Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubbish Speakers. Help!

walka

ive recently got a v reg yaris 1.0 and ive noticed how rubbish the music system in it is. as a 17 year old male into basey (not sure how to spell that) music (drum and base, RnB) i want to put a sub in or something to help the music. ive been told that the head unit is wrong to fit any extra components (was told this by halfords) and i wanted to know if anyone could help me out here.

What do you want to know mate?..

How to install a headunit?..

Door Speakers?..

Bit vague there

Here's a link anyways -->  Click Me

:thumbsup:

I recently fitted 2 10cm sony xplodes in the dash, and 2 13cm in the doors it took me a few hours. Get the speaker fitting kit for the doors from Halfords !! that will save you alot of time. The dash spearers are pretty easy you can fit one side into an existing screw hole and screw a self tapper into a piece of the plasitic on the other side. The door spearers need to be drilled out cos there pop rivited in.

IF ur after quality sound the best option is just to also get urself a decent headunit, i recoment, some rear 6x9s and a good sub, alpine subs are pretty mental, ive got a 10 inch and it pumps for a 10 inch :thumbsup:

P.s. Welcome to the club mate

While on a Head Unit subject (ish) quick question.

To fit an after market head unit it seems I need to spend £90 on extra bits! Its stupid.

Seems like (from what I have read)

Fascia Surround:T55406-52010-B0

£38

Double Din Unit: FP-11-03 (Rav 4)

£40

ISO Lead: PC2-17-4 (Toyota)

£12

That comes to £90 to get the damn thing in their properly and nice! I know we have many guides up the bets one is the one designed for the Phase 2 (and Phase 1) but Im not sure where the phase 1 only part begins. Extra bits to do on a Phase 2 it seems.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21168

Cheers

Indeed you can mate ive had this lot fitted, alpine components, jbl 6*9's, JBL sub and amp and a pioneer head unit, goes insanely loud and is excellent quality. With the gains up on the amp it goes loud enough to open the boot and have an outdoor party!!!

YarisGYO3ZTD.jpg

YarisGYO3ZTD009.jpgYarisGYO3ZTD008.jpgYarisGYO3ZTD007.jpgYarisGYO3ZTD006.jpgYarisGYO3ZTD005.jpgYarisGYO3ZTD004.jpg

The 6x9s and stuff amped up at all? Or just the sub?

What bits of those I listed above do i need to fit an aftermarket headunit! All of them???

Nice btw

thanks every one for ur help. Sextons in swindon have said they can do it for me and so im now getting some £80 kenwood 6x9's fitted.

I've got a T2 - 2 Speakers in dash.

Does anyone know what the improvement would be if I fitted some Xplods (10cm) in the dash but kept the original (2 speaker) headunit ?

Seems like (from what I have read)

Fascia Surround:T55406-52010-B0

£38

Double Din Unit: FP-11-03 (Rav 4)

£40

ISO Lead: PC2-17-4 (Toyota)

£12

The double din unit is £20 also look on eBay for the iso lead picked mine up for about £5

But like you say still £70 for a few bits of plastic :(