Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Preout?

albundy

hi there i have an amp and bass box i had from my last car i was wondering if there are preouts on the back of the corolla headunit that i could connect my amp into as i dont want to loose the steeringwheel controls if i put in my own mp3 player headunit any ideas please?

there isn't any connections at the back of the OEM H/U

You could change the speaker outputs into phono connection, but something is going to suffer...

Thats something that i missed from my stereo, but then, saying that, i have a hand remote which always sits in the drinks holder :D

Bing

:thumbsup:

i have a remote too but i like the steering wheel controls too much and like the mpg ect function wot is the toyota sub and amp like that u can get for it where does it conect to on the stereo and how much is it? cheers

i have a remote too but i like the steering wheel controls too much and like the mpg ect function wot is the toyota sub and amp like that u can get for it where does it conect to on the stereo and how much is it? cheers

Dunno what the performance is like but Toyota quoted me about 200 quid for to have one fitted to my car (I decided against it). The dealer knew nothing about it as they'd never seen one before.

I may be wrong here, but I think Autoleads will do an ISO adaptor loom to integrate between your MP3 H/U and the cars ISO loom enabling stalk control. Autoleads do these adaptors for a lot of makes of cars, but I'm not sure about the Corolla. Enquire at your Halfords as they are Autoleads agents.

Dunno what the performance is like but Toyota quoted me about 200 quid for to have one fitted to my car (I decided against it). The dealer knew nothing about it as they'd never seen one before.

Did that £200 include the sub and amp?

If so that's a pretty good deal to fit it as well. The sub and amp are probably cheap tat as well.

Albundy, why not see if you can buy the connectors from Toyota. If they do a sub and amp, you must be able to buy the connectors as well :thumbsup: .

• 3 weeks later...

Did that £200 include the sub and amp?

If so that's a pretty good deal to fit it as well. The sub and amp are probably cheap tat as well.

Albundy, why not see if you can buy the connectors from Toyota. If they do a sub and amp, you must be able to buy the connectors as well :thumbsup: .

I have the toyota sub fitted along with 6 disc autochanger the sub, makes a huge difference to the sound and I believe that there is a socket in the back of the stereo for the sub to connect into.

Although the sub is basically a box approx 12" x 8" x 2" the woofer is approx 6" in size.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links