Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Confused Little Newbie

thiambal

Now I am standing by and prepared to by laughed at.....:lol::lol: .......but I just do not understand.

What does the ST183, ST202 etc etc. mean? I am confused. I have been hanging on in there in the hope it would become clear and I would not have to ask and look stupid but.......... :help:

merely just codes used by toyota to recognise the different models produced.

LOL mate your not stupid....... just new to the Celica game and it does take a while to get your head around :D

Im still learning :unsure: ;) and that is why I will not answer your query incase I bugger it up. :D and get it wrong.

But never fear............. one of the Celica gang will be along to help :thumbsup:

Ash B)

LOL mate your not stupid....... just new to the Celica game and it does take a while to get your head around :D

Im still learning  :unsure:  ;)  and that is why I will not answer your query incase I bugger it up. :D  and get it wrong.

But never fear............. one of the Celica gang will be along to help :thumbsup:

Ash B)

when i first started reading the posts i wondered too, then i saw my mot certificate and realised the st number was the first part of the chasis number.

janice

all celicas are st , . :lol:

1991, august ST182, ST183, ST183C, ST185H

1993, october ST202, ST203

1994, february ST205

1994, september ST202C

1995, august ST202, ST203, ST205

1996, january ST202C

1996, june ST202, ST203, ST205

1997, december ST202, ST202C, ST205

1999, january ST202, ST202C, ST205

It was almost clear there for a minute........to do with the chasis number......

.....except my chasis number starts..... JT164.........so what does that mean? :help:

most gen 6 start with jt164 then stl then 200035274 , so on and so forth.

182 , 183 and 185 are all gen 5 , 202 ,203,205 are all gen 6

Thanks everyone for taking the time to explain this but I am still no nearer knowing what ST??? my car is.

So here goes.... my Chassis number is

JT164ATL000075759

engine number 7AG794750

So where does that leave me?

Found some strange Russian site which seemed to suggest ST202....but how would I know this from the Chassis number?

:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to explain this but I am still no nearer knowing what ST??? my car is.

So here goes.... my Chassis number is

JT164ATL000075759

engine number  7AG794750

So where does that leave me?

Found some strange Russian site which seemed to suggest ST202....but how would I know this from the Chassis number?

Silly thought maybe..... but it should say on the vin plate. failing that describe the car and we can piece the rest together. we are that good :thumbsup: well the boys are, I just go along with what they say.

1800 cc engined celicas are st and sr

the 2 litre versions are called gt , all are still classed as st202 because they are of gen 6 genre.

therefore you own a 1.8 st , st202, as opposed to a 2.0,gt st202.

1800 cc engined celicas are st and sr

the 2 litre versions are called gt , all are still classed as st202 because they are of gen 6 genre.

therefore you own a 1.8 st , st202, as opposed to a 2.0,gt st202.

Excellent, all clear(ish). So I have an ST202. Not clear how you would know this from the Chassis/VIN number - not sure it matters all that much either.

What makes things an ST203 or ST205 then? On second thoughts - perhaps I should leave this one...... I'll get my coat! :!Removed!:

ST202 = non-turbo 2WD with 3S-GE 2 litre engine

ST203 = convertible version of 202 perhaps?

ST204 = US non-turbo with 5S-FE 2.2 litre engine

ST205 = GT-Four 4WD turbo w/ 3S-GTE engine

Strictly speaking shouldn't the 1.8 be an AT200 since it's based on an A-series engine (7A-FE)? The S in the rest of them comes from the S-series engines (3S-GE/3S-GTE/5S-FE).

I was thinking that as I was reading this!

Mine is a 1.8ST and it is an AT200 - that has the 7A-FE

I presume the 1.8SR is an AT200 as it is basically the same car :thumbsup:

So I would say Thiambal has got an AT200 like me :thumbsup:

I was thinking that as I was reading this!

Mine is a 1.8ST and it is an AT200 - that has the 7A-FE

I presume the 1.8SR is an AT200 as it is basically the same car :thumbsup:

So I would say Thiambal has got an AT200 like me :thumbsup:

Any more ideas? Why AT200 and not AT202? :wacko:

I'm sure it says on one of the plates under the bonnet. I think there is one at the left hand side, and one towards the right. One of the codes on one of those plates should start with an AT200

Not sure what it means exactly, but I have noticed things like exhausts and cat convertors are always cheaper for the AT200 - which must be good :thumbsup:

I'm sure it says on one of the plates under the bonnet. I think there is one at the left hand side, and one towards the right. One of the codes on one of those plates should start with an AT200

Not sure what it means exactly, but I have noticed things like exhausts and cat convertors are always cheaper for the AT200 - which must be good :thumbsup:

Right, I am off to check..........will report back :bookworm: .........

I found it, it is an AT200 :thumbsup::thumbsup: Excellent.....not sure how this has improved my situation but at least I now know what everyone is going on about.

Cheers everyone! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links