Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Indicator Reminder Light ?

nam

Hi,

Looking through the manual on the t-sport it mentions something about a service indicator light, Does this come on when car reaches its service interval ?

I think you are refering to the indicator lights for any problem.

If the car is low on fuel it will flash empty, if it has a problem with the airbag it will flash up.

Depending on what the service light is, depends on what action you would take.

I dont think (although only had Harris for a day) that it flashes up to tell you you need a general service. Think thats just down to you.

Yeah, the services are mileage/time based - annual or 10,000 miles - whichever is sooner. There isn't a standard service reminder light.

From experience, the very bottom bar of the fuel gauge (certainly for us Non TS drivers) winks to remind you your fuel is low. There is no further warning after that - it does not go out. Trust me on that one :wacko:

A

As far as the fuel goes, our SR flashes empty and then the malfunction indicator light comes on (looks a bit like some sort of plumbing). This light is meant ot go off when you fill the car.

We havent experienced this yet, and hopefully wont.

Not that this is from experience or anything :ph34r: ... What happens is that once you get the car started again the malfunction light stays on for the next 4 times that you start the engine (and scares the c*ap out of you until you read the manual :lol: ) before going off and staying off - even once you've brimmed the tank.

I wouldn't know anyone who's been stupid enough to let this happen to them... *innocent whistling*

A

As far as the fuel goes, our SR flashes empty and then the malfunction indicator light comes on (looks a bit like some sort of plumbing). This light is meant ot go off when you fill the car.

We havent experienced this yet, and hopefully wont.

I think you are refering to the engine managment light .. orange in colour.. (looks like an engine block.. or a tap?).This light comes on when you switch on the ignition.. it's a self test .. but if it comes on while you are driving it is indicating that there is some kind of problem.. minor or major.. When this happens, you should take your car to a mechanic to get it pluged into a code reader.. now, depending on what the code reader says (it's a series of flashing lights or something) the mechanic will look up his diagnostic decoding book that came with his decoder (lol), and it will tell him what the excact nature of the problem is.

Hope this info helps.

The engine management light is not a service light, nor is it a light to tell you if you are low on fuel. It is a general warning light that could mean anything, the car should be checked if it ever comes on.I speak from experience as it happened to me when i had my carina (turned out it was a problem with the lamda censor)

Of course i am assuming that we are talking about the same light here lol i have a 1.0l GS T-Sport or an SR.

Lol,

i dont know how this post has changed into a discussion about the malfunction light being only linked with the fuel. It is just one situation that will cause the malfunction light to come on, there are of course many others, and most of them will be alot more serious than having an empty tank.

Mine came on ages ago, well last year, faulty AFM (it was not caused by the Pipercross :ph34r: )!

Yeah, the services are mileage/time based - annual or 10,000 miles - whichever is sooner. There isn't a standard service reminder light.

I presume your diesel has more frequent servicing... am I right in thinking my petrol Yaris needs servicing only every 20,000 miles/2 years? :)

I presume your diesel has more frequent servicing... am I right in thinking my petrol Yaris needs servicing only every 20,000 miles/2 years? :)

Hello Laura,

The petrol Yaris requires a "Health Check" at 10,000 miles or one year (whichever is soonest).

This consists of an oil & filter change and a general check on brakes ,fluid levels etc.

The first "Full" service is at 20,000 or two years.

Mr T should have made this clear to you when you collected your Yaris :yes:

The petrol Yaris requires a "Health Check" at 10,000 miles or one year (whichever is soonest).

This consists of an oil & filter change and a general check on brakes ,fluid levels etc.

The first "Full" service is at 20,000 or two years.

Ah yes he did, I was aware of the health check :) I presumed we were still discussing the full 20k service, sorry! :rolleyes:

No, it should be the same - my 1.0 was every 10,000 as well. I had expected the diesel to have shorter service intervals too, but it seems not :)

A

Please do not apologise. :)

Hope you are still"Loving it" Laura :thumbsup:

I would have thought the Yaris would have a service reminder light....

Dont know why, but I know Seat have them and Toyota are better than Seat! :P :P

lol I think Laura and I will remember our service dates - just before Crimbo when we're both skint after buying presents - what a time to buy a car eh Laura! lol :lol::lol:

Dont know why, but I know Seat have them and Toyota are better than Seat!  :P  :P

Even my 106 had one! :blink:

lol I think Laura and I will remember our service dates - just before Crimbo when we're both skint after buying presents - what a time to buy a car eh Laura! lol  :lol:  :lol:

Add to that the tax and insurance... :crybaby: :P

Dont know why, but I know Seat have them and Toyota are better than Seat!  :P  :P

lol I think Laura and I will remember our service dates - just before Crimbo when we're both skint after buying presents - what a time to buy a car eh Laura! lol  :lol:  :lol:

Add to that the tax and insurance... :crybaby: :P

Oh bugger it - I forgot about tax!

But my insurance goes from March to March so its just coming up now....

Ok - I've changed my mind - can I take the car back and pick it up in a few months? :D :D

Just going back to the petrol warning light....anyone have any idea how much fuel is actually left when that light comes on?