Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra Info Wanted Please

Nippon

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of trying to buy a Supra it has to be a twin turbo manual and Ideally a Uk car but as these are in short demand I would consider an import.A couple of things I would like to know are :-

1/ I was under the impression that ALL UK Supras were 6 speed manuals .Is this not the case.

2/ I want it to keep up with my mates Audi RS4 and Superchipped Renault Clio V6 both putting out 475bhp and 345bhp respectively, how easy would it be to achieve 500bhp on a useable daily basis on both a UK and Jap model ?

Cheers

I REALLY wish people would not assosite "supra" with the mk4.

There WERE other types you know....

of have you just learnt about it from "The fast and the furious"

Give us a clue, and we'll give you sensible answers!

Then again with avatars and sigs full of chavvy delux mr2 with nasty veilside kits...... I'd not expect you to know any better!!!!!

1/ I was under the impression that ALL UK Supras were 6 speed manuals .Is this not the case.

Nope, auto was an option which cost a bit more. However approx 2/3rds of UK specs sold were autos.

2/ I want it to keep up with my mates Audi RS4 and Superchipped Renault Clio V6 both putting out 475bhp and 345bhp respectively, how easy would it be to achieve 500bhp on a useable daily basis on both a UK and Jap model ?

Not too hard. But there is more to beating another car than BHP, the driver for starters !

Mind you if you only want to keep up with them, invest in a tow rope :D

hi mate,

if its a Mk4 you're after try www.mkivsupra.net

Cheers

p.s. you'll have a long hard wait if you want a uk manual 6-speed - and be prepared to pay a premium over an auto of the same spec......

I REALLY wish people would not assosite "supra" with the mk4.

There WERE other types you know....

of have you just learnt about it from "The fast and the furious"

Give us a clue, and we'll give you sensible answers!

Then again with avatars and sigs full of chavvy delux mr2 with nasty veilside kits...... I'd not expect you to know any better!!!!!

Moderators, please feel free to delete this if you like, but I have been a member here for some time and feel justified in this answer.

I hate clever b*stards ! Do you feel all powerful using LARGE fonts ?

If I wanted a chaved up Supra I would really buy a Jap import wouldn't I ? because they all come into this country tarted up to the nines in cheap replica kits, and I realise that there is a mark 3 Supra but I testdrove one back in 1990 as I was considering buying one then, but realised that they were slow, ugly and overpriced and driven by men with inferiority complexes.Also being the expert that you seem to think that you are you should have realised that by saying a "UK twin turbo model" I could only be referring to a MK4.

I am 32 years old and not as your opinion seems to suggest some '!Removed!' who has just sold his first Nova and fancies something big,fast and Jap after watching The Fast and The Furious......I have probably owned more cars than you can name. So why don't you try and give some helpful info before slagging people off .

However the Mk 4 is a different beast, and the fact that I specifically asked for info regarding the UK model should prove that I would prefer a unmolested example.Wind your neck in please as you have a MK3 what makes you qualified to even answer this post ?

Thanks

Nope, auto was an option which cost a bit more. However approx 2/3rds of UK specs sold were autos.

Not too hard. But there is more to beating another car than BHP, the driver for starters !

Mind you if you only want to keep up with them, invest in a tow rope :D

Cheers mate, sensible reply at last.....and I don't care how good a driver you are, my mates RS4 is R----------A-------------P--------------I---------------------D ----->

The nova went last month, and I got a supra N/A a week ago. I'm worried the kids on my council estate might nick my blue valve caps off it though for my bikes....

I'm only 22 but I'm already cheif burger frier (5 stars) at mcdonalds...

one day I hope to be as wealthy and wise as you...

I promise I'll got back to the the supra websites and re read up on supras, then one day when I know as much as you I'll dare come back onto toc.

wanchor.gif

i think you touched a nerve there charlie.. :D

Nippon... mk4's, mk3's, mk2's .. they're all the same. A mid range sports tourer aimed at the chest wig society, and were all guilty of owning one... including you.

I hate clever b*stards !

Hmmm. Why, do they make you feel inadequate?

If I wanted a chaved up Supra I would really buy a Jap import wouldn't I ? because they all come into this country tarted up to the nines in cheap replica kits, and I realise that there is a mark 3 Supra but I testdrove one  back in 1990 as I was considering buying one then, but realised that they were slow, ugly and overpriced and driven by men with inferiority complexes.Also being the expert that you seem to think that you are you should have realised that by saying a "UK twin turbo model" I could only be referring to a MK4.

Or that you somehat changed your tack. 'Ideally a UK car' isn't the same as 'all UK Twin Turbos are Mk IVs'.

