Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - Is It Actually Any Good?

charliefinnigan

New Golf, new Astra, new Focus, good old Corolla... is it really any good or outstripped by the new kids on the block?

Does Corolla still cut the mustard? Is it genuinely 'A car to be proud of'? Really? Or should I get a Golf...?

New Golf, new Astra, new Focus, good old Corolla... is it really any good or outstripped by the new kids on the block?

Does Corolla still cut the mustard? Is it genuinely 'A car to be proud of'? Really? Or should I get a Golf...?

All of this is just MHO however I am very happy with my CTS (Alarm niggle aside).

I looked at the Astra(New model) and the Focus (last model) but just felt the Corolla had the edge in build quality and fit and finish.

The new Focus seems a very nice proposition too but as I was buying 6 months old this was not on a my short list - it would have been if I was buying new.

As for the Golf, I was looking for something 'nippy' and the GTi version just seems a tad overpriced to me compared to the t-sport.

I'm certainly 'proud' of mine, it attracts admiring looks wherever I go and if I am as happy in 2 years time as I am after just a week and a half of ownership a Corolla (Probably a newer version by then) will definitely be on my shortlist......

Good luck with whatever you choose......

Is Toyota any good, I'd say so.

If you look at the Third World countries and world 'trouble spots' (Iraq, Afganistan etc.) on the news tonight you will see loads of old Toyotas in the background. Years ago it used to be mainly British bangers (from the days of our Empire <_<) and a few 'Yank Tanks' that roamed their streets (plus the odd beetle and Mercedes Diesel Taxi) but now it seams to be mainly jalopies from the 'Land of the Risin' Sun'.

Those countries people choose vehicles that "Keep goin'"

For the price of the Golf GTi you could get a Subaru Impreza WRX. Which would leave the Golf for dead wet or dry :eek: .

Or wait for the uprated T Sport for a bit less than either.

pb5

:wacko:

It is pretty nice car overall, get into it, drive it and if you like it - buy it. It has best interior materials, quality and build of all cars in the class. There is plenty of choice, so better for you!

I suggest some mid-level model, with nicer interior and good price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links