Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

94 Camry Power Window

nshleppy

The lift cable had popped out of the regulator due to a crack in the plastic connector which I epoxied successfully. I refuse to pay the exorbitant price they are charging for the assembly. I am having difficulty spooling the cable back onto the motor assembly. Has anyone been successful in doing this? Do the up and down cables have to be under tension when assembled? Can't seem to accomplish this. The cable seems to tangle on the spool.

• 1 month later...

It was a royal pain, but I did successfully re-spool the cable on my '92 Camry (regulator is identical to the one on your '94). Yes, the cables will be under tension when properly assembled. I used two Vise-Grips to compress the tensioning springs where the cables feed into the motor assembly, wound the cables from the center of the spool outwards (in different directions), then fought the spool back into place. Took me several tries, and is not something I want to do again.

My success was short-lived, however -- the cable snapped :angry: a couple of weeks later. No way was I going to try to find replacement cable and go thru respooling again! So I went web shopping for an assembly.

How does $97.95 sound for a new unit? A1 Electric has them for $89.95 + $8.00 shipping. I replaced the driver's side regulator in early May; perfect fit and it's still working perfectly.

So ..... when the passenger side unit went bad :( two weeks ago, I ordered that one from A1. Installed it yesterday - same good results. :D

Here's the link:

A1 Electric - Toyota Window Lift Motors & Regulators

If the link doesn't work, just go to www.a1electric.com, click ONLINE CATALOG.

Hope this helps!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links