Show me a man without an inferiority complex driving anything other than a beige 2CV. B)

Hmm. You're 32. You planned on buying a Supra in 1990. Was this a new one? Because I must admit to being impressed or dubious that a 17 year old male in the UK could afford a Supra and insure it at that time. Even the 2.8 Celica Supra was a bit of an expensive rarity.

I am 32 years old and not as your opinion seems to suggest some '!Removed!' who has just sold his first Nova and fancies something big,fast and Jap after watching The Fast and The Furious......I have probably owned more cars than you can name. So why don't you try and give some helpful info before slagging people off .

Perhaps more information in the first place would be helpful.

Hmm. So, you want to get into "I've owned more cars than you can name" game, eh?

Well, I'm game if you are. I passed my test in 1992 and my first car was a Chevette (technically my first car was an Allegro, but the day before I was legal the suspension failed). Right now I own a 1989 MA70 Supra N/A auto, a 1990 Toyota Sera import, and a 2004 VW Beetle Cabriolet.

There have been quite a few in between there...

However the Mk 4 is a different beast, and the fact that I specifically asked for info regarding the UK model should prove that I would prefer a unmolested example.Wind  your neck in please as you have a MK3 what makes you qualified to even answer this post ?

Plenty of imports are less messed with than UK cars. You clearly have boundless experience of imports here, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge. As soon as you can prove it, anyway ;)

I hate clever b*stards !

Hmmm. Why, do they make you feel inadequate?

If I wanted a chaved up Supra I would really buy a Jap import wouldn't I ? because they all come into this country tarted up to the nines in cheap replica kits, and I realise that there is a mark 3 Supra but I testdrove one  back in 1990 as I was considering buying one then, but realised that they were slow, ugly and overpriced and driven by men with inferiority complexes.Also being the expert that you seem to think that you are you should have realised that by saying a "UK twin turbo model" I could only be referring to a MK4.

Or that you somehat changed your tack. 'Ideally a UK car' isn't the same as 'all UK Twin Turbos are Mk IVs'.

Show me a man without an inferiority complex driving anything other than a beige 2CV. B)

Hmm. You're 32. You planned on buying a Supra in 1990. Was this a new one? Because I must admit to being impressed or dubious that a 17 year old male in the UK could afford a Supra and insure it at that time. Even the 2.8 Celica Supra was a bit of an expensive rarity.

Perhaps more information in the first place would be helpful.

Hmm. So, you want to get into "I've owned more cars than you can name" game, eh?

Well, I'm game if you are. I passed my test in 1992 and my first car was a Chevette (technically my first car was an Allegro, but the day before I was legal the suspension failed). Right now I own a 1989 MA70 Supra N/A auto, a 1990 Toyota Sera import, and a 2004 VW Beetle Cabriolet.

There have been quite a few in between there...

However the Mk 4 is a different beast, and the fact that I specifically asked for info regarding the UK model should prove that I would prefer a unmolested example.Wind  your neck in please as you have a MK3 what makes you qualified to even answer this post ?

Plenty of imports are less messed with than UK cars. You clearly have boundless experience of imports here, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge. As soon as you can prove it, anyway ;)

LMAO hey i just joined TOC to reply to this thread, but Richard beat me to it :thumbsup:

LMAO hey i just joined TOC to reply to this thread, but Richard beat me to it  :thumbsup:

I actually forgot, I was already a member of this forum under a different username from when I had my first Sera. :D

Well welcome to the club and welcome back to the club.

That was a bit of a viscious attack on Mk3 Supra owners Nippon. I take offence :censor:

Moderators, please feel free to delete this if you like, but I have been a member here for some time and feel justified in this answer.

I hate clever b*stards ! Do you feel all powerful using LARGE fonts ?

Thanks

Right Nippon, sorry but you obviously have no clue what you are talking about, cos for starters you did not specify which model you were after, you said preferably an UK but didn't mind an import which, suprise suprise the Mk3 IS available as in the twin turbo guise too!! But you knew that didn't you?

Again you can get better unmolested import examples of the Mk4 than you can of the UK cars which happen to mostly have 6 figure mileages on clock as opposed to the lower mileages of their JDM counterparts. But I bet you knew that too!! Are you keeping up or are the words too big for you?

You say you are 32 but yet you act like a kid with the big "I have probably owned more cars than you can name." thing going on. Next it would be the "My daddy's bigger than your daddy" taunt.

