Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Quick

mr2-79

I have just got my mr2 on the road after fixing it up from a cat c damaged car. First thing i noticed was that it didn't brake as well as i thought it would, skids way too easilly for me. The other thing was that i used to own a gen 6 celica (N reg) convertible which had a 0-60 time of just over 8secs, just wandering if the MR2 is a lot quicker as it seems it. My car is a '93 L reg revision 2 car which i have been told is 158bhp nearly 20 less than the celica?

Don't know much about the figures for Celica's. The 158bhp rev2 MR2 supposedly does 0-60 in about 7.7 secs. I've got used to the power now, could do with a turbo.

I would of thought just because of the set up of the MR2, that it would out accelerate a fwd Celica.

Whether the Celica has better pick up though; thats something I dont know.

hmm

mr2s are good off the start as rear drives always seem to have a better advantage

plus the weigh shifts backwards, the engines on top of the wheels (weight) which means loads of grip

front drivers will lift the front and be a tad more prone to wheelspin

so may have the advantage... BUT the mr2 is a bit of a heavy bugger i believe, so thatll be a factor

what about the brakes are they usually very keen, found that i didn't have to try hard to make the car skid but i have been used to abs on my last few cars.

i think the brakes are crap on the mr2

poxy 2 piston slide efforts

while the gt4 got massive 4pots!

The b rakes on the two are amazing for standard brakes, get yours stripped down and fit some new internals to them, new pads and disks and you'll be laffing.

www.brakesint.com

J

Yeah I have to say the MR2 has great brakes as standard compared to most other cars. They are very sharp, just don't be too heavy in the wet if you don't have ABS fitted, lol.

its just cos of the weight distribution that the brakes dont feel as good, if you work them hard then they will perform great!

Nowt wrong with my Rev 1 brakes. Even after several high speed test runs setting up the new turbo (smelt a little hot though :lol:).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links