for cheap as chips or a fcut

sorry mate i seem to have misplaced ur email addy can u give it to me again only im not sure how to get it back up being new to the site

1996   TOYOTA STARLET 1.3i 3dr Hatchback

uk spec glanza turbo.taxed & mot'd. hks t'timer & boost control e/w'c/l etc. quick car with cheap ins.genuine reason for sale. 77000 miles. £5195.

Tel: 07884 492472 or  02837 524214

Distance:  452 miles

Price:  £5,195

glanzaauto.jpg

Geez this car is really far from me, 452miles!!  blimey.

LOL no such thing as a UK Spec Glanza. They are all Japanese imports ONLY. I'm guessing he's converted the kph to mph and fitted a fog light. WOW Uk spec! :D

yeah mines UK spec to now my email addy is www.glanzav@hotmail.co.uk for enquires and pics i love the car to bits very well looked after and whoever buys it will not be disapointed its a little animal likes to spin from 1st to 3rd sometimes depending on the weahter.

have had a few races will be honest but other wise i just like crusing in low revs just enough to here the bov though.

Have let quite a few people drive it now and every1 who has driven and been in it says they want one. So i make up stories about how hard it is to get them into the country and how much they cost to run and maintain so dont go letting every1 into my little secret.

i thought all glanza's were jap imports?

You thought correct. They never sold the Starlet GT Turbo or the Glanza outside of Japan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links