Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T2 Clutch Problem

applehead

Hi

Just had the clutch changed by Toyota on our 53' T2 under warranty.

Noise developed when reversing, took it in and was told that Yoyota know about the problem and they fit a modified friction plate .

So much better now !!

Wow, not heard of that one, does it only affect T2's or is it universal across the range? ;)

what kind of noise was it out of interest?

A sort of resonance as the clutch started to bite, first noticed reversing up a slight incline, then soon it became apparent pulling away in first, again as the clutch was released.

Car has done 18000 miles

Not sure if its just T2's , or all 1 litre models .

Thats worrying - and its a fault Toyota KNOW about??

I've not experienced any problems with mine, but I suppose anyone whos worried can always pop to Yota and ask.....

I have noticed mine is starting to make a funny noise when reversing too, it's like when you run your finger round the top of a crystal glass, just a sort of whine really. It's not often it does it and it's not that loud, but i suppose i better get it checked over.

IF t's covered by the warranty, guess where i'll be going tomorrow, as my warranty runs out at he end of the month.

I have noticed mine is starting to make a funny noise when reversing too, it's like when you run your finger round the top of a crystal glass, just a sort of whine really. It's not often it does it and it's not that loud, but i suppose i better get it checked over.

IF t's covered by the warranty, guess where i'll be going tomorrow, as my warranty runs out at he end of the month.

Thats the sound !

The service guy thought it was a problem with the springs within the friction plate, when we took it in for replacement the modified part number was listed on the job card, but can't quote it as we did not receive any paperwork on pickup

Clutch pedal is much , much lighter now and clutch feel is more progresive.