And I'm so sorry that I have an inferiority complex driving a Mk3, (well 2, in fact), but then again judging by the state of your chav'ed up Mr-2s it seems that someone wanted to get noticed and get away from the stereotyped "hairdressers car" theme. To be honest I'd rather drive my slow ugly and overpriced, (You pay 3k for a K reg as opposed to 10k for a K reg Mk4 tt), Mk3s with my inferiority complex than look like a tit in a chav'ed up MR2 "cos I want the birds to like me and everyone else to see my car".

Oh and one last thing Mr know it all, the thing that gives Karma SUPRA the right to answer this post is the fact that:

1) This is the Supra section!!

2) He owns a Supra

3)He had to lay the facts down as you obviously have no clue really, just another keyboard terrorist.

Now THERE'S my 2 cents worth, giving you facts and telling like it is, Like it or lump it

Oh and by the way I did consider the Mk4, but prefer the classic lines of the Mk3 especially with my Aerotop.

Oh yeah, and i have an inferiority complex!!! So

:!Removed!:

Regards,

David C

A Mk3 owner and proud of the fact.

Yeah what ever.

Ok, I was a little ****** last night when I posted the last reply, so apologies if any offence was caused, but I didn't start the abuse.

I will be sure to properly ask for information and check all off my punctuation before posting any more questions.

Just one thing, I know that Mk3 supra's were sold with Twin Turbos, but weren't ALL genuine UK mk3s 3.0i and 3.0i single turbo models ? with the exception of the odd personally imported models.

And yes you are all apparently Supra experts that is why I was asking for info regarding the car but all I seem to get were clever remarks, maybe I'll get another MR2 instead, their owners don't seem to be such pricks !

Maybe I'll just try MKIV.com

Peace out.

Eeeeep What have I started :bye:

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

I think you'd fit in nicely on Mkiv supra.com :thumbsup:

You started by apologising for causing any offence and finished by calling us all pricks. Nice touch :!Removed!:

Maybe we should start this thread again :rolleyes:

And yes you are all apparently Supra experts that is why I was asking for info regarding the car but all I seem to get were clever remarks, maybe I'll get another MR2 instead, their owners don't seem to be such pricks !

Ah. So you're not representative of the MR2 crowd. Good good.

BTW, I believe the word for the kit on that white MR2 is 'Minging'. At least for now. If I find a better one, I'll let you know :D

Right then that's the niceties overwith :thumbsup:

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of trying to buy a MK4 Supra it has to be a twin turbo manual and Ideally a Uk car but as these are in short demand I would consider an import.I would prefer a UK car due to the fact that it has all of the toys, nice full leather interior as opposed to the more common half leather jap imports, but more importantly has the 326 bhp, the bonnet vent and is easier to insure, also parts and body panels are more readily available.

I would like to hear from owners of MK4 Supra's UK and Jap owners respectively and give me some pro's and con's of ownership.

Oh and yeah, the white kit is minging, but then again so is the black one, if you actually clicked any of the links in my sig then you would have seen that both of my MR2s were totally standard.

The body panels are the same on uk/jdm Mk4 supras, the only external noticable difference being the scoop (looks better without imo) and the headlights (glass V plastic)

Although on paper the uk car has more bhp, in reality speed is similar, the jap car suffers less lag as its turbo internals are ceramic, as opposed to the UK's metal ones (which in turn are stronger).

With some insurance companies a JDM TT and a UKDM TT are the same to insure.. so a top spec Jap tt is as good a deal...

Don't forget UK cars have better brakes and 17" rims.

It always amuses me how people with a mid engined cars have HUGE open mouth intakes.... increased drag anyone?

The body panels are the same on uk/jdm Mk4 supras, the only external noticable difference being the scoop (looks better without imo) and the headlights (glass V plastic)

Although on paper the uk car has more bhp, in reality speed is similar, the jap car suffers less lag as its turbo internals are ceramic, as opposed to the UK's metal ones (which in turn are stronger).

With some insurance companies a JDM TT and a UKDM TT are the same to insure.. so a  top spec Jap tt is as good a deal...

Don't forget UK cars have better brakes and 17" rims.

It always amuses me how people with a mid engined cars have HUGE open mouth intakes.... increased drag anyone?

wow, that was almost civil :D

So do UK and Imports have basically the same engine just the different turbo setup ? therefore most tuning parts would be interchangeable

My note regarding the body panels is just a cautionary tale, my mate had a Jap Supra (sorry MK4) in which he had a slight altercation with a field as it was his first RWD car, it was off the road for almot 8 weeks being repaired as the garage couldn't source the Jap spec front bumper, as you know the UK model has the washer jets (horns) on, and in the end that was what he had fitted, just looked weird and he had a hard time trying to sell it as people obviously knew it had been damaged although not seriously.

