Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting My Aftermarket Hu, And Speakers

admanirv

Ahhhh!!!

It makes sense now (I hope) !

The black plastic thing is the Double Din unit then?

It's all coming together now!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chappers

• dicey2k

• admanirv

• Gnome

Thanks so far everyone, for helping me regarding fitting my aftermarket headunit esp seveer uneak.

Oooohh, it's nice to hear iv been helpful!! No problems at all mate! :thumbsup:

Picture speaks a thousand words..

IMHO - It is shabby, half finished, still has the buttons and cd slot which does nowt..

That's just me tho.  :thumbsup:

Nope, it aint just you... it's me too. It looks daft having two cd players... much neater with one. Personally though, i prefer the standard headunit the way it is (lloks wise) Iv then just bought components that suit the headunit well and so far iv done very well and have a belting ICE install!!

I've been inspired!

AutoLeads FP1103

Shame Mr T. Charge the earth for surrounds!

Yup, thats what you need mate, Halfrauds do them... :thumbsup:

Got mine from the US for £10.. ;)

I don't like giving money to Halfrauds - Online gets it for me every time!

Just got to go and order a surround! Did you have to put your own !Removed! lighter and ashtray back into the new one?

Just got to go and order a surround!  Did you have to put your own !Removed! lighter and ashtray back into the new one?

Yup, I super-glued the !Removed! lighter barrel to the suround, ashtray clips straight in.. :thumbsup:

how come you had to glue the !Removed! lighter barrel in? Surely they made it the same size as the original surround?

how come you had to glue the !Removed! lighter barrel in?  Surely they made it the same size as the original surround?

You'd have thought so.. <_<

how come you had to glue the !Removed! lighter barrel in?  Surely they made it the same size as the original surround?

Oh Chappers! I came up with a solution, and it looks great!

Did my re-install this weekend... with the addition of a £6.99 Halfrauds !Removed! lighter and some expert wiring from myself (Not cutting any original wiring!!!!! - I hate that sort of thing)

FP-11-03 DIN adapter from In Car Express - £23.20 inc postage

T55406-52010-BO Fascia surround from Mr T - £43.80 Inc VAT

Standard 27mm Cigarette Lighter from Halfrauds £6.99

What do you think... You inspired me to do it better! Ans i think it is!!!

From this...

radio1.jpg

To this...

fasciadone.jpg

:hokus-pokus:

Yeah pap, looks miles better, i didnt want to spend the money, but thanks to chappers and the rest of the guys that convinced me to do a proper job - i did!

The Cig lighter was a killer, hence a bit of wiring - I dont smoke but i use it for charging purposes all the time!!!!

Hello guys, i fitted my stero to my car over the weekend, ive gotta say the kit isnt as good as i thought it was, but shabby considering when fitting the fascia plate from audioleads, they dont supply screws the hold it in - no prob as i had some.

I have gotta say it looks miles better than the "coin trick", cost nearly £90 for everyhting in the end, fascia plate, toyota fascia and iso lead.

Speajers wise thye just woulndt work when connected to the pre out via a splitters cable, so i just connected to the door ones- works fine, the sound it better in the car too.

Hello guys, i fitted my stero to my car over the weekend, ive gotta say the kit isnt as good as i thought it was, but shabby considering when fitting the fascia plate from audioleads, they dont supply screws the hold it in - no prob as i had some.

I have gotta say it looks miles better than the "coin trick", cost nearly £90 for everyhting in the end, fascia plate, toyota fascia and iso lead.

Speajers wise thye just woulndt work when connected to the pre out via a splitters cable, so i just connected to the door ones- works fine, the sound it better in the car too.

I used the standard oe lighter again, just need to push clips in, i bent one but fitted in again no prob becuase of the silver and plastic fitting around it. I thought i heard a short of electrical noise the other day, but havent heard it since from dash, maybe it was me not trusting my sefl fitting it?!

That's because u should use the ones that hold the original Double DIN unit in!!!!! You will find a lot of stuff to replace a standard install doesnt come with screws if its designed to use the original fittings

I got screws with my Double din unit, which I got from an online car accessories shop.

Oh Chappers! I came up with a solution, and it looks great!

Did my re-install this weekend... with the addition of a £6.99 Halfrauds !Removed! lighter and some expert wiring from myself (Not cutting any original wiring!!!!! - I hate that sort of thing)

FP-11-03 DIN adapter from In Car Express - £23.20 inc postage

T55406-52010-BO Fascia surround from Mr T - £43.80 Inc VAT

Standard 27mm Cigarette Lighter from Halfrauds £6.99

What do you think... You inspired me to do it better! Ans i think it is!!!

From this...

radio1.jpg

To this...

fasciadone.jpg

:hokus-pokus:

Masterpiece.. :)

That's because u should use the ones that hold the original Double DIN unit in!!!!! You will find a lot of stuff to replace a standard install doesnt come with screws if its designed to use the original fittings

IM sure they had washers on which didnt enable me to use them, as the washer were tooo big

Same problem I had Ad.

The standard Yota screws are self-tappers with a big fat washer on them.

The kit I got supplied others, as the washers got in the way of the unit.

Same problem I had Ad.

The standard Yota screws are self-tappers with a big fat washer on them.

The kit I got supplied others, as the washers got in the way of the unit.

Not for me, worked perfectly and they had the washers on, and they aren't cross threaded!

The supporting arm is in just the right position to take the original screws, if you got the AutoLeads DIN unit that is!

Some might say it fitted perfectly. :rolleyes:

Mine was a different make I think, so that could explain it.

Still, it does the job, and makes the centre console look a whole lot pertier now.

Yeah

Glad i let Chappers bully me into it with dictionary.com warfare!

Chappers - You're a good man

Yeah

Glad i let Chappers bully me into it with dictionary.com warfare!

Ha ha, yeah that was fun.. :D

Chappers - You're a good man

Cheers fella..

hey, please somebody help me. i've a t-sport yaris 2001 and really need a head unit installed. can somebody please help and tell me wot components and wot fascia adaptor i need?????