Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 225bhp Toyota Corolla T-sport

Toyosupra[pt]

Exclusive spy images in this week's magazine reveal Toyota putting the finishing touches to an even more powerful version of its Corolla T Sport. The newcomer differs from the existing range-topper thanks to a deeper front spoiler, bigger airdam, distinctive twin tailpipes and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Expected to debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month, the hotter T Sport will be powered by a 225bhp engine. The Toyota will go head-to-head with the new VW Golf GTI and forthcoming Vauxhall Astra VXR when it hits showrooms around September.

Its introduction also sees the debut of a five-door T Sport - previously, the car was available only as a three-door. This move is in response to other makers' more practical hot hatches, in particular the Golf. The newcomer will be sold alongside the existing £15,995 190bhp variant. However, the added performance will cost extra, with prices of around £17,500 for the three-door or £18,000 for the five-door model.

Source: Auto Express

:drool::drool::drool::drool::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

The T-Sport was available in 5-door version, here in the UK round about Oct 2002, but was only about for about 6months. :eek::blink::eek:

I know that, cause i wanted one, but at the time of ordering, only the T-Spirit was in 5-door, apart from the T3 and T2.

I've seen a 5-door version, and heard about a few from here, so i know that they aren't that rare, but still rare enough.

If the new T-Sport is due out with a 225BHP, currently 198BHP (if i remember..) that gonna be one heck of a fast car!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

The Tsport was most certainly available as a 5 door as I have one. mine was first registered in March 2004. Not sure when they stopped making them but they was certainly available then.

I looked at a new one in August 2004 but really wanted the 5 door as its more practical for me (family man) but luckily found this one.

that is tsport with TTE body kit and TTE kompressor :huh:

When the tsport motor was presented (with 190hp) i read that Yamanha and Toyota continuing developing that motor to 225 hp .. i don't know if is true but... <_<

oooooooooooohhhh that looks neat!!! If they've fixed the gearbox, stiffened it up, put an LSD, than it's THE hatch! How come 5dr though? I thought facelift T-Sports are 3d only!!!

That looks like one sweet more in the making me thinks :yes: This is what Toyota is all about. It's about time they start making some serious performance cars again :thumbsup:

jerry!!

lol......i know the guy in the passenger seat

but i must add, its not hard to get "spy" shots of this car, its being driven around Cologne , nearly everyday

Well I'll be having one - dont look at the power look at the torque. It will be so easy to get this to 250bhp. Then just 'twin' it.

found more about this.....In italian, so If anybody can translate It'll be appreciated.....for all I care: the good side 0-60 in 6.9 and 225hp :eek: and the bad side only 1.000 will be made :( wich makes me wonder the price :ffs:

TS Compressor

tozcorllts00.jpg

I know you guys have already discussed this but the current T-Sport did use to come in a 5 door as I also have one. I got it in September of 03.

I used to drive a peugeot 306 1.4, when I changed to the T-Sport it was a pretty big step up. I love driving the car, especially when it gets to the high revs.

I think the new T-Sport will be very fat, I'm definitely going to keep my eyes out for one of them. Have no idea how I'll be able to afford it mind.

I think toyota are still aiming too low the neew ST will be packing 217bhp so the new RS i recon will be between 250-300bhp

would not mind one though

I think toyota are still aiming too low the neew ST will be packing 217bhp so the new RS i recon will be between 250-300bhp

would not mind one though

I agree. I was expecting Toyota to go for more like 240-250 as the astra will be 240, so it's still going to be lagging behind. But if it's well priced then I may be tempted, if the misses lets me. :rolleyes:

This is the spec for the car, not that impressive really, you'd think that toyota would at least try to beef vit up a bit. Saying that though, im sure there will be lots of tweeking to be done. Still think that the amazing corolla gti16 thats been done up by jbmotorsports will kick its ***** though, thats 170bhp and does 0-62 in 5.35seconds!!! Now thats a car I would like to have!!!

Heres the spec on the t-sport

4 cylinders DOHC VVTL-i

4 valves for cylinder

1796 ccm

Power

225 CV (166 kW)

Brace

250 to 4200 min -1

Speed max

235 km/h

0-100 km/h

6,9 s

Circles in light alloy

7J x 17"

Tires

215/45 R 17

found more about this.....In italian, so If anybody can translate It'll be appreciated.....for all I care: the good side 0-60 in 6.9 and 225hp  :eek: and the bad side only 1.000 will be made  :( wich makes me wonder the price  :ffs:

TS Compressor

tozcorllts00.jpg

Is this a fact only 1000 will be made, whats is that all about? Please tell this isnt a fact! I was considering looking in to one of these!

Nick

I doubt Toyota will be doing a limited run on these, I reckon they will make them to order.

Also, I dont think the 0-60 figures shown reflect the true potential of this new T-Sport. Since it is a motor with a blower it will have torque all through the rev-range, I doubt the Astra can match this.

You want power but use torque, 250bhp in any FWD is the limit as far as Im concerned.

Mine has so much torque that it is only on the open road that I can plant the trottle all the way to prevent wheel-spin.

I think, by swapping the blower for a turbo it will be good for 300bhp.