Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue Engine Coolant Light On Dash ?

nam

Hi,

Does anyone else with T-Sport get this light staying on for a few minutes when starting the Car in the morning ?

I have checked engine coolant level seems to be halfway between full and empty

ta, only noticed it the last few days. it does switch off after a few minutes :)

It's when the engine is cold, it switches off when it's warmed up

Just drive like a nun on a Sunday afternoon while it’s Blue, when the engine is at working temperature, you can rag it :D

Well, to at least 3,000 revs like I do :lol:

I keep the revs under 3000rpm while the blue light is on, and then slowly raise the revs for the next few miles, until after a few minutes, it's revving max to about 5k rpm...

was just thinking about this....i always found the performance the best when the engine was cold....car seems to fly then.....or maybe its just getting back in the car after a while away and being reminded of how awesome the yaris really is.

I have always been told with cars, to drive straight away once started and dont sit idling. If you drive it carefully, it will take longer to warm up and cause more damage to the engine.

You want to get it up to temp as soon as pos. And thats means driving as you would normally. Not like a Nun.

Sorry Voice, dont mean to step on your toes!

I thought that if the coolant was cold then it wasnt protecting the engine/the engine was cold so to prevent any damage you arent meant to rev it hard until it warms up...well its what I do and will continue to do! :yes:

I think it’s advisable to drive steadily with a cold engine. I tend to wait till everything is up to operational temperature before any heavy acceleration or high speed driving. I usually wait a couple of minutes in cold weather after starting up to make sure the oil has reached all parts of my engine before putting my foot down. Nothing worse than having cold oil going around the metal bits, that offers no protection at all. I agree to a point about driving like a nun but only until everything is nice and hot. Just my $0.02 worth