Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 225bhp Toyota Corolla T-sport

Toyosupra[pt]

As to be expected,my local Toyota dealer does not have a clue about the new Corolla...what can I say argggh.I hope they make more than 1000 units,cos that won't be enough for the whole of Europe :angry:

PS.Hey Nad,long time no see :P

Ant :D

I doubt Toyota will be doing a limited run on these, I reckon they will make them to order.

Also, I dont think the 0-60 figures shown reflect the true potential of this new T-Sport.  Since it is a motor with a blower it will have torque all through the rev-range, I doubt the Astra can match this. 

You want power but use torque, 250bhp in any FWD is the limit as far as Im concerned.

Mine has so much torque that it is only on the open road that I can plant the trottle all the way to prevent wheel-spin.

I think, by swapping the blower for a turbo it will be good for 300bhp.

I reckon FenSport will proberly sort out some sort of pully kit to up the boost on the Supercharger no need to swap it for a Turbocharger!

I just hope it comes fitted with LSD so it can put all that power down!

Nick

Whay I really hope is that the 2ZZ-GE won't loose its "old school VTEC" power delivery style once supercharged... In other worlds, i care about the lift!!!!

Whay I really hope is that the 2ZZ-GE won't loose its "old school VTEC" power delivery style once supercharged... In other worlds, i care about the lift!!!!

If you look at the PDF of the performance figures that Toyota released the other day it shows there will still be a "LIFT" zone maybe not quite as pronounced as the normally aspirated model though!

Nick

will this one have FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER????

if this is so.....It should show up a lil' more on the front spoiler

It will have to, if its running a super charger.

no , it havn't !

it runs w/o intercooler !

it's one of the reasons to lower the price.

Sure it runs w/o intercooler...that is also the reason it outputs only 225hp where the blitz one outputs roughly 255-260hp with a front mount intercooler! ;)

no , it havn't !

it runs w/o intercooler !

it's one of the reasons to lower the price.

Sure it runs w/o intercooler...that is also the reason it outputs only 225hp where the blitz one outputs roughly 255-260hp with a front mount intercooler! ;)

ok so, we buy the rolla tsport with 225hp and we put in the blitz front mount intercooler and we are ready to go ! :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Bump.

Any news on the tsport compressor coming to the UK?

Would be interested. Otherwise, we'll have to import a left-hand drive model!

I am happy that toyota are doing this, but with all the extra weight, 18" wheels etc, how much faster than the standard model is this really goin to be?

perhaps irrelavent as not everyone does it but a few choice mods will see your t-sport doing some crazy things, i have seen 7700rpm in 6th gear and still climbing, speedo was off the clock, do the maths...

I just wonder if yet again toyota are not being focused enough, drop the big wheels, drop all the weight, put in a diff, screw the guys who say the limit of fwd is 250bhp!!! what??!! if only it was as simple as that!!!!

Dropping my ten penneth in - but looking at the 0-60mph / 0-100kph sprint times being quoted earlier in the thread of 6.9secs - that's not actually that fast for the power output.......

Think about it - the Celica T-Sport is quoted at 7.2secs. A saving of 0.3 of a second with an extra 35bhp doesn't sound like a great deal. :unsure:

It must be one hell of a heavy car....

Dropping my ten penneth in - but looking at the 0-60mph / 0-100kph sprint times being quoted earlier in the thread of 6.9secs - that's not actually that fast for the power output.......

Think about it - the Celica T-Sport is quoted at 7.2secs.  A saving of 0.3 of a second with an extra 35bhp doesn't sound like a great deal.  :unsure:

Are we talking 0-60 or 0-62? Obviously there is the slight problem of 2nd gear running out at 61mph :(

Plus, previous Toyota performance figures for the Corolla do not appear to have much in common with actual reality :D

Would be good if Toyota brought a bunch of them down to JAE :lol:

Paul.

Would be good if Toyota brought a bunch of them down to JAE  :lol:

Paul.

they did 2 years ago.......and no one noticed :yes:

Would be good if Toyota brought a bunch of them down to JAE  :lol:

Paul.

they did 2 years ago.......and no one noticed :yes:

Wasn't that the Corolla T Sport and the lexus IS300 they brought along?

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links