Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Mac

Chappers

I cant say i like Macs...i find there WAY to expensive. Also you if you have to replace a motherboard its gonna cost you like £500 and to keep your warrenty you'll have to give it to apple for them to fix.... :o NO CHANCE!!!

A friend in the office just had the memory slot fail on his powerbook. He contacted Apple, they sent over a courier, fixed it and sent it back after 2 days and as far as I know it was all for free.

And you can buy a Mini for just over £300 that is just as powerful as some of the 2 year old powerbooks.

I have to use a PC at work and the network there is foul. I'm told a PC server clogs itself up if it isn't rebooted at least once a month.

PCs would be Ok if it wasn't for Microsoft. Windows XP just doesn't handle memory or multi-tasking well. Programs hang and then lose your data. Printers are a swine to set up especially on a network.

My home iMac just chugs along. Perfectly reliable, programs never quit on me and graphics work is so much smoother. The latest Apple iLife and iWorks are simple to use and give great results that would take ages on a PC.

The other great advantage is a massive amount of freeware and shareware on the web that actually works. :thumbsup:

I think that the mac is probably the better choice for computing, but...

...I had to use Apple products from when I was pre-grade school all the way to high school (starting with ancient Apple IIs and working up to iMacs and the like) and it kinda soured me on them. I think when its time for a new computer, I may try one though (even though I'd have to sell a kidney to buy one!)

I cant say i like Macs...i find there WAY to expensive. Also you if you have to replace a motherboard its gonna cost you like £500 and to keep your warrenty you'll have to give it to apple for them to fix.... :o NO CHANCE!!!

A friend in the office just had the memory slot fail on his powerbook. He contacted Apple, they sent over a courier, fixed it and sent it back after 2 days and as far as I know it was all for free.

And you can buy a Mini for just over £300 that is just as powerful as some of the 2 year old powerbooks.

Precisely.

It is an absurd myth that Macs are expensive.

That was true in the 1980s and early 1990s, yeah...but it's 2005 guys.

Compare any Macintosh to a comparable PC with equal features, quality and software.

It is unfair to compare a Mac to a bargain crap off-brand PC or one you build yourself in a generic metal box with parts from a catalog.

I've worked in IT support for 7 years, supporting both so I know EXACTLY what really costs more money in the long run. I know which machines have come out of the box *perfect* every time and which machines require the least support. Apple builds machines of uncompromised quality. In 7 years I have never taken a new Mac out of the box and had a problem. I've sent back probably 30-50 PC's. Mostly Dells, the alleged leader for customer service LOL.

Oh, and to the girl who said there are Mac viruses, you're dead wrong. There have been a handful of exploits, you could literally count them one ONE HAND and none of them was as dangerous as the average PC virus. Most were minor vulnerablilities that were fixed by Apple immediately in a free update. Microsoft could learn from that. Oh, and SPYWARE is a non-issue on Macs. There is none because the OS is built properly and isn't vulnerable to that crap.

I agree Windows is 90% of the problem. If you must have a pee cee, run Linux. Linux is brilliant.

I think that the mac is probably the better choice for computing, but...

...I had to use Apple products from when I was pre-grade school all the way to high school (starting with ancient apple IIs and working up to iMacs and the like) and it kinda soured me on them.  I think when its time for a new computer, I may try one though (even though I'd have to sell a kidney to buy one!)

3-500 quid for a nice Mac.

You ought to be able to get 300 for a kidney, right? :thumbsup:

3-500 quid? I'm not from the UK :P

If I wanted a new book, I'd be looking at around 500 quid minmum, only in USD form :thumbsup: I'd have to spend quite a bit more for a 15" screen like I have now. For the time being, my hp laptop will do fine.

3-500 quid?  I'm not from the UK :P

If I wanted a new book, I'd be looking at around 500 quid minmum, only in USD form  :thumbsup: I'd have to spend quite a bit more for a 15" screen like I have now.  For the time being, my hp laptop will do fine.

Kewl.

Hey, what kind of car is that in your avatar?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links