Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"e" Marked Products

Evil sperm

hi boys and girls. hopefully you can help me out here im going to buy some rear lights for my little yaris seen as thought i haven't treated it for a long time but no light have this thing called "E" marked especailly the lexus style one's

does anyone know what it means? does it mean that the lights don 't have reflectors???

please help

Many thanks for reading

Don't know but would be very careful when buying lights without reflectors as they are a legal requirement. If you do manage to buy some without you have to stick naf little reflectors somewhere on the rear of the car :)

if its not e marked then it isn't technically legal

the e mark means that it is compliant with european regulations I think

that means there are alot of imports with non E marked windows! tyres, lights??

i have the E on the windows of my import but i have heard not all have them.. and in theory illegal

I have the light you want, they are not e marked but they are the dogs.... they are of good quality and ive never had a problem with them, i even had a compliment of how sensible (i.e bright and clear) they were from a coper after a route stop! :yes:..... come see them at jap fest!

Dan

The E marks on the cars are a EU standard mark......i imported a car from Cyprus in '94 after i bought it in cyprus i had to have all the lights, glass, and something else changed before i could get it out of customs. if you get stopped by a stickler for the rules and knows what hes looking at. you could be looking at a hefty fine mate :thumbsup:

As Gus says, the E signifies the part is regsitered as EEC compliant as fit for use in the automotive industry. All parts will have their own E number and this is registered similar to a patent. any parts without an E number should be carefully considered as they have not been thoroughly vetted for the industry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links