Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supra Info Wanted Please

Nippon

Again minor differences in spec

Errrr i wouldn't call 550cc injectors, steel turbos, diff cooler and larger 4 pot brakes minor differences.

There is a full list of differences HERE

So in your opinion from a buyers point of view which is the better car ? a UK or Jap spec ?

Yeah what ever.

Ok, I was a little ****** last night when I posted the last reply, so apologies if any offence was caused, but I didn't start the abuse.

That's ok mate, Karma Supra was annoyed, (with justification), at the fact that you did not specify that you wanted a Mk4 Supra. That'll be like me asking you for advise on buying an MR-2 without specifying whether I wanted the earlier 1.6 tc or later models.

Let's say for argument's sake that you did not start the abuse, no reason to then insult all Mk3 owners really was there? That's like me going to the MR-2 section and then saying that all MR-2 owners are cross-dressing tossers with a hairdresser's car to match. If I then got abuse, it would be my doing

I will be sure to properly ask for information and check all off my punctuation before posting any more questions.

No need for sarcasm there really, I'm sorry but you really did bring it on yourself.

Just one thing, I know that Mk3 supra's were sold with Twin Turbos, but weren't ALL genuine UK mk3s 3.0i and 3.0i single turbo models ? with the exception of the odd personally imported models.

You are absolutely right there, all the UK cars had the 7M- GE (non turbo) and the 7M-GTE (single turbo) engines. But look at it from another point of view, you may know this, but then others don't which is why you need to specify. I have had people ask me for a uk mk3 tt

And yes you are all apparently Supra experts that is why I was asking for info regarding the car but all I seem to get were clever remarks, maybe I'll get another MR2 instead, their owners don't seem to be such pricks !

See 1st response for reply to the first part of the question. As for the insult, in all honesty it really does make YOU out to be the ubik really doesn't it? You level an insult at all mk3 owners then get narcy when they retalliate and gang up on you. Then you call us pricks cos we defend the cars we love.

Maybe I'll just try MKIV.com

you're more than welcome. Peace out to you too homey!! :yes:

Peace out.

Ok matey, how's about a straight up sorry ? :thumbsup:

Again minor differences in spec (I prefer it without the washers too) I'm not sure if the active front spiler was standard or an option in japan ?? But all in all the shell is the same... (ignoring aerotops)

As far as I know the only real difference is the turbos.. ask on Mk4 forum whichs is best JDM or UK and you'll set off a twently page long debate  :P !Removed! mk4 owners!  ;)   :P

I was going to get a mk4 a couple of years back... I personally was after a black aerotop (so jap) TT, auto or manual I was not bothered as its not a HUGE job to change, and to me a getting a  decent shell is more important! (of course the spoiler would have promptly been removed)  I decided to stick with my roots and get another mk3 instead... Just somthing about them the mk4 doesn't have.... plus they are going up in value  :thumbsup:

UK mk4's are equipped with steel turbo impellers,550 injectors and an AFM as opposed to the Jap with 440s bigger ceramic turbo impellers and a map sensor so making it better from a tuners point of view. UK brakes are better than the Jap and only the UK models came with the Beige leather interior. The Jap models came in different specs and are apparently lighter than the UK spec. The bonnet scoop can be grafted on to the Jap model. Oh and most importantly, the later import came with the vvt-i engine by which time there were no more UK cars being sold. These models are highly desirable as they have more tuning potential. Contact Paul Whiffin at www.whifbitz.co.uk for more info.

Oh and just one more thing, we have quite a few uk spec mk3 turbos running over 400 bhp and a couple with potentially over 600 bhp.

Apology accepted mate! :group-cuddles: All friends now? :D Afterall we all love our cars and above all we are all toyota lovers. :thumbsup:

Apology accepted mate! :group-cuddles: All friends now? :D Afterall we all love our cars and above all we are all toyota lovers. :thumbsup:

Proper Bo ! B)

Again minor differences in spec

Errrr i wouldn't call 550cc injectors, steel turbos, diff cooler and larger 4 pot brakes minor differences.

:rolleyes:

Nit-picker :P

I do believe I mentioned Turbos, ceramic, and brakes...

these mk4 guys.. jeeeeeez ;)

thread hijack! - but reasonably relevant! :D

i always preferred the idea of buying a uk mk4 twin turbo, but because i have a luvverly blitz access ecu i am now toying with buying a jap mk4 twin turbo (as i was told that the blitz will only go on a jap model).

do peeps think that it would be better to buy a uk model (knowing that i cant use the blitz), but get the bigger brakes, injectors and i suppose value, or plump for a jap model and have the benefit of the ecu.

i suppose im asking whether people rate the blitz access ecu and its tuning potential compared to losing out on the potential benefits of the uk model. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

thread hijack! - but reasonably relevant!  :D

i always preferred the idea of buying a uk mk4 twin turbo, but because i have a luvverly blitz access ecu i am now toying with buying a jap mk4 twin turbo (as i was told that the blitz will only go on a jap model).

do peeps think that it would be better to buy a uk model (knowing that i cant use the blitz), but get the bigger brakes, injectors and i suppose value, or plump for a jap model and have the benefit of the ecu.

i suppose im asking whether people rate the blitz access ecu and its tuning potential compared to losing out on the potential benefits of the uk model.  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

Option 3. You could always get a J spec and with the money you save fit UK brakes, go 550 or bigger on the injector size, a nice single tubby set up. The blitz would go nicely with that don't you think? :bookworm: :D

At the end of the day. the differences are really only on paper, in driving them there is not that much difference.