And it goes to show how opinions vary, I prefer the bonnet scoop !

So an import seems like a better deal, obviously service history would then be an issue, I've heard that these engines are practically bombproof so long as they have been looked after, any opinions ?

Oh and those rear air scoops whistle like a bastid too when you've got the roof panels off. ;)

Again minor differences in spec (I prefer it without the washers too) I'm not sure if the active front spiler was standard or an option in japan ?? But all in all the Shell is the same... (ignoring aerotops)

As far as I know the only real difference is the turbos.. ask on Mk4 forum whichs is best JDM or UK and you'll set off a twently page long debate :P !Removed! mk4 owners! ;) :P

I was going to get a mk4 a couple of years back... I personally was after a black aerotop (so jap) TT, auto or manual I was not bothered as its not a HUGE job to change, and to me a getting a decent Shell is more important! (of course the spoiler would have promptly been removed) I decided to stick with my roots and get another mk3 instead... Just somthing about them the mk4 doesn't have.... plus they are going up in value :thumbsup:

SO YOU THINK MK3 R SLOW. WHEN I HAVE FINISHED MY MK3

SOOP IT HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AT 500 BHP. AND THE GUY YOU

SLAGD OFF HAS HELP ME MOOR THAN ANYONE. SO STOP BEING

A :censor: . WE DO NOT GO ON THE MR2 SLOT AND SLAG THEM OFF.

SO BE NICE AND PLAY NICE. WE R ALL TOC MEMBERS SO LETS

GET NO. CHARLIE IS YOUNG BUT KNOWS HIS STUFF. BUT YOU

WILL BE LUCKY IF ANYONE WILL HELP YOU

IF WE R PRICKS. :angry:

Again minor differences in spec

Errrr i wouldn't call 550cc injectors, steel turbos, diff cooler and larger 4 pot brakes minor differences.

There is a full list of differences HERE

Yeah what ever.

Ok, I was a little ****** last night when I posted the last reply, so apologies if any offence was caused, but I didn't start the abuse.

That's ok mate, Karma Supra was annoyed, (with justification), at the fact that you did not specify that you wanted a Mk4 Supra. That'll be like me asking you for advise on buying an MR-2 without specifying whether I wanted the earlier 1.6 tc or later models.

Let's say for argument's sake that you did not start the abuse, no reason to then insult all Mk3 owners really was there? That's like me going to the MR-2 section and then saying that all MR-2 owners are cross-dressing tossers with a hairdresser's car to match. If I then got abuse, it would be my doing

I will be sure to properly ask for information and check all off my punctuation before posting any more questions.

No need for sarcasm there really, I'm sorry but you really did bring it on yourself.

Just one thing, I know that Mk3 supra's were sold with Twin Turbos, but weren't ALL genuine UK mk3s 3.0i and 3.0i single turbo models ? with the exception of the odd personally imported models.

You are absolutely right there, all the UK cars had the 7M- GE (non turbo) and the 7M-GTE (single turbo) engines. But look at it from another point of view, you may know this, but then others don't which is why you need to specify. I have had people ask me for a uk mk3 tt

See 1st response for reply to the first part of the question. As for the insult, in all honesty it really does make YOU out to be the ubik really doesn't it? You level an insult at all mk3 owners then get narcy when they retalliate and gang up on you. Then you call us pricks cos we defend the cars we love.

Maybe I'll just try MKIV.com

you're more than welcome. Peace out to you too homey!! :yes:

Peace out.

SO YOU THINK MK3 R SLOW. WHEN I HAVE FINISHED MY MK3

SOOP IT HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AT 500 BHP. AND THE GUY YOU

SLAGD OFF HAS HELP ME MOOR THAN ANYONE. SO STOP BEING

A  :censor: . WE DO NOT GO ON THE MR2 SLOT AND SLAG THEM OFF.

SO BE NICE AND PLAY NICE. WE R ALL TOC MEMBERS SO LETS

GET NO. CHARLIE IS YOUNG BUT KNOWS HIS STUFF. BUT YOU

WILL BE LUCKY IF ANYONE WILL HELP YOU

IF WE R PRICKS. :angry:

Thought we'd passed this point, if you bothered to read the rest of the posts, you would have realised I am no longer an MR2 owner or indeed an owner of any Toyota model, and I said that in my opinion the standard UK Mk3 3.0 was slow, and was not referring to your 500+ BHP car. Sorry mate I didn't realise we lived in a fascist state and freedom of expression is forbidden. And were your CAPS locked on for a reason ?.....oooooh I'm scared. :thumbsup: