Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Full Screen Sat Nav

sparkydog

:thumbsup: I have just fitted the full screen sat nav unit from Toyota, It was a doddle, I found the additional looms already in place in little grey sponge bags behind the original radio,it works perfectly.My Rav is an 04 XT3, this may be a bit of useless information ,but it its easier than you think to change the unit if you decide to buy one,

Where did you get the unit from and how much was it ? - have seen them on eBay but didn't have my Granite at the time - can't decide between going for the official unit and a stand alone one ...

Where did you get the unit from and how much was it ? - have seen them on ebay but didn't have my Granite at the time - can't decide between going for the official unit and a stand alone one ...

:thumbsup: Hi, got mine from Alan ," Ankley2003@aol.com " great bloke to deal with, a few of us have dealt with Alan very informative and helpfull, ask mooranger and check the previous posts. approx £488 ish depends on how you pay :thumbsup:

Where did you get the unit from and how much was it ? - have seen them on ebay but didn't have my Granite at the time - can't decide between going for the official unit and a stand alone one ...

:thumbsup: Hi, got mine from Alan ," Ankley2003@aol.com " great bloke to deal with, a few of us have dealt with Alan very informative and helpfull, ask mooranger and check the previous posts. approx £488 ish depends on how you pay :thumbsup:

Yep - another Alan fan here - great quick service - been happily using the sat nav for almost three months now - not a single problem......(Apart from dropping a screw in the dash!!!) - wicked unit - Best way to go if you intend to keep the car sometime!

C.

Oh yes, we're all pleased with the service provided by Alan. To back up the choice for the Toyota unit, I got a Vectra hire car from work yesterday and it had satnav installed. I have never used such a crappy system in all my life compared to the Toyota unit. Toyota - touch screen, easy menu : Vauxhall - difficult menu, naff maps and not touch screen. I kow Alan's got some units at the moment as well.

Was it the same as this one on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5754111350&rd=1

I have an 03 RAV4 GX and am thinking on entering the bidding war for it, but am unsure if it will fit

:thumbsup: just checked it out , that is'nt Alan. Besides its second hand and its up to £460 now , he sells them at £450 brand new

please be aware that some of the units like the one on eBay are being stolen from the factory. whilst this means they are new it also means you could be questioned for recieving stolen goods or have it taken from you as it could be one of these units.

you have been warned

Edited by dawesy

Did wonder what the source for these might be - had been concerned they may be a bit warm - that's me not bidding either now ... :cacker:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm also trying to find a Sat Nav, tried to contact Alan on above E-mail, No answer as yet. Is it still a good contact for him?

Hi i'm also trying to find a Sat Nav, tried to contact Alan on above E-mail, No answer as yet. Is it still a good contact for him?

:thumbsup: Yes ,He "enjoys his weekends " so it usually takes a few days for him to contact you :thumbsup: SD. ;)

Must enjoy the weekends, as I emailed him on Monday, still waiting?????.

Lets hope he's just on holiday :D

• 1 month later...
Must enjoy the weekends, as I emailed him on Monday, still waiting?????.

Lets hope he's just on holiday :D

hi M12 Turbo

just checking to see if you managed to have any success with alan as i too am trying to contact him but theres been no reply.

Nope no replies, Still searching for a affordabale unit ??

Regards

Dave

does anyone know how we can contact this alan guy other than the email above. surely there should be a telephone number?

Are you saying its possible to have full screen Satnav in a 3DR rav4 XT3 ?????!!?

:thumbsup: Ohhhhhh Yes , All the leads are tucked away in little sponge bags, hidden inside the dash , My Rav is an 04 XT3 And everything works perfectly well with the new kit fitted :thumbsup:

Are you saying its possible to have full screen Satnav in a 3DR rav4 XT3 ?????!!?

:thumbsup: Ohhhhhh Yes , All the leads are tucked away in little sponge bags, hidden inside the dash , My Rav is an 04 XT3 And everything works perfectly well with the new kit fitted :thumbsup:

But wheres the space for full screen satnav?

I bought my XT3, its 3DR 05 model with regular satnav. Are you saying that I can change it into full screen satnav??? The dealers told me that I couldnt possibly have full screen satnav on my model.

Were they wrong about that?

Think perhaps the dealer meant it was not offered as an option - only the XT5 comes with the full screen unit ...

:thumbsup: if you read ealier post on the satnav unit,you can check if you have the nec. sponge bags, if you do ,it is simply plug and play, it takes about 30 minutes to change, the unit from Toyota is approx £3000 but people have picked them up on eBay for £500 ish brand new . :thumbsup:By the way the dealer told me ,it isn't an option on mine , but its working perfect . :rolleyes:

Don't you think that a price differential of £2500 between eBay and the dealer might suggest the eBay ones are a bit "hot". OK, you might get a good priced one on eBay, but £2500 cheaper shouts dodgy all the way :arrgg-matey:

Even £1000 would be a bargain seeing ones like the Pioneer with large screens retail at between £1200 - £1500.

Maybe this is why people aren't having much luck at finding them on Ebay for around £500

Sparky, i just dont see how it can fit. Can you by any chance, include photos of yours already installed in your car. That would be awesome.

Incidently, whats the item number for ordering purposes?

Don't you think that a price differential of £2500 between ebay and the dealer might suggest the ebay ones are a bit "hot". OK, you might get a good priced one on Ebay, but £2500 cheaper shouts dodgy all the way  :arrgg-matey: 

Even £1000 would be a bargain seeing ones like the Pioneer with large screens retail at between £1200 - £1500.

Maybe this is why people aren't having much luck at finding them on Ebay for around £500

:thumbsup: There is a company in America that is selling new Toyota Sat Navs for this range at $1500 which is approx £700 they don't appear to be selling "hot Property" but they are a Bugger to deal with . :thumbsup:

Sparky, i just dont see how it can fit. Can you by any chance, include photos of yours already installed in your car. That would be awesome.

Incidently, whats the item number for ordering purposes?

:thumbsup: I am sorry ,I don't have any photo's, but Rowena461 has posted a few in the past. Do a search for Navigation ,I think the topic was "has anybody fitted a full screen sat nav unit " or something like that. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links