The brakes on a jap do there job well, its never been an issue but you can always upgrade.

The Injectors and Turbo difference mean that the Jap spool up quicker and creates less lag but over 100mph is where the bigger turbos will be noticed but only marginally.

At the end of the day, they are both great cars which go some, personally i do not like the scoop and headlight washers which is why i went jap and the BHP is only slightly less than standard - not the quoted 280BHp as that is just a gentlemens agreement in Japan which is why cars such as skylines are quoted at 280bhp as well.

As soon as you upgrade the exhaust and air filter you increase the BHP a fair whack anyway.

At the end of the day, its up to you, I test drove both UK's, !Removed!, Auto's and manuals but its more down to the individual car as a lot of jap cars come with all the toys anyway.

so on this 280bhp topic i must admit that this is a recent revelation to me as i was always led to believe that the jap models are 320, and the uk 326bhp.

so in reality are they 320 and the gentleman's agreement is just for legal, or other reasons? :unsure:

i must confess i like the uk bonnet scoop, and would miss this on the jap model, but like you, i dislike the headlamp washers.

so on this 280bhp topic i must admit that this is a recent revelation to me as i was always led to believe that the jap models are 320, and the uk 326bhp.

so in reality are they 320 and the gentleman's agreement is just for legal, or other reasons?  :unsure:

i must confess i like the uk bonnet scoop, and would miss this on the jap model, but like you, i dislike the headlamp washers.

The Jap Models are indeed officially rated at 280bhp, US are 320bhp and UK are 326bhp :thumbsup:

According to most importers that run 280bhp cars straight off the boat they usually push out more in the region of 300bhp :thumbsup:

Bonnet scoop is cool, and means it can compete with the Celica GT4 (ST205) on agressive looks :D :lol:

Headlamp washers are one of those marmite style things, you either love or hate. I personally have grown fond of them, again like the bonnet vent i think it gives the car a bit more of an agressive look :thumbsup:

so in reality are they 320 and the gentleman's agreement is just for legal, or other reasons?  :unsure:

Like I said, its a personal decision but the differences aren't as huge as they're made out to be. go with what you fancy :D

At the end of the day. the differences are really only on paper, in driving them there is not that much difference.

I disagree, the higher torque and quicker spooling ceramic turbos of a Jap spec generally make it seem quicker.

The brakes on a jap do there job well, its never been an issue but you can always upgrade.

It is an issue if you are either a heavy breaker or do a lot of track work with your MKIV, which lets face it is the best (safest) place to make use of the cars potential.

The Injectors and Turbo difference mean that the Jap spool up quicker and creates less lag but over 100mph is where the bigger turbos will be noticed but only marginally.

The bigger injectors (and fuel pump) will allow you to run higher boost pressures. Its not unusual to find a UK spec owner running at 1.3 or 1.4bar. Try to do that in a Jap spec car and either the turbine blades will detach from the shaft or the car will run lean.

As for which car is better, i won't answer that as it really depends what your intended use and goals are for the car, also each camp of owners thinks their marque is best :D

If you are going for an all out monster then most likely a Jap spec is better as a lot of things will get junked along the way anyway. If you are after a car to get you to BPU sharpish then most likely a UK spec car is more suitable.

.. ask on Mk4 forum whichs is best JDM or UK and you'll set off a twently page long debate  :P !Removed! mk4 owners!  ;)  :P

I warned you!!! :lol:

On some MKIV forums, maybe.

:P

Cheers for all that info, but still really undecided .The UK car sounds like the better option to me, but trying to find one will be a !Removed!.....as I really want a manual cos my daily driver is an auto, so it's gonna be far easier to find a manual import TT, then get a UK bonnet on it, cos I really like the bonnet vent.......maybe I should get one of each :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity, what are the colout options of import Vs Uk cars ?

The UK colours I have seen are:-

White

Black

Silver

Red

Dark Blue (Storm Blue)

But I Have seen all the above (different blue tho') Plus

Brown

Bronze

Green

Any others ?

Not really bothered about what colour I get .....but the Bronze ones are at the bottom of my list, Black and silver top......unless I can find the electric blue metallic colour below, then that's the preferred option, think it's a late import colour, but not 100% sure

5e52c8dc.jpg

Thats Royal Saphire Purple(pearl depending who you speak to). It is a lovely colour and only available on facelift imports although that one looks like an early car which has been resprayed.

Your colour list is pretty much there. Also available on imports were yellow (quite rare)and quicksilver (like an oily silver and is very stunning)

The bronze colour looks fantastic in real life!!!! Photos don't seem to do it justice!

Very rare though! (probably because no one else liked it enough to order it lol)

quicksilver

Is that the colour that a lot of people reffer to as Gunmetal? Great colour, very modern :thumbsup:

quicksilver

Is that the colour that a lot of people reffer to as Gunmetal? Great colour, very modern :thumbsup:

yeah, awesome colour, theres a NA over this way, looks stunning :drool:

The bronze colour looks fantastic in real life!!!! Photos don't seem to do it justice!

Very rare though! (probably because no one else liked it enough to order it lol)

I've seen two or three over this way in the Bronze colour, it's one of those colours that looks good in some lights or say bright sunshine, but if it's an overcast day it looks kack...and as our cloudy days far outweigh the sunny ones...I'll give it a miss

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links