Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Car Wax/polish?

albundy

hi just wondering if any1 has any ideas on wots the best polish or wax to do our toyotas with? and is there any do's and donts about polishing cheers

spray any lose heavy build up off the car,use warm water and i use turtle wash and wax going top to bottom then use turtle wheel cleener for wheels,exaust etc,rinse with cold water,then dry with ethier sqeegy or lint free towel.that normaly has the car gleeming then do windows with house window cleaner(cheaper for same stuff)you can wax wheels etc if you think they need it.i had to lear this at college body shop ;)

only tips i have are take your tim do inside door,boot,bonnet and fuel slams

i would do inside first

clean wipers with rag and you can use rain x or similar product

polishing do a panel at a time in summer but in winetr you can do 2-3,dont bother with electric buffer from argos get stuck with hands

i need to get out more :D

Well I haven't tried it out yet, but I did notice that Halfords had big 5 litre bottles of that Turtle Wash n Wax concentrate on sale for a tenner. Since you apparently only need one capfull of it per bucket of water, I think it would last a long time! I noticed that the bottle also had some sticker saying it was recommended by an auto magazine - can't remember which one tho :)

Well I haven't tried it out yet, but I did notice that Halfords had big 5 litre bottles of that Turtle Wash n Wax concentrate on sale for a tenner. Since you apparently only need one capfull of it per bucket of water, I think it would last a long time! I noticed that the bottle also had some sticker saying it was recommended by an auto magazine - can't remember which one tho :)

yeah i recomend it its good stuff

As far as washing goes, then really the Turtle wax should be fine. That's all i use on mine.

THEN, I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish to finish off. They have a new finish polish out now too, can't remember what it's called though, but it's specially formulated for darker cars ( so not much use to me ).

Meguiars are generally considered the best by most people on the forums.

At the top of this page there is a link to Toyota/Lexus car care. There is a downloadable pdf file that tells you just about everything you need to know about how to clean a car properly ( and everything in it ) to any standard.

Rich

everything autoglym for me , bodywork shampoo conditioner , then super resin polish , lastly Extra Gloss Protection

everything autoglym for me ,  bodywork shampoo conditioner , then super resin polish , lastly Extra Gloss Protection

100% agree has to be autoglym :thumbsup:

Yep :yes:

Autoglym for paintwork and...

...armour all for black plastic and rubber items (like dashboard/interior panels, bumpers, tyres, radiator hoses etc.).

...armour all for black plastic and rubber items (like dashboard/interior panels, bumpers, tyres, radiator hoses etc.).

agreed! i spray it on a bit of sponge, as i think its easier than using a cloth or whatever. i dont use it inside, though.

autogylm for me too I always do a jet wash then a hand wash then autoglym super resin polish sometimes a bit of that coloured tcut colour protection stuff but only on my fading wing mirrors and finish of with lashings of autoglym extra gloss protection sometimes two layers (on consecutive days) after that all i do is give it a blast with the jetwash once a week and it comes up looking like it did the day i polished the a*se of it for the next month!

After washing the car.....

I use the Meguiars 3 step system... paint prep first, polish second and carnauba wax third.

Come up nice when using a microfibre towel. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

2 coats of mer and a yellow duster won me a show and shine. not sayin the others are crap but that result speaks for itself. a mate of mine was up against me in the same show and shine and he had a big box full of Meguiars stuff, he came third. my little old bottle of mer beat it. if mers good enough to get burnt on tar off then i sure as hell wont use anything else lol.

you guys missed out on the recent group buy for top notch goodies!

I swear by Klasse - All in one and sealant glaze simply rule.

no wax - just polished with All In One

43600015_G_001.sized.jpg

doctored_lowered_2.jpg

Any autoglym users just try Meguiars and you will not look back i promise you! So much so you will be almost ashamed that you ever applied auto glym to your cars!!

BTW Meguiars products regularly sweep the board at the Pebble beach Concours D'elegnace

Klasse Stuff rocks

Forget high street stuff. I have used many products and the klasse stuff is the mutts nuts!

Any autoglym users just try Meguiars and you will not look back i promise you!  So much so you will be almost ashamed that you ever applied auto glym to your cars!!

BTW Meguiars products regularly sweep the board at the Pebble beach Concours D'elegnace

Agreed!

Where in wiltshire do you live mate?

Any autoglym users just try Meguiars and you will not look back i promise you!  So much so you will be almost ashamed that you ever applied auto glym to your cars!!

Agreed!

Where in wiltshire do you live mate?

Same as You!

only autoglym for my e12 rolla.

first that red one wich makes the shield and then tha gold one wich make rolla to shine so bright that usually i dont know should i took it out at all couse it would make me blind!

hehe

MB

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links