Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit

ghecko

removing the standard air box to get the induction kit on is a real !Removed! of a job don't know what it would be like putting it back on. It's easy enough to remove the induction kit thogh just loosen jubilee kit and pull it off then try and reconnect everything. The most awkward bit is the way the rear strut brace is placed cause you can't reall get access to the box. :thumbsup:

removing the standard air box to get the induction kit on is a real !Removed! of a job don't know what it would be like putting it back on. It's easy enough to remove the induction kit thogh just loosen jubilee kit and pull it off then try and reconnect everything. The most awkward bit is the way the rear strut brace is placed cause you can't reall get access to the box. :thumbsup:

Its a right pain because my agreed insurance quote came through and I then asked for a second with the kit and that all came through - i then went out and bought the car - so today I went to take it out and they mysteriously more than doubled it to £1580 - and said sorry we made a mistake the previous two quotes bast*rds

Anyway I've hunted high and low and the cheapest I can get now is £1180 as a grey import but they don't accept any mods so I have to take this damn thing off or keep it on and pay £1580

Nothings ever simple.. :ffs:

I've tried over 46 insurers now and these two are the lowest...

Can I ask how its real hard to add but easy to remove ?

I've had many a scraped knuckle from those :censor: airboxes, it's a really tight fit. Even just checking/changing the air filter can be a bit of a struggle.

Do the original air filter come with the car? I bet Mr. T will charge an arm and a leg for a new one.

I've had many a scraped knuckle from those  :censor: airboxes, it's a really tight fit. Even just checking/changing the air filter can be a bit of a struggle.

Do the original air filter come with the car? I bet Mr. T will charge an arm and a leg for a new one.

Yeah I think he still has the original filter so hopefully it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

easier to get to if you remove the side panel, only 2 screws

Im sorry but i dont agree with this at all. <_<

I fitted an apexi intake last weekend and it was an absolute doddle. It would be an hours job max, but for one god damn nut! I needed my old mans help for that cos he's left handed but other than that it was so easy its unreal. It was the one under the fuel pipe thats impossible to get at cos the fuel pipe is in the way. Also theres some random bar on the fuel pipe that seems to serve no purpose other than stopping you getting to that nut. had to put our arm up the side intake in the end. but didnt need to take the panel off! and my dads got big arms.

However, i do think it would be harder to go the other way gheko for this reason; the nuts/bolts that hold in the stock filter are in some awkward locations whereas the aftermarket ones are easy. And its easier to take nuts off blind than find where to put them on and put them on blind.

Esp without any diagrams. My instruc were in jap but diag's were good.

If you need any help let me know. just pm me. :thumbsup:

Guest rev3turbo

totally in agreement with you there C_master,

put my a'pexi on in under an hour too it's an easy job, even for a short ar5e like me, oh and i'm left handed so i kow what u mean bout the nut :D bet it is more of a challenge putting the airbox back in tho

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links