Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Mac

Chappers

I love macs! All the time I was watching that I was thinking "replace the word 'mac' with 'windows'".

lol,

The thing is at work the Macs that the designers use are more reliable than our Windows PCs.

We should all use Linux. :D :D

Yeah but give us a while and we'd be moaning about that or at least the little penguin.

i hate macs!

one of the most overated heaps of trash on the planet!

and as he says! 'spazzy' to operate!

in fact i hate PCs aswell! :lol:

I like Macs. They look good and are easy enough to use once you're used to their "little ways".

I Have PCs because the CAD software I use is PC only, but I once ran a network of aged Macs and they were the simplest things to work on when the died - completely tool free, you could pop off the lid and swap the bits in seconds.

My work is totally PC based, but one of our Graphic Designers is so loathe to change that she has her Windows startbar at the top of her screen :rolleyes: :ffs:

A

I like Macs... I have not had one for years but they have something PC's don't!!

Apple (well IDG) also invented the concept of the "home" style PC. if it wasn't for them we would all still have huge beige boxes!!!

For my A level design project I built a home PC based on an Apple powerbook, using the slim internals to acheive a slim and nice looking desktop PC, in brushed aluminium and wallnut, I worked with Apples IDG designers trough a few letters... finally built this thing (working prototype).. got a contract from psion as they were thinking of entering the "sexy" pc market.... and still got a D because the teacher hated me :lol: where as yeachers pets making the usual coffe tables and CD racks got As :rolleyes:

How wrong is that?

Loads of modern PC's follow that basic idea these days (sony vaio desktop, etc)

MAC's suck... and so does Linux... i always find it funny when people claim 'how good linux is' - its the band waggon of the century, and is less stable than Unix...

If a system works for you.. use it... i personally prefer window2k atm... as its stable.. and runs swiftly on my PC....

I have used linux... infact I have a linux server, currently running debian... tho that is likely to change when I can be ubikd setting it up properly... that too is reasonably stable... I have never been a fan of Macs.. never got into them... but then I like building my own stuff and installing everything... I know how to do that with windows *shrugs

My work is totally PC based, but one of our Graphic Designers is so loathe to change that she has her Windows startbar at the top of her screen :rolleyes: :ffs:

That's just silly! (actually I know exactly what you mean)...

Yes, it's a PC.

desk.jpg

Mac's rule

When was the last time you heard of a Virus on a mac? there are like 2 out there and the millions on the windows based system.

Tim

Getting me a nice shiny new iMac or a G5 (if i can afford one) to edit all that lovely footage that will be brought back from our trip to the Nurburgring :D

Mac's rule

When was the last time you heard of a Virus on a mac? there are like 2 out there and the millions on the windows based system.

Tim

So, by that logic, you must think the Lada is the best car ever?

I mean when was the last time you heard of one being vandalised because of jealousy???

Well Ive used a Mac, and Ive used a PC, and I can honestly say I hate macs with a vengance. I was planning to buy one a while back and then asked myself why. And the only reason was because its pretty :rolleyes:

If people say macs are perfect, then you should have seen some of the ones I had to help repair! They were more screwed up than any pc I had the misfortune to work on, and yes there are new virus/trojans coming out to attack macs and they are a damn sight nastier than standard pc ones :(

So, by that logic, you must think the Lada is the best car ever?

I mean when was the last time you heard of one being vandalised because of jealousy???

:huh: i ment by that statement that windows is well know for big sercuity holes and flaky OS. just install XP and do a update there's like 670mb of updates thats noway to program a OS.

i didn't say thats the only reason why macs are good, i just said that it is one reason, and saying that no one keyed a Lada is abiot silly!! You must know a lot of Lada owners to know that information.

Tim

But i supose it's one of those marmite thinks you love or you hate it!

I used to use Macs at college and I could never get the hang of them!

Now I'm a PC only person - I have a PC, Rich has a PC - I really liked the look of those pretty Apple Macs - the ones that look like a monitor but are the whole computer..... you know the ones I mean....

(just found pic on Google!

The IMAC

imac.jpg

Anyhoo, I never got one because I realised it was a MAC and not a PC!

Doesnt mean to say I wouldnt try to use a MAC - I've heard lots of good things about them - I'm just one of those people who finds it hard to change force of habit..... :D

PS - Is that guy in the clip the guy who played Chase in Series 3 of 24?

• 1 month later...
I love macs! All the time I was watching that I was thinking "replace the word 'mac' with 'windows'".

Agreed. The guy is an idiot who has not a clue what he's talking about.

Mac OS X is absolutely superior to Windows in every conceivable way.

We Mac users don't have to live in dread of the virus of the week, we don't suffer from spyware infections either.

Kudos for Linux as well, but Mac offers the most complete experience out of the box. The software bundle they ship with for free is better than any in the PC world.

I'm currently saving all my pennies so I can afford a shiny new Mac Mini to sit on top of my PC!

I'm currently saving all my pennies so I can afford a shiny new Mac Mini to sit on top of my PC!

Smart man.

I predict your pee cee will be come nothing more than an ugly stand for the Mac Mini.

:thumbsup:

I cant say i like Macs...i find there WAY to expensive. Also you if you have to replace a motherboard its gonna cost you like £500 and to keep your warrenty you'll have to give it to Apple for them to fix.... :o NO CHANCE!!!