Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

91 Previa Won't Run

lumaclar

My 91 Toyota Previa started running rough one day. It was missing on the third cylinder. We changed the plugs, distributor cap, fuel filter, spark plugs.. and the oil (while wer were at it)

It started once, still missed on the cylinder, and then died and wouldn't start again. I had it towed to the mechanics. He has checked and tested the electrical system, replaced the ecm, replaced the coil, cleaned the injectors, replaced the distibutor (again) and checked that compression was strong in all four cylinders. It starts sometimes, runs rough, and although the plugs are "electronically" firing correctly... three will be wet and one will be dry..This wet/dry plug moves around the four cylinders, ie: it does not stay in just one consistently.

no one in our neck of the woods can figure this out.. Anyone have any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

sound like you have a cdi problem. as the cdi is split in to four parts to fire all cylinders and yet are linked to each other the problem lies in the distributor it self there is no real way of testing it as most garages wont have the equipment my advice is goto a breakers yard that deal with jap cars and buy a new one off a car that has done less miles than your own and swap it over that should solve the problem.

• 3 months later...

Is there fuel getting to all the cylinders?

For an engine to work you need fuel , air, compression and fire. If you get all these it should go.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links