Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Pump Wiring

IceHz

Does anyone know what is the color of the fuel pump wiring is? Need to cut it off to fix an engine immobilizer :eek: (no stock immobilizer in car)

These are the four wires that goes to the tank:

White/Black with 2 Silver lines

Black/Red with 1 Silver line

Brown with 1 Silver line

Purple with 2 Silver lines

have you checked which wires are live when the car is running, becarful try not to make any sparks

have you checked which wires are live when the car is running, becarful try not to make any sparks

I hope that all wires are outside of the fuel tank....if not.... do not carry out this check with any power connected

Hiya Koliya,

The Black-Red wire is the live to the fuel-pump, the White-Black wire is ground. Both the Purple and Brown wire are for the fuel level "thingie". The Silver lines on the wires have no meaning.

Yves.

Thanks Yvvan.... black/red & white/black wires do look a little bit thicker than the other two... or my eyes are playing tricks on me :blink:

and thanks guys.. for the warning!!!!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Nah, nothing wrong with your eyesight. They are of a thicker gauge than the ones for the fuel level sender due to the amount of current flowing through them.

Let us know how you get on with your project. :thumbsup: (or send a mail if you don't want the details out in public for obvious reasons).

Cheers, Yves.

Nah, nothing wrong with your eyesight. They are of a thicker gauge than the ones for the fuel level sender due to the amount of current flowing through them.

Let us know how you get on with your project. :thumbsup: (or send a mail if you don't want the details out in public for obvious reasons).

Cheers, Yves.

Thats what I thought...!!! will keep you posted on the developments :!Removed!:

K :D

• 16 years later...

Hi i have a question i was tring to find fuel pump wire on my 2001 yaris and on the 3th position of key i cant mesure any power on any wire. I was tring to find it to instal kill switch 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links